ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 change of employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eagle123

Tier 2 change of employment

Post by Eagle123 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi Experts,

Once Labour Market test is done I am planning to apply for new Tier 2 visa as I am changing jobs. Can you please advise me on the following questions.

1. Do I need to submit my CV with my visa application?
2. In case something goes wrong and the applicant’s visa is not granted (I hope everything will go smooth) can the applicant continue to work for the current employee?
3. Should I resign when my new visa is issued just to be on a safe side?
4. Can my new company/legal representative ask UKVI to issue the visa from the particular date in order for me to serve one-month notice with my current company?
5. Do I need to pay NHS charge once again even though it is already been paid when I applied for my current visa valid till December 2019?

Apologies if some of the questions have been answered before I am not a regular user of the forum.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thank you and have a great week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 change of employment

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:14 pm

1. No.

2. Your current visa won't be cancelled so you can carry on as normal (obvs if you have not resigned).

3. Yes, always better to have new visa in hand first.

4. It depends on the start date in the UCoS but they could add a note to the SMS system as far as I am aware.

5. Yes, you need to pay IHS again for your new visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Thank you very much for your help. Very useful. Not sure why the lawyer asked for my CV. It seems they want to submit it as additional proof that I am the best fit for the job. Will check with the lawyer why it is needed.

Did anyone here submit the CV with Tier 2 application when switching the employee?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:05 pm

It is your prospective employers responsibility to ensure they have met the RLMT requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.