ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iceice304
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by iceice304 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:28 am

Rockyguy, I can understand the level of frustration and I am sure that is the right move to contact solicitor. Just wondering would solicitor or legal route be an beneficial? Any one in the group having any experience?one of my friends got approved for this ceremony, He applied in August 16

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Fri May 18, 2018 4:14 am

Iceice. Thanks for the reply. I know one of my friend his spouse also got her approval 2 weeks ago. She also applied in 2016 August. But we should take some legal action through a good lawyer or barrister. I must say it would help just wait til june. sometimes department just don't look after some applications. I think i am the one in this forum who's waiting longer than anyone else.I had no convictions never been on social welfare or any other payments. Have been working since i am in the state. I am just frustrated.

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:48 am

Guys, any updates and any news.....

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue May 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Language test may be needed for citizenship

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/l ... 70943.html

tempacc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by tempacc » Wed May 23, 2018 12:41 am

This is seriously getting ridiculous. I applied in august 2016 and still waiting for the decision. I get reply with the same automated email every time I email them asking about the updates :(

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Wed May 23, 2018 5:51 pm

I am in the same situation tempec. It's really heart breaking the way they processing the applications. Does anyknow knows when is the next ceremony going to be? We should contact some wellknown barrister/solicitors in Dublin. It would help as a advised by my friends.

tempacc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by tempacc » Thu May 24, 2018 10:14 am

rockyguy wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:51 pm
I am in the same situation tempec. It's really heart breaking the way they processing the applications. Does anyknow knows when is the next ceremony going to be? We should contact some wellknown barrister/solicitors in Dublin. It would help as a advised by my friends.
What makes you think that hiring solicitor/Barrister could make any difference? I think the barrister/solicitor cant do much but only sending emails, its all upto CITZ department that when they want to work on old pending applications, I think no one can do anything but just wait

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Thu May 24, 2018 12:10 pm

hey there, I'm in the same boat - applied early Jan 2017, got 2nd letter end of August 2017, nothing since then, I keep calling and writing them every week: one week call, one week email, nothing tangible.
All the guys who came with me from RU or KZ to the country to work for the same company and applied even later than me got all approved between September and February, DE manager who applied in June 2017 got it in April.
I'm super annoyed and confused at this point as no reasons for such delay were provided. The only thing I might see influencing the delay is the fact that I've sold an apartment in Russia last May and moved cash through the border but all fully declared with all taxes paid last year and returns submitted this year. Other than that I've no clue, as have a very straightforward history in RU and IE.
Sent them an email yesterday to ask about the maximum time they take to review the case and come up with the decision, looking forward to their reply really.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Sat May 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi Folks,
Can anyone with an experience of hiring a solicitor for a delayed citizenship application to share with us if engaging a solicitor could yield a positive outcome or not and how much money it might cost us. I am about to complete the two years of waiting for a decisions regarding my citizenship application and I am really thinking to engage a solicitor for this as I got fed up from the unclear answers I am getting every time from that office. My latest update I got via the phone is that the application has been prepared for the minster from March and till now it is not submitted to minister office. I am not aware of any reason for this delay and they are not awaiting any thing from me so in my opinion this delay is unjustified. Please share us any experience regarding engaging a solicitor for such issue.

tempacc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by tempacc » Mon May 28, 2018 1:48 am

Syjem wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:07 pm
Hi Folks,
Can anyone with an experience of hiring a solicitor for a delayed citizenship application to share with us if engaging a solicitor could yield a positive outcome or not and how much money it might cost us. I am about to complete the two years of waiting for a decisions regarding my citizenship application and I am really thinking to engage a solicitor for this as I got fed up from the unclear answers I am getting every time from that office. My latest update I got via the phone is that the application has been prepared for the minster from March and till now it is not submitted to minister office. I am not aware of any reason for this delay and they are not awaiting any thing from me so in my opinion this delay is unjustified. Please share us any experience regarding engaging a solicitor for such issue.
Syjem, What I reckon is that engaging a solicitor is not sufficient enough , because all solicitor can do is that only sending an email and asking an updates, the only thing matters if good few solicitors appeal in the high court mentioning the delay period and not having the reason for the delay from CITZ department. So If there are good few people hire solicitor and all the solicitors go to the high court , that may put some pressure on the CITZ department. Otherwise only hiring a solicitor and sending an email through solicitor wont make any difference only wasting money. Thats my guess and opinion, unless anyone disagree and have any other opinion here?

tempacc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by tempacc » Mon May 28, 2018 10:16 am

Syjem wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:07 pm
Hi Folks,
Anyway dont worry about it now, no need to take any stress, we all will get the updates soon as its already been 2 years for the applicants who applied in 2016

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Tue May 29, 2018 10:26 am

called them just now and the woman on the phone said the same canned response without wanting to give more information - it kind of felt talking to a robot machine really because she kept repeating what's being sent on email:

Your application continuous to be processed, we will let you know if we need further documents, applications times vary.. bla bla bla

This is really disappointing and sad to see how this process is handled!!!

