ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

baba27
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by baba27 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:48 am

redsky13 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:40 pm
baba27 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:34 am
I think if they see any kind of merit in the case they make them wait otherwise they send refusal within 5 to 6 months but we just saw recently few people's in this forum waited more than 15 months then got refusal but still they got in country right of appeal which is quite big thing nowadays so we are still lucky in some sense that we have a chance to regularise ourselves in this country and enjoy our family life that's what we choose to do in our life.i know the "wait" is very hard but we will go through with this sooner or later.
Well . I think waiting time means nothing . do you know what " merit in the case " for flr fp applications mean ? On my point of view anyone applying on human right basses has a merit . Can you explain what do you mean with " merit in case " please ?
Merit in the case means as we all know there are so many peoples who put their flrfp application just to gain the time whether it's their long residancy and few months short or just to put anything in form of flrfp even they don't have any ties inside united Kingdom but having said that there are so many applicants who have genuine relationships,they have families kids etc or same sex couples who are really gonna suffer if they go back to each other countries.so all these applicants have real merit in their flrfp application whereas those who just buy a time in the name of human rights and make a big backlog for genuine applicants and then home office put everyone in the same basket.

Liquidity
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Liquidity » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:29 am

baba27 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:48 am
redsky13 wrote:
baba27 wrote:
I think if they see any kind of merit in the case they make them wait otherwise they send refusal within 5 to 6 months but we just saw recently few people's in this forum waited more than 15 months then got refusal but still they got in country right of appeal which is quite big thing nowadays so we are still lucky in some sense that we have a chance to regularise ourselves in this country and enjoy our family life that's what we choose to do in our life.i know the "wait" is very hard but we will go through with this sooner or later.
Well . I think waiting time means nothing . do you know what " merit in the case " for flr fp applications mean ? On my point of view anyone applying on human right basses has a merit . Can you explain what do you mean with " merit in case " please ?
Merit in the case means as we all know there are so many peoples who put their flrfp application just to gain the time whether it's their long residancy and few months short or just to put anything in form of flrfp even they don't have any ties inside united Kingdom but having said that there are so many applicants who have genuine relationships,they have families kids etc or same sex couples who are really gonna suffer if they go back to each other countries.so all these applicants have real merit in their flrfp application whereas those who just buy a time in the name of human rights and make a big backlog for genuine applicants and then home office put everyone in the same basket.
Hi everyone, I received my 30 months leave today, after a long waitting of 14 months gloooooooory to Jesus

Mrozzy124
Anguilla

Post by Mrozzy124 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:42 am

Liquidity wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:29 am
baba27 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:48 am
redsky13 wrote:
baba27 wrote:
Hi everyone, I received my 30 months leave today, after a long waitting of 14 months gloooooooory to Jesus
Congratulations!

We need to go to court unfortunately. Lets hope its a positive outcome
Clinique et pharmacie .......com un redressement rapide

Liquidity
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Liquidity » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:26 pm

It would be a positive, don't lose hope, Jesus will fight and you shall win in Jesus name

Janedoe35
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Janedoe35 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:18 pm

I have gained invaluable information on this forum and thought this success story might give someone hope:

Today my husband's FLR FP partner route was approved at a premium service appointment

his last application for leave to remain was refused in Jan 2018 after his previous marriage broke down and his wife denied access to their baby. Even with a court order the home office denied because his ex-wife took him through hoops in the court system when he applied for an enforcement of the contact order. she even lied about violence to acheive a temporary restraining order without him being present but it was later denied an extension by the family court judge who said there was no justification for it.

