ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Employer letter/Financial Requirement help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pkm5
Newly Registered
Mood:

UK Spouse Visa 4 Weekly Pay Help

Post by pkm5 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 pm

Hello,

I am looking to make an application to bring my wife over to the UK but I am struggling in being able to calculate the financial requirement as I am paid 4 weekly

I have been with the same employer for 3 years and I receive an hourly wage (non salaried)

I understand how monthly pay is calculated as adding up the gross income for the last 6 months worth of income and then divide by 6 multiplied by 12

Does anyone have an idea how they calculate 4 weekly pay or has anyone had a successful application with 4 weekly pay that they could share with me

Thanks in advance

Alam-
Mood:

Re: UK Spouse Visa 4 Weekly Pay Help

Post by Alam- » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:02 pm

pkm5 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 pm
Hello,

I am looking to make an application to bring my wife over to the UK but I am struggling in being able to calculate the financial requirement as I am paid 4 weekly

I have been with the same employer for 3 years and I receive an hourly wage (non salaried)

I understand how monthly pay is calculated as adding up the gross income for the last 6 months worth of income and then divide by 6 multiplied by 12

Does anyone have an idea how they calculate 4 weekly pay or has anyone had a successful application with 4 weekly pay that they could share with me

Thanks in advance
Under category A, take your last 7 payslips, add them up (gross earning), divide them by 28 (weeks) and multiply by 52 (weeks), (if it comes over 18600, you're good to go).
6 payslips have 24 weeks while you need to cover 26 weeks (6 months) to qualify.

pkm5
Newly Registered
Mood:

UK Spouse Visa Employer letter/Financial Requirement help

Post by pkm5 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:26 pm

I have requested a letter from work in regards to the UK spouse Visa financial requirement

The letter reads as follows...

Dear Sir/Madam

Please accept this letter of confirmation that ______ ________ is a permanent full time employee of ____ _______ ______ ___, based in _______ United Kingdom

Date of Employment: 5th October 2015
Employee Contract Status: Permanent, Full Time
Role: ______________
Salary: £18,270pa basic
Overtime: Overtime is non contractual, however ______ is paid at his standard hourly rate as a minimum for any overtime worked.
Bonus: Bonus is non contractual, however ______ received a £600 bonus in January from our parent company, ____.
Shift Allowance: ______ is eligible for a shift allowance of £1 per hour when working past 8pm which equates to approx. 125 hours per annum.

There are no current plans to amend _______ employment status. As a financial institution working on behalf of __________ _____ ____ ________ we require out employees to undergo frequent credit and criminal checks; there has never been any reason to doubt ______ honesty or integrity in this regard.

Should you require any further information, please let me know via ___________ or via email ___________

...................................................................................................................................

I wondered if there is anything missing from the letter that I should requested to be added

Also I get paid 4 weekly and over the past 6 months I have been paid the following

January - £1940.81 (£600 bonus included)
February - £1286.90
March - £1312.87
April - £1321.87
May - £1380.81
June - £1394.22

I am due to receive another payslip in June due to being paid four weekly which will equate to roughly £1390.00. Do I need to wait for this wage slip before I send the application as I am paid 4 weekly?

I also have £18000 in cash savings but this has only been in my account since March 22nd

Is anyone able to look at the above information and give there opinion on the best way to go in regards to the Visa application Financial requirement

Thanks in advance

mysterylady11

Re: UK Spouse Visa Employer letter/Financial Requirement help

Post by mysterylady11 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:53 am

pkm5 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:26 pm
I have requested a letter from work in regards to the UK spouse Visa financial requirement

Dear Sir/Madam

Please accept this letter of confirmation that ______ ________ is a permanent full time employee of ____ _______ ______ ___, based in _______ United Kingdom

Overtime: Overtime is non contractual, however ______ is paid at his standard hourly rate as a minimum for any overtime worked.
Bonus: Bonus is non contractual, however ______ received a £600 bonus in January from our parent company, ____.
Shift Allowance: ______ is eligible for a shift allowance of £1 per hour when working past 8pm which equates to approx. 125 hours per annum.

There are no current plans to amend _______ employment status. As a financial institution working on behalf of __________ _____ ____ ________ we require out employees to undergo frequent credit and criminal checks; there has never been any reason to doubt ______ honesty or integrity in this regard.

Should you require any further information, please let me know via ___________ or via email ___________

...................................................................................................................................

I wondered if there is anything missing from the letter that I should requested to be added

Also I get paid 4 weekly and over the past 6 months I have been paid the following

February - £1286.90
March - £1312.87
April - £1321.87
May - £1380.81
June - £1394.22

Are these gross or net pay?

I am due to receive another payslip in June due to being paid four weekly which will equate to roughly £1390.00. Do I need to wait for this wage slip before I send the application as I am paid 4 weekly?

I also have £18000 in cash savings but this has only been in my account since March 22nd

Is anyone able to look at the above information and give there opinion on the best way to go in regards to the Visa application Financial requirement

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:16 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pkm5
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by pkm5 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:13 am

mysterylady11 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:53 am
pkm5 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam

February - £1286.90
March - £1312.87
April - £1321.87
May - £1380.81
June - £1394.22

Are these gross or net pay?

