ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application and NRDS Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spartanking_007
Mood:
India

Online application and NRDS Questions

Post by spartanking_007 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am a follower of this group for a decade and have found it extremely helpful.

Now it's time again for some help with my BC application (Naturalisation and Passport application).

My Situation:

In UK since Nov 2010.
Currently on ILR (Approved in Nov 2015)
Making my first application for BC

1) Can I apply via online or should i apply using the paper application ? Which is the preferred method, i would prefer to retain my documents and would like to use the checking service.

2) I am currently self employed and up to date with all my taxes, except recently i have made the self assessment payment late by 10 days, but assessments were submitted on time. will this be an issue for the application.

(will there be any issue with the application if the self assessment were submitted late in the past before making the ILR application).

3) can some one provide a list of documents for the application

4) Do we need to make a joint application now for naturalisation and passport.

5) is there a checking service whether our application will be successful or not apart from NCS ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks

ajitk1
BANNED

Re: Online application and NRDS - UKVI requesting missing documents

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 am

spartanking_007 wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:46 pm
Hello Everyone,

I am a follower of this group for a decade and have found it extremely helpful.

Now it's time again for some help with my BC application (Naturalisation and Passport application).

My Situation:

In UK since Nov 2010.
Currently on ILR (Approved in Nov 2015)
Making my first application for BC

1) Can I apply via online or should i apply using the paper application ? Which is the preferred method, i would prefer to retain my documents and would like to use the checking service.

2) I am currently self employed and up to date with all my taxes, except recently i have made the self assessment payment late by 10 days, but assessments were submitted on time. will this be an issue for the application.

(will there be any issue with the application if the self assessment were submitted late in the past before making the ILR application).

3) can some one provide a list of documents for the application

4) Do we need to make a joint application now for naturalisation and passport.

5) is there a checking service whether our application will be successful or not apart from NCS ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks
The best is to apply online and use the NDRS service where you can keep your originals.
The documents are different if you are an EEA citizen. You need your passport, the document confirming permanent residency and P60s of the last 5 years. YOu should not have spent more than 450 days in the last 5 years out of which less than 90 in the last 12 months. For non EU citizens its BRP. You should hold PR status for one year.
Its not as difficult at people think.
YOu do not need to apply for the passport immediately. Joint application is irrelevant as each application is decided on its own merits.
NCS does not guarantee approval. They only copy the required documents and forward them. Its worthwhile spending that money because they often find some document missing and dont accept unnecessary documents you could send.

spartanking_007
Mood:
India

Re: Online application and NRDS Questions

Post by spartanking_007 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Thanks for the reply ajit !

Could not get a chance to return to the blog.

I am currently in the process of applying for BC.