ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

200K investment question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

johnsonlll
Newly Registered
China

200K investment question

Post by johnsonlll » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi all,

I have a question regarding 200K investment.

I have 200K in my uk personal account and will transfer to my business account once it is opened.

However, let’s say I will need to spend 50K out of 200K buying a exiting business in the first 6 month.

I know this 50K isn’t count as investment. What if, in year 2 or year 3, I transfer another 50K to my UK personal account from overseas, then transfer from my personal account to my business account.

Will I qualify for 200K investment at the extension?

Thanks to anyone’s opinion

Regards

marcnath

Re: 200K investment question

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Yes
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

johnsonlll
Newly Registered
China

Post by johnsonlll » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi Marcnath,

Thanks for your reply, as in the beginning, i was thinking of leasing a empty premise, but now suddenly found a premise in a better location but comes with premium(goodwill/fittings), so have to have extra £50K.

So say in year 2, it does not matter whether the extra £50K top up comes from overseas in the time of year 2, or this extra 50K has to be in uk from the beginning & I have access of all the time during 3 years.

Approciate any common :)

Regards

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:30 pm

johnsonlll wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:01 pm
Hi Marcnath,

Thanks for your reply, as in the beginning, i was thinking of leasing a empty premise, but now suddenly found a premise in a better location but comes with premium(goodwill/fittings), so have to have extra £50K.

So say in year 2, it does not matter whether the extra £50K top up comes from overseas in the time of year 2, or this extra 50K has to be in uk from the beginning & I have access of all the time during 3 years.

Approciate any common :)

Regards
You need to have access to 200K until it is invested or spent for the business. Does not matter whether it was overseas or in UK, but if asked you should be able to show that you maintained access to 200K (excluding the amount for goodwill, etc)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

johnsonlll
Newly Registered
China

Post by johnsonlll » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:37 am

Thank you Marcnath,

It is a relief as premium fee was never planned in the beginning.

So my understanding of timing on investment is that:

Year 1: spend 50K from £200K on goodwills etc. which left me £150 in UK business account, and I do not have to have all £250K in the uk at the beginning.

So Year 2: the £50 can be transferred from my family overseas to my UK personal —-> business account in order to cover the £50K goodwills spent in year 1

Thank you very much :)

Tier 1 isn’t complicated when read through the guidance, but after reading lots questions asked in the forum makes me release I have missed many details from the guide & some issues I may/will have...this forum is great

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 am

johnsonlll wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:37 am
Thank you Marcnath,

It is a relief as premium fee was never planned in the beginning.

So my understanding of timing on investment is that:

Year 1: spend 50K from £200K on goodwills etc. which left me £150 in UK business account, and I do not have to have all £250K in the uk at the beginning.

So Year 2: the £50 can be transferred from my family overseas to my UK personal —-> business account in order to cover the £50K goodwills spent in year 1

Thank you very much :)

Tier 1 isn’t complicated when read through the guidance, but after reading lots questions asked in the forum makes me release I have missed many details from the guide & some issues I may/will have...this forum is great
If your business is only buying the lease, not another business, I can't see why that needs to be excluded from tbe investment, even if it includes goodwill

johnsonlll
Newly Registered
China

Post by johnsonlll » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Thank you Marcnath,

Great advice, I think what I will be buying is classified as business, but I do not want to use the same name and it will be my office registered location. (Because of good location I think I am forced to buy the business). I’m afraid to walk on the edge of the policy.

Thank you again :)

Best regards