ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vignette Transfer - mixed advice

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seth_pulse
Newly Registered

Vignette Transfer - mixed advice

Post by seth_pulse » Mon May 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi, I've got a BIG issue with my Tier 5 YM Visa.

I applied for the visa in November last year before my 31st Birthday. My indicated travel date was mid December 2015. I was granted a visa which permits me to enter the UK from mid Dec 2015 to mid Dec 2017. My Vignette gave me 30 days from mid Dec to mid Jan to arrive in the UK.

- However, despite having every intention to travel on the specified date, after I communicated my intention to resign, my employer asked me to stay as the business was undergoing a few transitions and my help would be appreciated in the process.
- Upon enquiry, the UK VISA Enquiry Services suggested that I reapply for a Vignette Transfer. I have an email evidence for this.
- Noting the need for a positive job reference in the future and the advice from the UK Visa Enquiry Services below, I decided to stay and didn't enter the UK.

However, I am now ready to travel and made a few enquiries to the UK VISA Enquiry Services but have been getting mixed messages. Some said Vignette Transfer is not possible anymore and I should have applied before the 30-day expired. They said I should apply for YM visa again but I don't think I am eligible anymore as i'm older than 31.

Anyone has a similar experience to this? What is the best solution? Any hope? :cry:

seth_pulse
Newly Registered

Tier 5 Youth Mobility - Vignette Tranfer after 4 months

Post by seth_pulse » Mon May 09, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi, I've got a BIG issue with my Tier 5 YM Visa.

I applied for the visa in November last year before my 31st Birthday. My indicated travel date was mid December 2015. I was granted a visa which permits me to enter the UK from mid Dec 2015 to mid Dec 2017. My Vignette gave me 30 days from mid Dec to mid Jan to arrive in the UK.

- However, despite having every intention to travel on the specified date, after I communicated my intention to resign, my employer asked me to stay as the business was undergoing a few transitions and my help would be appreciated in the process.
- Upon enquiry, the UK VISA Enquiry Services suggested that I reapply for a Vignette Transfer. I have an email evidence for this.
- Noting the need for a positive job reference in the future and the advice from the UK Visa Enquiry Services below, I decided to stay and didn't enter the UK.

However, I am now ready to travel and made a few enquiries to the UK VISA Enquiry Services but have been getting mixed messages. Some said Vignette Transfer is not possible anymore and I should have applied before the 30-day expired. They said I should apply for YM visa again but I don't think I am eligible anymore as i'm older than 31.

Anyone has a similar experience to this? What is the best solution? Any hope? :cry:

Casa

Re: Tier 5 Youth Mobility - Vignette Tranfer after 4 months

Post by Casa » Mon May 09, 2016 1:53 pm

Unfortunately you should have applied to transfer your vignette before the 30 day expiry date. You would have then been able to defer your visa for up to 3 months. Also, as you are already aware you are now over the qualifying age for submitting a new Tier 5 visa application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seth_pulse
Newly Registered

Post by seth_pulse » Mon May 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks Casa. However, when I made the enquiry to the UK VISA Enquiry Services, there was no indication of how soon I should apply for the Vignette Transfers. I also couldn't see find anything on the ukgov website about any restrictions. Any idea if they may would take this into consideration ? I feel like i've done the right thing all along.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon May 09, 2016 2:04 pm

I doubt it, but it's worth trying. My understanding is that you are unable to transfer a vignette that is no longer valid. If fellow moderator Vinny (The king of links) he may have further reference.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seth_pulse
Newly Registered

Post by seth_pulse » Mon May 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Thanks Casa. Wish I had found this forum 4 months ago. This is all too confusing. Hope I can get Vinny's attention soon.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon May 09, 2016 2:22 pm

The additional problem is that you're now also beyond the 3 month visa deferment period, apart from being overage.
(Casa, not CR001)

scibidibibop
Newly Registered

Post by scibidibibop » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:02 am

Hi All,

I'm just writing this to hopefully ease some stressed out minds (for which i have been one) who search in the future that are in a similar boat.. over 31 and require a vignette transfer.

I'm over 31 and have just completed the same process, i turned 31 in February and couldn't travel until late august.. i applied in january and said my intended travel date was 3 months out (early april) my vignette expired early may and 1 week* after my vignette expired i lodged a vignette transfer NOT A NEW APPLICATION saying i would be entering the country in august

*(unsure if leaving the vignette longer matters as mentioned in an above comment but i don't beleive it does).

This has now been completed successfully, i paid the vignette transfer costs of $369 AUD, did my biometric testing again and sent off the forms and passport with a return envelope and everything went through ok.

It seems like bottom line as long as you have applied before your 31st birthday and set you entry date to at max 3 months out that entry date is the start of your 2 years and you can change the entry date with a vignette transfer but your 2 years is still from that first entry date so the later you enter the less of the 2 years you have.

some helpful information:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... __OLF_.pdf

"Successful applicants will be issued with a vignette in their passport which is valid for 30 days. The vignette is proof only of your permission to enter the UK and will allow you to travel to the UK. If you do not travel
to the UK within this 30 day period you will have to apply for another 30 day vignette,for which there will be an additional fee."

PHONE - 1800 640 327 - An Australian number that i think diverts to somewhere else maybe uk or Philippines and costs about $3 per minute, regardless of the cost sometimes you just need to talk to a human and they are very helpful and will guide you in the right direction.

goodluck!

jlee4624
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Vignette Transfer - mixed advice

Post by jlee4624 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Thanks for that I am in that exact situtation, but noticed that was a while ago. Does anyone know if we can still apply for a vignette transfer after the 30 days has passed on the original vignette?
Thanks!