ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport has different name than birth certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nasir639

Passport has different name than birth certificate

Post by nasir639 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi,

My son has 3 names in his Egyptian passport (Oxxx Nxxx Ixx) however his birth certificate says Oxxx Nxxx. When I filled in his MN1 form and passport form, I only put 2 names as they appear in his BC.

Today I received his British passport and they just copied the name as it appear in his foreign passport. Is this the rule nowadays? I was advised that they have to put what it says on his birth certificate.

I would appreciate some advise if someone could share a similar experience.

Thanks,

TheRock9
Mood:

Re: Passport has different name than birth certificate

Post by TheRock9 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:51 am

nasir639 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:09 pm
Hi,

My son has 3 names in his Egyptian passport (Oxxx Nxxx Ixx) however his birth certificate says Oxxx Nxxx. When I filled in his MN1 form and passport form, I only put 2 names as they appear in his BC.

Today I received his British passport and they just copied the name as it appear in his foreign passport. Is this the rule nowadays? I was advised that they have to put what it says on his birth certificate.

I would appreciate some advise if someone could share a similar experience.

Thanks,
Hi,

The issue the British Passport with the name which is mentioned on your other passport.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

nasir639

Re: Passport has different name than birth certificate

Post by nasir639 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:21 pm

You are right. That’s exactly what happened.

Thanks for the help.