ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous UK immigration applications (online form)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

salmnk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Previous UK immigration applications (online form)

Post by salmnk » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:53 pm

I am filling online British Citizenship application and there is one question where I am completely stuck. This is:
Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
When I say Yes. It asks me all these different Questions:
Name in which you made the application: <My Name>
Date of application, if known :<Date of Appointment>
Was this application made in the UK?: Yes
Were your fingerprints taken as part of this application?: Yes
Date fingerprints were taken, if known: <Date of Appointment> (went through same day application)
Is this correct way of filling it? Do I need to fill this information for all the immigration applications. I have:
Student Visa Application (Tier-4) which I submitted from my home country in 2009.
Post Study Work Visa submitted in 2010.
Tier 2 General application submitted in 2012.
Tier 2 General extension application submitted in 2015.
ILR Application submitted in 2017.
Now applying for Joint Citizenship+Passport application in 2018
For some of these applications I don't know about their reference numbers and also I am not sure my finger prints were taken as some of these applications are pretty old. Please help.

Thanks
Salman

salmnk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Previous UK immigration applications (online form)

Post by salmnk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:59 am

@moderators: Could you please answer my query. Thanks in advance

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:35 am

salmnk wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:53 pm
I am filling online British Citizenship application and there is one question where I am completely stuck. This is:
Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
When I say Yes. It asks me all these different Questions:
Name in which you made the application: <My Name>
Date of application, if known :<Date of Appointment>
Was this application made in the UK?: Yes
Were your fingerprints taken as part of this application?: Yes
Date fingerprints were taken, if known: <Date of Appointment> (went through same day application)
Is this correct way of filling it? Do I need to fill this information for all the immigration applications. I have:
Student Visa Application (Tier-4) which I submitted from my home country in 2009.
Post Study Work Visa submitted in 2010.
Tier 2 General application submitted in 2012.
Tier 2 General extension application submitted in 2015.
ILR Application submitted in 2017.
Now applying for Joint Citizenship+Passport application in 2018
For some of these applications I don't know about their reference numbers and also I am not sure my finger prints were taken as some of these applications are pretty old. Please help.

Thanks
Salman
Hi

Just mentioned the rough dates when you think you have made the applicatiion and when you think you enrolled for the biometrics.

i will say also write a cover letter and mention there that the dates you mentioned about biometric or dates when you applied for the certain visa applications are best to your knowledge.

HO just want to know that you are not hiding anything. they already have all your immigaraion records and if they want they will check from there.

so dont worry about that.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

salmnk
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by salmnk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:49 am

Hi,
Many thanks for the info. Could you please provide me a template of Covering letter. is it a normal letter or do i need to put some specific wording in it. Some people in the forum are suggesting to do SAR (Subject Access Request) to HO to get your details. is it necessary as its a long process and takes time to get information.

Also Do I need to put my other Visas information as well. Like I applied for Schengen Visa for Germany and Spain to do business trips in those countries?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:06 am

There is no 'template letter'.

They are asking about UK immigration, not EU/worldwide immigraiton!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.