Thanks in advance

Hi these are gross earnings

mysterylady11

Post by mysterylady11 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Am not sure how the savings bit works, but I know your gross salary should be at least £1550 a month in order to meet the financial requirement.

And from what you’ve stated it seems to be below that .

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:54 pm

pkm5 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam

February - £1286.90
March - £1312.87
April - £1321.87
May - £1380.81
June - £1394.22

Thanks in advance
If your wages figures are gross (before tax) including the overtime then I think you should only rely on non-salaried person instead salaried so that HO don't take your lowest wages figures during the last 6 months. Also in my view instead mentioning your basic wages of £18270 your employer can mention the total of your last 6 months wages which can meet the income requirement through average approach.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 pm

pkm5 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam

February - £1286.90
March - £1312.87
April - £1321.87
May - £1380.81
June - £1394.22

Thanks in advance
You barely made it with above mentioned pay and make sure to apply within 28 days of your next pay. if your next pay is below 1390, you'll be in trouble on so many levels unless you get another bonus soon and get around 2000 pay. With expected 1390 next month, your average income is 18,614 for last 6 month (26 weeks).
Don't mention salary anywhere in the employer letter, no basic pay, no fixed pay, just mention wage rate and average yearly pay, previous year as well if it was over 18600 to make an impact on case worker. Average 6 month calculations would be in your form, not on employer letter.
Good Luck.

pkm5
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by pkm5 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Alam- wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 pm
pkm5 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam

February - £1286.90
March - £1312.87
April - £1321.87
May - £1380.81
June - £1394.22

Thanks in advance
You barely made it with above mentioned pay and make sure to apply within 28 days of your next pay. if your next pay is below 1390, you'll be in trouble on so many levels unless you get another bonus soon and get around 2000 pay. With expected 1390 next month, your average income is 18,614 for last 6 month (26 weeks).
Don't mention salary anywhere in the employer letter, no basic pay, no fixed pay, just mention wage rate and average yearly pay, previous year as well if it was over 18600 to make an impact on case worker. Average 6 month calculations would be in your form, not on employer letter.
Good Luck.

I know it's very tight so this is why I am worried plus the immigration solicitor I am speaking to does not seem to grasp the non salaried route that we are all aware of and is pushing towards the salaried route

So if I include the following payslips

February - £1286.90
March - £1312.87
April - £1321.87
May - £1380.81
June - £1394.22
June - £1390.00 (Projected Wage)

And a revised employee letter with the following changes

Hourly Rate: £8.75
Average Yearly Rate: £18270

And then the following calculation on the form

Gross earnings over 7 months = £10,027.48 divided by 28 weeks and multiplied by 52 weeks equals £18622

Do you think this would make the case work likely to accept the financial requirement?

pkm5
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by pkm5 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:23 pm

Spouse Visa was refused for the following reason

"In order to meet the financial requirements of the rules your sponsor needs a gross income of at least £18,600 per annum. You state in you Appendix 2 form that you are relying on Cat A and D in order to meet the financial requirement. From the evidence provided, your sponsor's gross income from his employment with _______ is £16.823.96 per annum. I note that you have stated that your sponsors income is above £18,600 on the appendix 2, but on investigation your sponsor was paid twice in the month of June, once on 01/06/2018 (May pay) and again on 29/06/2018. You gave also provided a payslip which appears to be undated, but we gather this to be related to the payment made into your sponsor's bank account on 04/05/2018. This particular payslip has been disregarded from calculations as this would cover 7 months of employment. Therefore, in order to qualify, you and your sponsor require £20.440.10 in savings in order to meet the financial requirements . You have provided evidence that your sponsor holds £18,000.39 in savings; however this is not sufficient to meet the financial requirements. I therefore refuse your application."

This is part of the letter that they were sent on advice of my Immigration Solicitor

8. I work full time for ________. My basic annual salary is £18 200. I do receive bonuses and commissions. Last year I received a bonus of £600.
9. In the last 6 months preceding this application I have earned the following amounts
Month Amount

October 2018 1381.07
September 1434.58
August 1434.59
July 1382.07
June 2779.67
May 1380.81
Total 9792.79

10. I also have savings in the sum of £18000.

So they have basically taken Mays payment away which means that they have used the following calculation £8411.98 x 2 = £16823.96 which requires cash savings of ££20.440.10

If they had even used half of Mays pay that would have brought a total of 9,102.40 x 2 = 18.204.77 which means that I only needed savings of £16988.01

I get paid 13 times in a year so it is only fair that they divide that by 2 which would have meant that they had used half of Mays wage as well as the other wage slips

They also say that one of the wage slips was undated but this was not the case, 6 of the wage slips had the date at the top of the the wage slip but the one from May has the date written in a different place and this is because after May my employer had changed the layout of the payslips but still the dates were written on all of the wage slips

Everything else on the application in their eyes was fine

I emailed my solicitor a copy of the refusal letter and told him the home office did not agree with his calculations so he sent me the following reply

"There are good grounds to challenge the decision. The ECO clearly misunderstood the financial position. You have three choices:
Appeal the decision, note appeals for entry clearance takes long time to be heard in court almost on average 12 months
Do a fresh application, this will obviously be more expensive than the appeal in that you have to pay the EC fees
Do both at the same time."

