ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS for spouse

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

vito
Newly Registered

IELTS for spouse

Post by vito » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:44 pm

Dear All ,

I find this forum is very usefull for people who is looking for migration related information . I just joint to this forum and would like to ask the following question:

My spouse studied in Australia ( for 1.5 years) few years ago. Does she need to provide IELTS result?

Thanks in advance for sharing the information

Best Regards,
vito

thinker

Hi Vito

Post by thinker » Thu May 01, 2008 4:48 am

Vito,

Though your spouse studied in Australia, she needs to pass IELTS exams for you to claim the Spouse bonus point of 5 in your PR application.

Since she would have only written IELTS (Academic) when she studied and the PR requirement is IELTS - General, I believe she would be better of writing IELTS (General) again as the visa case officer may deny you the point saying she hasn't completed IELTS (General).

You should also keep in mind if her IELTS (Academic) results are more than 2 years old, they become automatically useless for any visa purposes.

Unless you hold a UK, USA, Canada or NZ passport and a native English Speaker, I would strongly recommend sitting for IELTS exams. This will save you enough trouble after you submit your visa application.

Hope this helps!