I have to be honest and say that it felt like the home office and later on appeal judge sided with her as their citizen. they refused to acknowledge the timeline of events that took place and instead emphasized the temporary non-molestation order that she obtained - she only filed for a restraining order a few days after my husband filed for a divorce and the enforcement of the contact order that she breached in 2016

my husband represented himself at the FTT and I was his witness - the appeal judge told us that he could not consider our recent marriage because the home office argued that our marriage was new information and that his FLR FP application was considered as a parent and not as a spouse because we were only living together for 2-3 months in 2016 when the application was first lodged.

that being said, the home office was aware of our relationship in the 2016 application because all the documents at that time were in our shared address and I provided him with a letter of financial support including payslips, p60s and bank statements - the letter also included our intent to marry after his divorce was final

the judge said that he could only consider my husband's appeal as a parent and not as a partner. i knew this to be an error in law but could say nothing in the hearing because i was not allowed. of course his appeal was dismissed because they did not accept he had a relationship with his now almost 3 year old son. How can he build a relationship if the mother breached a court ordered contact order and then files a restraining order? after being in court for almost 2.5 years consecutively fighting tooth and nail for his right to be a part of his son's life - he eventually gave up.

I think what frustrated me the most was the fact that the judge lied in his dismissal document! After telling us in court that he could not consider our marriage he then went on to say in writing that he asked home office for permission to consider our marriage to which they said yes but he decided our marriage was neither genuine nor subsisting! it went on for pages for his bogus reasoning but in the end we know what he said in the FTT hearing and what he wrote in his decision after were completely different things.

All the same we thank God that we were able to get a premium service appointment in less than 1 week of receiving the appeal dismissal and the home office have now accepted our marriage as legit because he was granted 2.5 years on FLR FP Partner 10 year route

I hadn't planned on typing all this but I just wanted to encourage anyone else out there in a similar situation that it is possible (please include faith and prayer)

his timeline as follows:

tier 5 migrant leave expired 28/02/2014
applied FLR FP (ex-wife) 27/02/2014 (did not meet financial requirement)
refusal 24/5/2014
appeal rights exhausted 31/7/2015 - he separated from his ex-wife in Oct 14
child born 28/6/2015

FLR fp parent route applied 15/2/2016
we started living together Mar 2016
flr fp returned as invalid 28/6/16- solicitor used an old form (fee was refunded) - resubmitted 1/7/16 (did it ourselves)
refusal rec'd January 2018
new marriage January 2018 (HO did not contest marriage)
appeal dismissal letter FTT 29/5/2018

FLR FP granted partner route premium service appointment 05/06/18

I really hope this helps someone that it can be done!
I'm thinking of speaking to a lawyer about the ftt's judge dishonesty

ps - we did not use any solicitors

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:20 am

Janedoe35 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:18 pm
I have gained invaluable information on this forum and thought this success story might give someone hope:

Today my husband's FLR FP partner route was approved at a premium service appointment

his last application for leave to remain was refused in Jan 2018 after his previous marriage broke down and his wife denied access to their baby. Even with a court order the home office denied because his ex-wife took him through hoops in the court system when he applied for an enforcement of the contact order. she even lied about violence to acheive a temporary restraining order without him being present but it was later denied an extension by the family court judge who said there was no justification for it.

I have to be honest and say that it felt like the home office and later on appeal judge sided with her as their citizen. they refused to acknowledge the timeline of events that took place and instead emphasized the temporary non-molestation order that she obtained - she only filed for a restraining order a few days after my husband filed for a divorce and the enforcement of the contact order that she breached in 2016

my husband represented himself at the FTT and I was his witness - the appeal judge told us that he could not consider our recent marriage because the home office argued that our marriage was new information and that his FLR FP application was considered as a parent and not as a spouse because we were only living together for 2-3 months in 2016 when the application was first lodged.

that being said, the home office was aware of our relationship in the 2016 application because all the documents at that time were in our shared address and I provided him with a letter of financial support including payslips, p60s and bank statements - the letter also included our intent to marry after his divorce was final

the judge said that he could only consider my husband's appeal as a parent and not as a partner. i knew this to be an error in law but could say nothing in the hearing because i was not allowed. of course his appeal was dismissed because they did not accept he had a relationship with his now almost 3 year old son. How can he build a relationship if the mother breached a court ordered contact order and then files a restraining order? after being in court for almost 2.5 years consecutively fighting tooth and nail for his right to be a part of his son's life - he eventually gave up.