I am going to see a different Immigration Solicitor today as I need a second opinion before I make any decision

Cash savings could be increased but this would mean a further wait of 6 months due to the fact that they would need to be in my account for a six month period and then even if they still only take into account 6 wages slips then at least with the cash savings would mean that I would meet the requirement

The one thing I was worried about with the application which I went to seek legal help if the thing that has come back and bit me in the mule

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:51 pm

pkm5 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:23 pm

"In order to meet the financial requirements of the rules your sponsor needs a gross income of at least £18,600 per annum. You state in you Appendix 2 form that you are relying on Cat A and D in order to meet the financial requirement. From the evidence provided, your sponsor's gross income from his employment with _______ is £16.823.96 per annum. I note that you have stated that your sponsors income is above £18,600 on the appendix 2, but on investigation your sponsor was paid twice in the month of June, once on 01/06/2018 (May pay) and again on 29/06/2018. You gave also provided a payslip which appears to be undated, but we gather this to be related to the payment made into your sponsor's bank account on 04/05/2018. This particular payslip has been disregarded from calculations as this would cover 7 months of employment. Therefore, in order to qualify, you and your sponsor require £20.440.10 in savings in order to meet the financial requirements . You have provided evidence that your sponsor holds £18,000.39 in savings; however this is not sufficient to meet the financial requirements. I therefore refuse your application."

This is part of the letter that they were sent on advice of my Immigration Solicitor

8. I work full time for ________. My basic annual salary is £18 200. I do receive bonuses and commissions. Last year I received a bonus of £600.
9. In the last 6 months preceding this application I have earned the following amounts
Month Amount

October 2018 1381.07
September 1434.58
August 1434.59
July 1382.07
June 2779.67
May 1380.81
Total 9792.79

So they have basically taken Mays payment away which means that they have used the following calculation £8411.98 x 2 = £16823.96 which requires cash savings of ££20.440.10

If they had even used half of Mays pay that would have brought a total of 9,102.40 x 2 = 18.204.77 which means that I only needed savings of £16988.01

I get paid 13 times in a year so it is only fair that they divide that by 2 which would have meant that they had used half of Mays wage as well as the other wage slips

They also say that one of the wage slips was undated but this was not the case, 6 of the wage slips had the date at the top of the the wage slip but the one from May has the date written in a different place and this is because after May my employer had changed the layout of the payslips but still the dates were written on all of the wage slips

I emailed my solicitor a copy of the refusal letter and told him the home office did not agree with his calculations so he sent me the following reply

"There are good grounds to challenge the decision. The ECO clearly misunderstood the financial position. You have three choices:
Appeal the decision, note appeals for entry clearance takes long time to be heard in court almost on average 12 months
Do a fresh application, this will obviously be more expensive than the appeal in that you have to pay the EC fees

I am going to see a different Immigration Solicitor today as I need a second opinion before I make any decision

Cash savings could be increased but this would mean a further wait of 6 months due to the fact that they would need to be in my account for a six month period and then even if they still only take into account 6 wages slips then at least with the cash savings would mean that I would meet the requirement

The one thing I was worried about with the application which I went to seek legal help if the thing that has come back and bit me in the mule
I think the refusal is wrong because caseworker couldn't see that you are being paid 4 weekly instead monthly and due to that frequency of wages usually a person gets paid twice a month in 1-2 months a year. They just counted the payslips without actually checking their duration. Your earnings alone meet the requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pkm5
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by pkm5 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:54 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:51 pm
pkm5 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:23 pm

Month Amount

October 2018 1381.07
September 1434.58
August 1434.59
July 1382.07
June 2779.67
May 1380.81
Total 9792.79

I think the refusal is wrong because caseworker couldn't see that you are being paid 4 weekly instead monthly and due to that frequency of wages usually a person gets paid twice a month in 1-2 months a year. They just counted the payslips without actually checking their duration. Your earnings alone meet the requirement.

I couldn't agree more but now I really don't have trust in the Home Office to calculate it correctly so i AM going to reapply in April and this time send my P60 as evidence that I earned well above £18600 over the last 12 months.

pkm5
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by pkm5 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:03 am

Just a quick update for you guys,

My wife was issued her visa yesterday :D

We complained to the Home Office about their decision and they agreed to overturn it.

My advice to anyone who has received a refusal which they don't believe to be correct is to lodge a complaint as soon as possible because as we know the Home Office make mistakes all the time but it seems that they do look to rectify things if you complain.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri May 24, 2019 10:40 am

pkm5 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:03 am
Just a quick update for you guys,

My wife was issued her visa yesterday :D

We complained to the Home Office about their decision and they agreed to overturn it.

My advice to anyone who has received a refusal which they don't believe to be correct is to lodge a complaint as soon as possible because as we know the Home Office make mistakes all the time but it seems that they do look to rectify things if you complain.
Great 👍. That's why you were advised above that refusal is totally wrong because of above mentioned reason.