ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Extension 10-year route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gratiaDei777
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa Extension 10-year route

Post by gratiaDei777 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:24 pm

Can I just go down the 10-year route if I feel like it?

Or are there certain criteria the spouse has to meet?

Thanks

Casa

Re: UK Spouse Visa Extension 10-year route

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:20 am

gratiaDei777 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:24 pm
Can I just go down the 10-year route if I feel like it?

Or are there certain criteria the spouse has to meet?

Thanks
do

Not simply if 'you feel like it' :!: Do you qualify for the 10 year route under FLR(FP)? Why are you unable to meet the requirements for the 5 year spouse route?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gratiaDei777
Newly Registered

Post by gratiaDei777 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:36 am

I don't know about the FLR(FP) (wish there was a webpage explaining it simply - still searching for such a page).

I'm wondering because I'm worried I may not be able to meet the financial requirement.

We're due to have a baby in October who'll be a UK citizen, but the baby won't have been living in the UK for 7 years, which seems to be a requirement for one way into the 10-year route.

So it seems, unless there's exceptional circumstances, I'm just going to have to try hard to meet the financial requirement or else my spouse will be refused her visa (unless the Labour party get into power and scrap the financial requirement)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 am

We're due to have a baby in October who'll be a UK citizen, but the baby won't have been living in the UK for 7 years, which seems to be a requirement for one way into the 10-year route.
You are mistaken. FLR(FP) 10 year partner route is for when you DO NOT meet the financial requirement for FLR(M). She would NOT be applying for FLR(FP) PARENT route. The '7 years' issues is also NOT relevant to British children, it is for parents and children applying for leave to remain when a non British child has lived in the UK for 7 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gratiaDei777
Newly Registered

Post by gratiaDei777 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:26 am

Thank you for the info!

So, to clarify, if we cannot meet the financial requirement, we can go the 10-year route(without any exceptional circumstance)?