I think what frustrated me the most was the fact that the judge lied in his dismissal document! After telling us in court that he could not consider our marriage he then went on to say in writing that he asked home office for permission to consider our marriage to which they said yes but he decided our marriage was neither genuine nor subsisting! it went on for pages for his bogus reasoning but in the end we know what he said in the FTT hearing and what he wrote in his decision after were completely different things.

All the same we thank God that we were able to get a premium service appointment in less than 1 week of receiving the appeal dismissal and the home office have now accepted our marriage as legit because he was granted 2.5 years on FLR FP Partner 10 year route

I hadn't planned on typing all this but I just wanted to encourage anyone else out there in a similar situation that it is possible (please include faith and prayer)

his timeline as follows:

refusal 24/5/2014
child born 28/6/2015

flr fp returned as invalid 28/6/16- solicitor used an old form (fee was refunded) - resubmitted 1/7/16 (did it ourselves)

That's fantastic news. I am so very pleased that you have had success.

Despite being married up to 1.5 years now legally to my husband my solicitor is advising against a premium appointment to get his visa sorted out. We have a JR outstanding (waiting permission) and if this is dismissed by the FTT will be applying premium like you no matter what!

I strongly believe as he does have a child involved in his life as well as your legal marriage it adds weight to your case.

Congratulations once again! Live freely

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Janedoe35
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Janedoe35 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:36 am

bathanza wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:20 am
Janedoe35 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:18 pm

his timeline as follows:

refusal 24/5/2014
child born 28/6/2015

That's fantastic news. I am so very pleased that you have had success.

Despite being married up to 1.5 years now legally to my husband my solicitor is advising against a premium appointment to get his visa sorted out. We have a JR outstanding (waiting permission) and if this is dismissed by the FTT will be applying premium like you no matter what!

I strongly believe as he does have a child involved in his life as well as your legal marriage it adds weight to your case.

Congratulations once again! Live freely
Thanks Bathanza. Sometimes you just have to take the plunge (premium service) and go in faith. It will all work out in the end. We thank God for everything 😊

mister123

Post by mister123 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:50 pm

Amelia4784 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:24 pm
mister123 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:10 pm
Amelia4784 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:19 am
mister123 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi Amelia, my application was refused as well almost same reasons as yours. Anyways, did you already receive hearing date for your appeal?thanks
Hi mister123 so sorry to read about your refusal but don’t give up the journey just extends a bit further, yes I lodged the appeal back in December I believe the first week and my hearing is due on the 12 of June so 5 months after my solicitor recommend to go to an immigration centre to request temporary admission an IS96 I’m not sure cause HO hasn’t sent me a letter to report but my solicitor insists that I must do it so with that and my partner’s nurses and doctors letters I believe the appeal will be favorable I wish the best for you !! Keep strong and I’ll keep you posted ! Any question that you may have and if I can help please ask ...
Hi Amelia, sorry again to ask. Just want to know, after you lodged your appeal how many weeks after did they send to you the date of your hearing? Thanks

Mister123 ok so my refusal was on November 10th, I paid the appeal fees on the 22nd of November, acknowledge from Court is dated 29th of November I received it on the 4th of December and my notice of hearing with the date is dated 12 of January and the actual hearing it’ll be on June 12th, seemed like a long wait but here we are just around the corner now!! All the best !!
Few more days till the day we've been waiting for. Hoping for positive outcome on your hearing. All the best and God bless Amelia.

