ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New born baby Tier 2 dependant visa without a passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dewdrops1420

New born baby Tier 2 dependant visa without a passport

Post by dewdrops1420 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi,

I have filled the visa application form without getting a passport for my new-born baby.
They are asking just birth certificate and photos.
My doubt is do we need to submit original passport and brp cards of both parents.

I'm planning to apply passport for my baby as well where I need to show parents passports.
In that case,I cannot do both these processes simultaneously.

Could you help me with the query .

Thanks,
Dewdrops

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: New born baby Tier 2 dependant visa without a passport

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:21 am

I hope you are aware as long as you are not required to travel in and out of UK there is no need to apply for a indian passport and get a visa stamped, you may save a lot of money and hassle that way.

In case you do wish to travel get an indian passport first and then you may apply for T2 D visa in India. I did this and saved money. In case you dont have to travel until getting an ILR you may directly register child as British Citizen.

Just a perspective.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:35 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
My issue is I need to travel to India in August.But if I follow the process in the order of taking passport first and then visa,I might end up taking priority service which is expensive.
So got this option from this forum to take visa and passport simultaneously which can save time and money.

When I checked UKVI site also,its written just birth certificate is required.The visa application form could be submitted by mentioning that passport is not there and reason has been printed automatically by the site itself that the child was born in UK.I contacted few other areas and they all are confirming that it could be possible as no where it's written baby's passport is required.
Logically,Visa is required to stay in this country and passport(travel document) is required to go out of country.So both are independent.

If I take visa from India,I need to take my baby to another city which is quite difficult as she will be only 3 months during that time.

Thanks,
Dewdrops

sufyansheikh
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sufyansheikh » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:33 pm

HI My querry is very much related to your querry and i think you would have already have the answer to it as you are applying for your child's visa. I am a tier 2 migrant and a baby was born to us recently , now i am going to switch my tier 2 sponsor and hence planning to apply for my son's visa as well.
MY QUESTION HERE is do we need to meet maintenance requirement i.e. adequate funds in bank account for 3 months for my son and for myself?

Any information will be really helpful

Thanks

fredo182
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by fredo182 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Hello dewdrops,

What form did you filled to apply for visa for your baby. And what are the requirement. Many thanks.

Fredo

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:31 pm

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:35 am
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
My issue is I need to travel to India in August.But if I follow the process in the order of taking passport first and then visa,I might end up taking priority service which is expensive.
So got this option from this forum to take visa and passport simultaneously which can save time and money.

When I checked UKVI site also,its written just birth certificate is required.The visa application form could be submitted by mentioning that passport is not there and reason has been printed automatically by the site itself that the child was born in UK.I contacted few other areas and they all are confirming that it could be possible as no where it's written baby's passport is required.
Logically,Visa is required to stay in this country and passport(travel document) is required to go out of country.So both are independent.

If I take visa from India,I need to take my baby to another city which is quite difficult as she will be only 3 months during that time.

Thanks,
Dewdrops
Just to update any new members looking for an answer to the above query.

I could successfully apply for visa from UK without getting baby's passport.
Please refer other-countries/uk-born-indian-passport ... 10-60.html
for the whole process

Thanks,
Dewdrops