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:27 am

Totally agreed, similar experience I had today with the woman on phone. Robotic and flat tone, not willing to give information about anything..
They are behaving as if they are the criminal investigating agency and not a civil department..

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Wed May 30, 2018 2:31 am

I called the citizenship too after 1 hr of dialing. This lady said to me the same thing, She seemed a bit rude to me. She didn't tell me anything apart from that " We received last correspondence in last February 2018 which was passport return" So i asked them on what stage my application is right now she didn't say anything just said its in process so i asked her any idea when is the next ceremony going to be she said " I am not sure may be end of this year" and good bye. Guys what i am seeing around there is a crackdown on "Sham marriages" these days specially for EuFam holders so they are investigating each and every case in detail until they are not satisfied forget about any updates from them.This delay can be extend to few more months or year i say. its really devastating but there is nothing we can do about it. I have a solicitor but i am thinking to speak to someone well-known but still i don't see any gain of it.

tempacc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by tempacc » Wed May 30, 2018 9:17 am

rockyguy wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:31 am
I called the citizenship too after 1 hr of dialing. This lady said to me the same thing, She seemed a bit rude to me. She didn't tell me anything apart from that " We received last correspondence in last February 2018 which was passport return" So i asked them on what stage my application is right now she didn't say anything just said its in process so i asked her any idea when is the next ceremony going to be she said " I am not sure may be end of this year" and good bye. Guys what i am seeing around there is a crackdown on "Sham marriages" these days specially for EuFam holders so they are investigating each and every case in detail until they are not satisfied forget about any updates from them.This delay can be extend to few more months or year i say. its really devastating but there is nothing we can do about it. I have a solicitor but i am thinking to speak to someone well-known but still i don't see any gain of it.
Thats true, These Sham Marriages guys made a life hell for others who got genuine marriage. But I Think seeking for a well known Barrister / Solicitor wont make any difference unless they put a petition in a high court or supreme court. If all or few bunch of guys go together and hiring solicitors or Barrister and put a petition in supreme or high court, may put some pressure to the department, second option is just wait, the good sign is that there is no objection in our application in 2 years waiting period so i dont think we need to worry about anything else but only the delay.

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Thu May 31, 2018 9:30 am

Just called the officeand the woman told that they are working on the file at present and if they need any further documents they will contact me in next couple of days........anyone in the group having similar response? What does it mean????

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassaanhaque » Thu May 31, 2018 10:36 am

I just go the exact same response now. She confirmed that there has been work done on the file recently. I will see if any progress is made within 2 weeks, If not then I am contacting a Solicitor for FOI request.

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:16 am

iceice304 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:30 am
Just called the officeand the woman told that they are working on the file at present and if they need any further documents they will contact me in next couple of days........anyone in the group having similar response? What does it mean????
Same response here she said my file is being worked on and should hear from them in the next couple of weeks.
Although she said there wnt be any decision letters till the end of summer. I said to her I was told a few weeks ago that my file was being submitted so she said yeah well it will be something coming back from there.
I’m confused now 🤷🏻‍♂️

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:37 am

Cz2015...have you heard anything from them since the last phone call....I haven’t received anything yet

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:17 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:37 am
Cz2015...have you heard anything from them since the last phone call....I haven’t received anything yet
No haven’t received anything hoping I get something soon as I see on the 2017 thred someone has received an approval. Good luck

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 am

Just called them now, they said that the application is at advanced stage and it has been submitted to the minister and it will not take long for decision. I am getting similar responses for the last three months and yet to receive the decision.

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:57 am

I've been told about the advanced stage and being submitted to the minister, but then that's it's being prepared to be submitted, so I don't really know what's happening, but sounds as the minister hasn't seen mine yet :(

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:47 am

also asked them about 'sham marriages' investigations and if my application is connected cause technically it fits: ru and de married in cork in 2012, even if i was here before on work permit. but they replied with just a standard answer and no docs are needed atm

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:39 pm

I heard about those investigations aswell but how long its going to be. They have right to check on everything but 2 years is more than enough time to make a decision. Is there anyone who is waiting for 2 years?

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:22 am

Will be 2 years in November