Shira
India

Post by Shira » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:21 am

Hi I am new here . I am waiting for diceson since aug 2017 . I have 2 children they both British citizens can u tell me how long Home office take for diceson . Almost 11 month gone still not reply from home office I can’t work no money left struggling with life bcoz of home office

baba27
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by baba27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:19 am

Liquidity wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:26 pm
It would be a positive, don't lose hope, Jesus will fight and you shall win in Jesus name
Congratulations liquidity for your visa god bless my friend :D :D

Liquidity
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Liquidity » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 am

Thanks baba27, 14 months waiting is over God bless 😀😀

Amelia4784
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by Amelia4784 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Mister123 hiiii so we went court today, it was very mm surreal, I did pay for a barrister a senior one and it was worth every penny, I was very nervous I even cried, HoPO accepted my insurmountable obstacles due to my partners illness, they didn’t say nothing about my tourist status, it was just focus on proving that my partner and my daughter can be without me for a month or so but because of my husband’s next course of treatment is in July it will be hard all in all I worried too much, the judge said she’ll give me her decision whitin 3 weeks so I have to wait a bit more now ... have you got your hearing date ??

mister123

Post by mister123 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Amelia4784 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:30 pm
Mister123 hiiii so we went court today, it was very mm surreal, I did pay for a barrister a senior one and it was worth every penny, I was very nervous I even cried, HoPO accepted my insurmountable obstacles due to my partners illness, they didn’t say nothing about my tourist status, it was just focus on proving that my partner and my daughter can be without me for a month or so but because of my husband’s next course of treatment is in July it will be hard all in all I worried too much, the judge said she’ll give me her decision whitin 3 weeks so I have to wait a bit more now ... have you got your hearing date ??
You're nearly end of the tunnel Amelia. Hope judge decision will favor in to you so all this burden and hardships we've been through will be done. Anyways, i didnt have hearing date yet, still waiting. Its been 1 month now since we paid for the court fee.

Streetboy
BANNED
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Streetboy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Now your long battle over with HO . Now you will get your visa with in few month after FTT decision.
Congratulations in advance because I am positive you will win.

Amelia4784 wrote:

Shira
India

Post by Shira » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi any body can tell me plz how long Home office take for decision

Nanomey
Newly Registered

Post by Nanomey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:53 pm

We have been waiting for husbands application for nearly 15 months, today we received a letter from HO asking for more documents.
We sent everything we had with the application and now they want more :shock: they already have tenancy agreement, joint bills or those in husbands name at address so what more can I send!!?
They are also asking to see MY passport and a letter from my children’s school.
On a positive note - they must be close to making a decision ...

Shira
India

Post by Shira » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:16 pm

They not ask me anthing yet

Shira
India

Post by Shira » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:18 pm

What document they want now if u don’t mind can tell plz

GIe
Newly Registered
Cayman Islands

Post by GIe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Hi all , so I’ve been following this trend as of February and I didn’t say anything .

Applied for FLR (FP) parent route - 5 year route

Post application - 14 February 2018
Home received- 15 February 2018
Acknowledge letter and biometric letter received-23rd February 2018
Biometric done - 3rd March 2018
Rang my solicitor on 5th June asking her to ask home office to make a decision quickly due to having an emergency to leave the Uk urgently -
Letter sent out 6th June
Home office received the letter - 7th June
Decision was made on the 8th June
Biometric printed on the 9th June
Passport and documents received -11th March
Biometric card received - 12th March

Granted 10 year route ..
I’m not happy I was being placed on a 10 year route with no recourse to public funds because my child is full British citizen.

I was told I could appeal to get the no recourse of public funds removed because my situation has changed the last 2 months of application being in process.

Has anyone being granted public funds on either route of 5 / 10 year’s or appeal to have no recourse to public funds disabled?
All the best to everyone 🙂

Jan khan
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Jan khan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:12 am

[quote=Shira post_id=1645628 time=1528831010 user_id=196712]
Hi any body can tell me plz how long Home office take for decision
[/quote

I may be the longest waiting since November 2016.

Newly Registered
Mood:
Malawi

Post by 265 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:43 am

GIe wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:12 pm
Hi all , so I’ve been following this trend as of February and I didn’t say anything .

