ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which additional docs do they request for naturalisation?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ayna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Which additional docs do they request for naturalisation?

Post by Ayna » Wed May 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Hi everyone,

Please share your experience which additional documents did INIS ask from you after you've submitted your application for naturalisation? Especially in cases based on 5 year residency.

Regards,
Ayna.

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Which additional docs do they request for naturalisation?

Post by Rosay36 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:11 pm

It could be anything from proof of address,p60, passport photo, certified birth cert etc. If they need an additional information after you submit your application they will let you know. It varies from person to person.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed May 30, 2018 9:24 pm

Ayna wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:49 pm
Hi everyone,

Please share your experience which additional documents did INIS ask from you after you've submitted your application for naturalisation? Especially in cases based on 5 year residency.

Regards,
Ayna.
They don't always ask for anything. If you cover everything off in your application form with the documents requested, then you shouldn't have to provide anything else. We didn't have to provide anything extra beyond the stuff with the application.

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:25 pm

chaoclive wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:24 pm

They don't always ask for anything. If you cover everything off in your application form with the documents requested, then you shouldn't have to provide anything else. We didn't have to provide anything extra beyond the stuff with the application.
This.

I applied mid-2016 on the basis of having 5 years residence (non-EU citizen). At that time, the latest version of Form 8 was from 2015 (Ver. 5.3). In this version, there was no requirement to submit the original passport or any address proofs with the application.

However, just a month after I applied, Form 8 was updated and it included the two requirements (original passports and 3 different address proofs for each year of residence). When I saw this, I quickly made a list of address proofs I could use for each year. I was expecting them to send me a letter asking for these documents in order to make my application conform to the new requirements. But that didn't happen, and they seemed to only consider requirements that were current on the date of my application.