ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium service problem (FLR- M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anagrunciman
Newly Registered
Mexico

Premium service problem (FLR- M)

Post by anagrunciman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:46 am

Hi,

So I entered the UK with my fiancée visa which expires on the 20th of June.
The reason why my husband and I waited to submit the extension to spouse visa application, was because on the UK's immigration website said that you can only apply 28 days before your current visa expires. Therefore, we waited until then to make the application.
When paying for the service, we suddenly decided it would be more worth it to pay for the Premium service, so we did and tried to book an appointment. The only one that we found was at Sheffield on the 16th of July - which is already after my current visa's expiration- but without knowing you had to have an appointment before your current visa expires or the application could be denied.
We booked it and immediately received an email saying our appointment was booked and another email saying we had taken too long and that we had to rebook an appointment. When clicking on the link, it directed us to the part where you have to choose the Premium service centre, and won't let us go any further. So we tried to rebook and no centre has an appointment before the 20th of June, which would be our last day.
However, we are trying to rebook something that would work for us, cause the appointment slots keep changing very fast.
Is it OK to try to get a new slot and for how long should we keep trying? and, in case we couldn't get one before the 20th, could we send our documents via post and still get a valid application? If we had no option but to do it via post, is it possible to get a refund for the extra 600.00 GBP we paid for the Premium Sevice?

Any previous experience or advice would be very much appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Premium service problem (FLR- M)

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:20 pm

You must apply before your visa expires. You should cancel your appointment if you still have one and request a refund of your fee paid.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment
was because on the UK's immigration website said that you can only apply 28 days before your current visa expires. Therefore, we waited until then to make the application.
This is not relevant to fiance visas switching to FLR(M) spouse visa. It is relevant to existing spouse visa extensions. You could have switched as soon as you were married.

If you apply by post, you will have to complete the payment page and pay again.

Don't forget to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge of £500 as well.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Janedoe35
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Janedoe35 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:01 pm

anagrunciman wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:46 am
Hi,

The reason why my husband and I waited to submit the extension to spouse visa application, was because on the UK's immigration website said that you can only apply 28 days before your current visa expires. Therefore, we waited until then to make the application.
When paying for the service, we suddenly decided it would be more worth it to pay for the Premium service, so we did and tried to book an appointment. The only one that we found was at Sheffield on the 16th of July - which is already after my current visa's expiration- but without knowing you had to have an appointment before your current visa expires or the application could be denied.
We booked it and immediately received an email saying our appointment was booked and another email saying we had taken too long and that we had to rebook an appointment. When clicking on the link, it directed us to the part where you have to choose the Premium service centre, and won't let us go any further. So we tried to rebook and no centre has an appointment before the 20th of June, which would be our last day.
However, we are trying to rebook something that would work for us, cause the appointment slots keep changing very fast.
Is it OK to try to get a new slot and for how long should we keep trying? and, in case we couldn't get one before the 20th, could we send our documents via post and still get a valid application? If we had no option but to do it via post, is it possible to get a refund for the extra 600.00 GBP we paid for the Premium Sevice?

Keep checking online. We managed to get a premium service appointment on Monday for Thursday the same week, but you may have to go further afield. Good luck!

anagrunciman
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by anagrunciman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:52 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:20 pm
You must apply before your visa expires. You should cancel your appointment if you still have one and request a refund of your fee paid.

was because on the UK's immigration website said that you can only apply 28 days before your current visa expires. Therefore, we waited until then to make the application.
This is not relevant to fiance visas switching to FLR(M) spouse visa. It is relevant to existing spouse visa extensions. You could have switched as soon as you were married.

Thanks for your response.
So, how can I cancel my current appointment? Because I can't find anywhere to cancel on the online booking.
Can I start a new application online without having cancelled my current one? Do you know what are the chances to get refunded for the 1643.00 GBP when cancelling? It is a lot of money and we don't have to just lose it.
Would I need to pay for the Immigration Health Surcharge again even though we already paid for it? Couldn't I just use the same reference number?.
Thanks again!

anagrunciman
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by anagrunciman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 am

Janedoe35 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:01 pm
anagrunciman wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:46 am
Hi,

Keep checking online. We managed to get a premium service appointment on Monday for Thursday the same week, but you may have to go further afield. Good luck!
Thanks! I'm really stressed and fearful, we've been looking for appointments since Wednesday and nothing has come up yet. We're running out of time but will try to get one before it's too late. Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:20 am

anagrunciman wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:52 am
CR001 wrote:

So, how can I cancel my current appointment? Because I can't find anywhere to cancel on the online booking.
Can I start a new application online without having cancelled my current one? Do you know what are the chances to get refunded for the 1643.00 GBP when cancelling? It is a lot of money and we don't have to just lose it.
Would I need to pay for the Immigration Health Surcharge again even though we already paid for it? Couldn't I just use the same reference number?.
Thanks again!
Have you clicked on the link I have provided??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anagrunciman
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by anagrunciman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:20 am
anagrunciman wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:52 am
CR001 wrote:

Thanks again!
Have you clicked on the link I have provided??
Yes, but it explains the withdrawing process by filling up a form, which specifically says when you have sent your documents so you could have them back.

Moreover, as a quick update, I just received a call from the Home Office, saying that even though the appointment will take place after my current visa expires, as I made the application online in the proper time, my application will still be valid and there should be no problem. If this is true - which I want to believe it is- I'll be fine with my current application.

ILRapplicant2018
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by ILRapplicant2018 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:48 am

Hi,
Is the appointment web service down at the moment. I am attempting to change my appointment date but what keeps popping up is the page that say "page cannot be displayed"

Is this a regular issue ? Normally it would show dates and time slots for appointments or it would say no slots for the next 45 business days available. I've been trying for the past day and it just says:

"Page cannot be displayed
There is a problem displaying this page - try again in a few minutes.

The problem should be fixed soon, so try again in a few moments"

Would really appreciate it if anyone knows what's going on with the website.

Best,
2018ILRapplicant

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Posters on another forum are posting similar problems with the site. Hopefully it will be fixed soon but as it is weekend, you may have to wait until a Monday.