ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canadian Citizen Married to USA Citizen, Returning to USA Questions

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

EsmeGraham
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Canadian Citizen Married to USA Citizen, Returning to USA Questions

Post by EsmeGraham » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:40 am

Well here is my story: I went to the USA in September, 2016 I traveled by land I told the USA Border I was going to a friends wedding which i attended I then went to meet a boyfriend I had been seeing online for quite sometime feel in love with him talked to a lawyer asking if I could get married as a Visitor as I didn't enter with anything other then my Canadian Passport, Birth Certificate and ID they told me yes

We got married at 5 months ....1 month before my 6 months ran out I went back to the same lawyer asking If I could stay in the USA while we worked on my Immagration and was told that I could cause I was known as an "Immedate Realtive" to a USA Citizen by marriage

I got news that my dad got Cancer and went back to Canada by land I have now been back in Canada almost a week and checked the I-94 website for the Arrival & Depature Record and the only thing that appears is the "Arrival" record nothing about a Depature Record

So I was wondering if my husband would need to apply for the waiver that costs $940.00 that isn't garanteed to get approved or if I would be able to go back to the USA since there is no depature record?