ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any benefit in Preparation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

penguin2018
Newly Registered
India

Any benefit in Preparation

Post by penguin2018 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi All,

We moved to the UK 2 years back from India, on a 5 year T2 General visa with wife and kid. If I manage to stay 5 years I can apply for ILR however, my constant stress is the scenario where my company asks me to leave. This is not likely but today's corporate world is always unpredictable

I wanted to know if there is any way we can prepare to avoid this (apart from not getting fired) e.g. Is there another visa we could potentially move to if we prepare from now OR are there any jobs my wife can try for so that I can move on her sponsorship.

I can sustain myself for a year without a job, if thats useful. I know this is open ended question but I guess this is similar to many other people here

Thanks

4uvak

Re: Any benefit in Preparation

Post by 4uvak » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Tier 1? But once you change the type of visa, you would need to go for another 5 years in the new visa category or live for 10 years lawfully in the UK combining all types of visa you had.

penguin2018
Newly Registered
India

Re: Any benefit in Preparation

Post by penguin2018 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:23 pm

I guess thats going to be hard then, and there seems to be nothing I can do? I will check on T1 visa but not sure how that could work