ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - UK NARIC or B1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abby10
India

ILR - UK NARIC or B1

Post by Abby10 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:46 am

Hello Everyone,

This query is on behalf of my friend and being honest we both sail in the same boat. Whilst my ILR is not due until July 2020 his ILR is due in next couple of months.
I will definitely approach this forum once again when I am nearing my ILR as there would have been some changes to the rule at that point.

We have gone through the list of FAQs for English however, it does not have exact answer that we are looking for. Also we have managed to read as much as possible the questions raised and success stories however, did not get the answer we are looking for.

He arrived in the UK in 2013 and proved his English via Point Based Calculator (degree taught in Non-English Country), which now is no longer in place.
The degree was done almost 16-18 Years ago and getting the Transcript and MOI without being physically present at the university is a challenge,

So the main question here is can he give B1 Test through Trinity (which he is happy to) or he will have to go with UKNARIC as he had used degree as mode to prove his English at the time of entry.
Also someone had confused in one of the thread (I don't recollect which one) by mentioning that you will still need a letter from UKNARIC on comparability even if we have B1 - Is that correct?

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies if this was answered in any thread however, as mentioned we were not able to find any success stories where someone has used the above mentioned route.

Thanking you all in advance. Have a lovely day ahead.

Abby

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - UK NARIC or B1

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:50 am

B1 test and UK NARIC cost the same (£150 each). He only needs one of them not both for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abby10
India

Post by Abby10 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:54 am

Hello CR001,

Thank you so much for your lighting speed reply, really appreciated.

Can he then safely go ahead and book B1 irrespective of what was used in the past and this won't cause any issue or question by the case worker at the time appointment.

Abby

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:56 am

Yes, B1 test on its own is acceptable regardless of what was used in the past.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abby10
India

Post by Abby10 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:05 pm

You are a Star CR001. I must admit you always gone out of your way to help everyone in this group which is really commendable.

You have a lovely day ahead :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:08 pm

You're welcome and good luck to your friend.

P.S. the B1 test is literally just a 10 or 15 minutes, easy peasy.
Char (CR001 not Casa)