ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A new role and pay rise within the same Soc code a month before ILR-what to do

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Charming270
Newly Registered
Russia

A new role and pay rise within the same Soc code a month before ILR-what to do

Post by Charming270 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Dear Forum members,
I am a PR manager with a current salary of 26500pa which was raised last month from 23500GBP. I will have my five years complete by November 2018. We have a person who left for maternity and some junior people coming later on this year who need to be supervised so my boss offers me a Senior PR manager with extensive duties which will still going to be under the same SOC code. With the new role the company offers me a pay rise starting from October which will be 36000. So I will only be earning the appropriate salary for ILR for one month before applying for ILR. Will the pay rise due to circumstances in the company and urgent need for more of my services be considered genuine for taking place only for one month when applying for ILR?
I am thinking of applying probably for an extension instead so then I will be paid 35500 for longer. Will I then be able to apply any time before my 6 years expire? I would appreciate if you can suggest what to do.
Thank you!

Charming270
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: A new role and pay rise within the same Soc code a month before ILR-what to do

Post by Charming270 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:27 am

Please advise, thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: A new role and pay rise within the same Soc code a month before ILR-what to do

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:48 am

You can expect such a large increase immediately prior to apply for ILR to be an instant red flag to HO and could likely trigger an investigation and visit to your employer.

What is your current SOC??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Charming270
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Charming270 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Thanks for the respond. It’s 2472 PR manager . If the employer’s situation is explained as it is that there was a condition in the company when my services are needed with more duties as a senior PR manager because there are loads of stuff to do now at the company, and that they are actually willing to keep me as I worked for 5 years because I know how the company works and their policy etc will that be ok?

Charming270
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Charming270 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:48 am
You can expect such a large increase immediately prior to apply for ILR to be an instant red flag to HO and could likely trigger an investigation and visit to your employer.

What is your current SOC??
Dear CR001, THank you for your response. I replied to your question, when you have time can you please have a look on it and reply? Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:55 am

You need to check that your 'new job' is not in a different SOC. If it is, there a processes your sponsor has to follow.

You can expect a lot of scrutiny of your ILR application with such a substantial salary increase one month before ILR.

You will effectively have received a £12,500pa increase in 6 months. Obviously HO is going to be very interested in this and whether any or all other employers have been afforded really good increases and/or promotion opportunities.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Charming270 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:24 pm
Dear Forum members,
I am a PR manager with a current salary of 26500pa which was raised last month from 23500GBP. I will have my five years complete by November 2018. We have a person who left for maternity and some junior people coming later on this year who need to be supervised so my boss offers me a Senior PR manager with extensive duties which will still going to be under the same SOC code. With the new role the company offers me a pay rise starting from October which will be 36000. So I will only be earning the appropriate salary for ILR for one month before applying for ILR. Will the pay rise due to circumstances in the company and urgent need for more of my services be considered genuine for taking place only for one month when applying for ILR?
I am thinking of applying probably for an extension instead so then I will be paid 35500 for longer. Will I then be able to apply any time before my 6 years expire? I would appreciate if you can suggest what to do.
Thank you!
if your promotion is for maternity cover as you have said, then the new salary will only be for 1 year or so. so you need to be clear with your explanation. If you submit an application, your sponsor will most likely be audited/investigated. The promotion is coming a month ILR and given you a salary just enough to meet ILR. Your sponsor must be ready to show HO that you are the only one who deserves the promotion and such a huge salary increase.
Your sponsor will need to report the promotion through sms and provide all the necessary explanation.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Charming270
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Charming270 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:29 am

Thank you so much for your responds!