Applied for FLR (FP) parent route - 5 year route

Post application - 14 February 2018
Home received- 15 February 2018
Acknowledge letter and biometric letter received-23rd February 2018
Biometric done - 3rd March 2018
Rang my solicitor on 5th June asking her to ask home office to make a decision quickly due to having an emergency to leave the Uk urgently -
Letter sent out 6th June
Home office received the letter - 7th June
Decision was made on the 8th June
Biometric printed on the 9th June
Passport and documents received -11th March
Biometric card received - 12th March

Granted 10 year route ..
I’m not happy I was being placed on a 10 year route with no recourse to public funds because my child is full British citizen.

I was told I could appeal to get the no recourse of public funds removed because my situation has changed the last 2 months of application being in process.

Has anyone being granted public funds on either route of 5 / 10 year’s or appeal to have no recourse to public funds disabled?
All the best to everyone 🙂
Learn to appreciate what you HAVE!

Littlebutmighty
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Littlebutmighty » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:21 pm

So right, people should appreciate what they have:

Flr fp as a parent route 5 years
Applied via post : 02/10/2017
Acknowledgement letter: 5/10/2017 and my son's passport and birth certificate returned.
Bio metric letter received: 26/10/2017
Bio metric done : 31/10/2017
Calls made, chase up letter from my MP 26/03/2018.
No further document requested for yet
Decision of decision: pending
Date of brp received: pending

This is my eight month since application. Can't work and taking craps from my son's dad because I have rendered hopeless and useless that it is a struggle to feed and pay bills.

Amelia4784
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by Amelia4784 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:16 pm

Streetboy wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:06 pm
Now your long battle over with HO . Now you will get your visa with in few month after FTT decision.

Amelia4784 wrote:
Starboy, like I said I was so worried about the hearing but now I’m back to normal I really hope the judge allowes my appeal and I don’t want to feel super confident and then be sad again, thnx for the good vibes 🤗 I really hope for the best to all of us. I keep you updated !!

Mrozzy124
Anguilla

Post by Mrozzy124 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:21 am

Amelia4784 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:16 pm
Streetboy wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Amelia4784 wrote:
Starboy, like I said I was so worried about the hearing but now I’m back to normal I really hope the judge allowes my appeal and I don’t want to feel super confident and then be sad again, thnx for the good vibes 🤗 I really hope for the best to all of us. I keep you updated !!

I've got a good feeling you will get it.

Can I ask you if your barrister did all the talking or did you do some too?
If you did, what did the judge ask you?

Thanks and stay positive! :)
Clinique et pharmacie .......com un redressement rapide

Amelia4784
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by Amelia4784 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Ok once you find out where your hearing will take place I told the receptionist About my hearing then she called my barrister which did another skeleton argument and some research on my partners illness the cost in Mexico and is close to £80 000 imagine in mexican peso it’s unafordable, so what happened next is my partner waited outside and I went into the courtroom the judge arrived and she asked some points of refusing to HOPO he was the one that asked me questions about my partners illness, how do I care for him, how do I look after Amelia, why can’t I go just for a couple of weeks to get the proper visa, and as he was asking the barrister was saying page 39 evidence that stress cause my partners flare ups of his symptoms and the judge was always just taking notes, or that kind of relating my answers to evidence from our bundle, to be honest I think if you can afford one do it because we are on so much stress that we might skip something, another evidence strong on my case is that my mother in law’s doctor wrote a letter about her illness and how she couldn’t look after my partner and an 8 year old, then they called my partner in they asked him the same line of questions and then, HOPO said his final argument in which he said well We acknowledge excepcional circumstances but we are just saying she could go mexico just for a couple of weeks a month Max to gain right visa entry and my barrister staring why that could not be possible just right now the judge then told me she will
Come to a decision as fast as she can and that was all !!

I hope I answered your questions, this was my experience!! I keep you updated!!