ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion regarding maintenance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mm123
India

Confusion regarding maintenance

Post by mm123 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:20 am

Dear all,
There is some confusion going on over my maintenance.
My employer agreed to give accomodation and has also mentioned this on my offer letter.
Now when I asked him that whether he has certified maintenance on my CoS application (as I wanted to proceed with my application) he got confused and instead he sent me another letter regarding maintenance and said this should suffice. I have been through previous posts on the forum and asked him to add a note in my CoS.
His reply is

'There is no way I can see to add this and within the application I do not recall a window asking about this. As a result I am hoping that the written declaration I sent you will suffice. It should do.'.

What should I do now?
Can I go ahead with the application and mark in application maintenance by employer.
Along with that I have few fixed deposits here in India. Can I show them as well.?
Please Help

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Confusion regarding maintenance

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:40 pm

Maintenance is certified by the employer on the CoS.

A Copy of the CoS and letter from employer certifying the same is what you need to provide. As you suggest he has already mentioned on your offer letter you can use that as the letter along with CoS if the last line under "Migrant's employment" on CoS i.e. "Tick to confirm the sponsor certifies maintenance for the migrant" should say "Y" and that means your employer has certified your maintenance, if it says "N" its not.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:38 pm

No, it's a tick box and easy to miss -it's not a 'yes' or 'no' question. You can have your manager email or call the home office and verify? Or try and send both with an explanation?

mm123
India

Post by mm123 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Thank you sooo much for your reply.
I have been given CoS number as he said it should suffice. But i have I previous copy of CoS where he asked me to check the details and trust me( please) there is no such line, i have checked n number of times, hence the confusion. My employer is like I have given you everything I have , plus the maintenance letter so that should suffice.
So now while filling up my application can I tick maintenance by employer and produce Accomodation plus maintenance letter provided by him.
Also can I place my Indian FDs to support my application just to be double sure.
Please advice on this.
I am so tensed.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:56 pm

There *is* a place for the employer to verify the maintenance funds. It's just not obvious. A moderator might be better to help advise you on providing double information, I'm not sure.

mm123
India

Post by mm123 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:06 pm

I know it should be there. But I have seen it myself. Last line was about GDC details. And then the submit icon.
I am desperately waiting for replies.

mm123
India

Post by mm123 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:47 am

Please advice.
I am planning to fill up the application today.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:42 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-guide-8a

Check the above and discuss with your employer, hope it helps.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

mm123
India

Post by mm123 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:07 pm

dontringthebell wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:42 am
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-guide-8a

Check the above and discuss with your employer, hope it helps.
Thank you so much for this. Will make sure i speak to him. My recent doubt being if i fill up the application and book an appointment tomorrow. And my sponsor note is added later like on monday because he wont be available before that. Will it be fine? And i met a visa consultant who advised that i can add my name in my mum's account as a joint holder and get a affidavit done, just to be on a safer side. Whats ur take on this

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Maintenance from sponsor has to be certified by sponsor. If you use funds from mother etc that won't count as the same. Above a you need to be sure whether you are claiming points on your own basis or your sponsor is certifying your maintenance.

I have you the link with document which tells you exactly where for respective T2 applications sponsor certifies maintenance. As per your condition you may discuss with your employer in order for them to check where exactly they are required to certify.

mm123
India

Post by mm123 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:25 pm

Thank you so much for your help. I ll definitely speak to my employer. But during this can i fill up the form and book an appointment?

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:20 pm

mm123 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:25 pm
Thank you so much for your help. I ll definitely speak to my employer. But during this can i fill up the form and book an appointment?
As far as I know, when case officer starts checking your application (post your biometrics), he will see if on the CoS is maintenance ticked Y or N. If it is N, then he check if you have 900+ GBP in your bank statement for last 3 months (you must supply a bank statement for this)

If neither of that is satisfied, then your application is missing a requirement!!

mm123
India

Post by mm123 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Thank you Ashish.
I have left it to God now. My application doesnt have that line as far as i know. ( i know it is hard to believe or my employer just missed that point)
I ll fill up the application tomorrow , book an appointment and ask my employer to add the note or mail HO on monday.
Also will join my Mum's account and provide bank details and an affidavit.
This is all I can do. Cant handle this stress anymore.
Wish me luck.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:36 pm

mm123 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:57 pm
Thank you Ashish.
I have left it to God now. My application doesnt have that line as far as i know. ( i know it is hard to believe or my employer just missed that point)
I ll fill up the application tomorrow , book an appointment and ask my employer to add the note or mail HO on monday.
Also will join my Mum's account and provide bank details and an affidavit.
This is all I can do. Cant handle this stress anymore.
Wish me luck.
I wish u all good luck.
It should be alright, dont worry at all.
If Case Officer need additional information - he/she will get back to you and give you sufficient time (i think 10 days) to respond. So there may be a bit of delay however nothing will go bad - dont worry!

mm123
India

Post by mm123 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:39 am

Thank you

zcftcjy
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by zcftcjy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:37 am

mm123 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:39 am
Thank you
Hi there - I got the exact same problem right now. What's the outcome for you at the end? Did you successfully get the visa with the your employer's written declaration?

Thanks a lot!