ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETTLEMENT VISA BUT FORM SU FILLED

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sahoong
Newly Registered

SETTLEMENT VISA BUT FORM SU FILLED

Post by sahoong » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:31 pm

Sir/Madam,

Could someone clarify my children's status for me, please? Not really status but whether they can claim benefit or not. When I applied for settlement for them from outside the UK, I filled a Sponsorship Undertaking (SU) form that I will accommodate and support them. They have issued them indefinite leave to enter under settlement category. One is 12 years and the other one is 18 years. Can I collect child benefit for the 12 years old one? What I understand is that with settlement, there is no restriction has the SU form that I filled removed this rights?

Also, when can I apply for naturalisation for them? Is it one year like like ILR or they may have to wait longer?

Also, naturatlisation is for someone over 18, how will my 12 year old apply for naturalisation after spending one year on Indefinite leave to enter assuming the requirement is one year?

Kindly, clarify these for me.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sahoong