ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document checklist for newborn baby's 1st Irish passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adublin
Ireland

Document checklist for newborn baby's 1st Irish passport

Post by adublin » Sat May 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Hello board,

I'm looking for clear info on this topic plz. I'm naturalised Irish citizen since 2016. My spouse is stamp 4 holder. We got a babyboy on March 2018 born in Dublin 1. I got his birth cert already. We like to apply for his Irish passport now. On Dfa website it says-
If your child has a parent who is an Irish citizen or is entitled to be an Irish citizen, include these documents with their passport application:

Photos
Four passport photographs, two of which must be witnessed.

Birth certificate
Your child’s long-form birth certificate.

Proof of parent’s Irish citizenship
The long-form birth certificate or Irish passport of that parent, issued before the child’s birth.

My confusion is should I send my original Irish Passport as proof of my Irish Citizenship?

anyone who went through similar situation or who knows about it plz reply. God bless.
India

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Document checklist for newborn baby's 1st Irish passport

Post by zepman » Mon May 21, 2018 4:20 pm

adublin wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Hello board,

I'm looking for clear info on this topic plz. I'm naturalised Irish citizen since 2016. My spouse is stamp 4 holder. We got a babyboy on March 2018 born in Dublin 1. I got his birth cert already. We like to apply for his Irish passport now. On Dfa website it says-
If your child has a parent who is an Irish citizen or is entitled to be an Irish citizen, include these documents with their passport application:

Photos

Birth certificate

The long-form birth certificate or Irish passport of that parent, issued before the child’s birth.

My confusion is should I send my original Irish Passport as proof of my Irish Citizenship?

anyone who went through similar situation or who knows about it plz reply. God bless.

Yes, you will need to send your original Irish passport with the application. Your scenario is the same as ours (I am a naturalised citizen, my spouse is on Stamp 4, and we had a baby in February). We applied for the baby's passport last, and I sent my original passport as part of the application.

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 pm

adublin wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Hello board,

Photos

Birth certificate

Yes, you will need to send your original Irish passport with the application. Your scenario is the same as ours - I am a naturalised citizen, my spouse is on Stamp 4, and we had a baby in February. We applied for the baby's passport last month, and I sent my original passport as part of the application.

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Tue May 22, 2018 8:44 pm

Thanks a million @zepman

I've sent passport express today with my original passport as well.

In post office they said it'll take 15 working days to get it done but in DFA.ie website it shows new application turnaround time 34 days!

How long it took in your case bro?

God bless.
India

Bettyob
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Bettyob » Thu May 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi,

I recently did this and I'm still waiting for my baby's passport. It's been over the 34 day recommended timeline. It's been about 45 days so far and still counting.

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Mon May 28, 2018 2:43 pm

adublin wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:44 pm
Thanks a million @zepman

I've sent passport express today with my original passport as well.

In post office they said it'll take 15 working days to get it done but in DFA.ie website it shows new application turnaround time 34 days!

How long it took in your case bro?

God bless.
I don't know, as it's still being processed. :mrgreen:

It's been 30 working days today since they received the application. Based on Bettyob's post above, I expect to be waiting longer. The person you spoke with at the post office must have thinking about renewal applications. :lol:

I had sent them a message on Twitter last week asking for a status update, but was told that they do not provide updates through social media any more (they used to do so last year when I had asked them about my own passport application). So I sent them an Email Query 5 days ago. No response yet.

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Mon May 28, 2018 10:03 pm

@Bettyob and @zepman,

Can we not check status update online?

There should be an estimated date or something.

omg over 1 month for issuing a baby passport thats way too long! comeon!

Fingers crossed for all of us waiting.

God bless.
India

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Tue May 29, 2018 9:32 am

adublin wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:03 pm
@Bettyob and @zepman,

Can we not check status update online?

There should be an estimated date or something.

omg over 1 month for issuing a baby passport thats way too long! comeon!

Fingers crossed for all of us waiting.

God bless.
Sure, you can check the status here - https://passporttracking.dfa.ie/PassportTracking/.
But it's not really informative - it simply says "Processing Application" for my application at the moment.
(To be fair though, that's probably as informative as it can practically get.)

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Thu May 31, 2018 8:44 pm

omg!

thats shocking.

they should speed-up the process.

Hope we all get sorted soon.

God bless.
India

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:03 pm

adublin wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 8:44 pm
omg!

thats shocking.

they should speed-up the process.

Hope we all get sorted soon.

God bless.
They seem to be swamped with applications these days. From their Twitter page, it looks like lots of folks are waiting for well over a month (for first-time applications). Anyway, there seems to be some movement finally with our application as my wife got a call from a lady at the Passport Office today who said that the application is now with her for approval.
She confirmed my wife's consent to the issue of the passport. She also said that it should be approved either today or tomorrow and we should get the passport this week. :)

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:51 pm

@zepman,

oh thats great news. By the way why they called your wife for approval, its done on the form already no?

So, how many days you actually waited for?

regards.
India

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:38 am

adublin wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:51 pm
@zepman,

oh thats great news. By the way why they called your wife for approval, its done on the form already no?

regards.
Yes, she completed the consent section of the form along with me, with the same Garda acting as the witness. They obviously saw the section since that's where they'd have got her mobile number from, so don't know why they had to call and get the consent again. It doesn't matter though since she wasn't asked to submit any document and in fact, getting the call indicated that the application was moving forward.

It took 38 working days. The application was received on April 16th and we received the passport this morning. :)

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:56 pm

zepman wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:38 am
adublin wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:51 pm
@zepman,

regards.
Yes, she completed the consent section of the form along with me, with the same Garda acting as the witness. They obviously saw the section since that's where they'd have got her mobile number from, so don't know why they had to call and get the consent again. It doesn't matter though since she wasn't asked to submit any document and in fact, getting the call indicated that the application was moving forward.

It took 38 working days. The application was received on April 16th and we received the passport this morning. :)
Oh great, Congratulations!

Hope everything will go right with everyone else still waiting.

God bless.
India

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:02 am

Great news all,

My baby boy's Irish Passport arrived today.

The journey has ended.

Thanks to everyone on this post and of course God Almighty.

Cheers :)
India