ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

5ift
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by 5ift » Wed May 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Hello everyone.

I have been a silent viewer of this forum for a while and have found it very helpful in providing information. I myself am facing a rather weird situation at the moment, and would greatly appreciate any help and comments. Here is the issue:

I have been a refugee for 5 years, applied for my ILR in Jan 2019, done biometrics for ILR in Feb, granted ILR on 13 April 2018. However, as I am married to British Citizen, I applied for naturalisation straight away. I decided to use NCS as at the time it seemed a quicker option (proved to be wrong). The NCS appointment was on 24 April and my application+documents were received by HO on 25th. I received no acknowledgment (neither post nor digital) for about a month and started to panic so emailed HO on all three emails I could find from them. After receiving several replies from "MMST FCT Callnotes" each one asking one question only (date of birth, delivery receipt, address, etc), and one reply from "Citizenship Support" saying that they never received my application (!!!), I finally received one email from the former dated 21 May confirming that my payment has gone through on 20 May. One sentence only!

I have been waiting ever since to get a biometric enrolment letter, but until today I have not received anything from HO. Not any proper acknowledgement nor biometric letter. I have tried calling them but no-one gives me any further information.

I was wondering if any of members or moderators has come across a similar case, or if anyone can help me with and advice or piece of information.. It is very frustrating..

Thank you all in advance.
A.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:19 pm

5ift wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:08 pm
Hello everyone.

I have been a silent viewer of this forum for a while and have found it very helpful in providing information. I myself am facing a rather weird situation at the moment, and would greatly appreciate any help and comments. Here is the issue:

I have been a refugee for 5 years, applied for my ILR in Jan 2019, done biometrics for ILR in Feb, granted ILR on 13 April 2018. However, as I am married to British Citizen, I applied for naturalisation straight away. I decided to use NCS as at the time it seemed a quicker option (proved to be wrong). The NCS appointment was on 24 April and my application+documents were received by HO on 25th. I received no acknowledgment (neither post nor digital) for about a month and started to panic so emailed HO on all three emails I could find from them. After receiving several replies from "MMST FCT Callnotes" each one asking one question only (date of birth, delivery receipt, address, etc), and one reply from "Citizenship Support" saying that they never received my application (!!!), I finally received one email from the former dated 21 May confirming that my payment has gone through on 20 May. One sentence only!

I have been waiting ever since to get a biometric enrolment letter, but until today I have not received anything from HO. Not any proper acknowledgement nor biometric letter. I have tried calling them but no-one gives me any further information.

I was wondering if any of members or moderators has come across a similar case, or if anyone can help me with and advice or piece of information.. It is very frustrating..

A.
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your situation. But as you mentioned that HO have just taken the payment for your application, i believe you should receive the Biometric Enrolment Letter anytime soon. If you check the Time Scale thread you will see that there are cases where NCS results were quicker than Online + JCAP applicants.

Wait for 4-5 working days and if you dont receive anything then chase HO again regarding Biometric Enrolment letter.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Wed May 30, 2018 4:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:48 am
mrsabih wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:28 am
Hi all i have a general question regarding naturalisation for one of my friend he recently submit his naturalisation online and its 4 weeks he is awaiting decision but now his wife want to divorce him and divorce proceedings will take 6 to 7 months
As his application in process
Did he have to inform naturalisation department or stay quiet please advise

Thanks
No as until the divorce decree is issued, he is still married.
Thanks it means he will get his naturalisation till that time hopefully if not than bad luck i say
Do good and get reward

5ift
Newly Registered

Post by 5ift » Thu May 31, 2018 12:03 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:19 pm
5ift wrote:
Hello everyone.

A.
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your situation. But as you mentioned that HO have just taken the payment for your application, i believe you should receive the Biometric Enrolment Letter anytime soon. If you check the Time Scale thread you will see that there are cases where NCS results were quicker than Online + JCAP applicants.

Wait for 4-5 working days and if you dont receive anything then chase HO again regarding Biometric Enrolment letter.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. Weirdly enough I received an acknowledgment email today, 11 days after the payment was done! I assume that means the process in fact has started today! not with the payment 11 days ago!
Thanks though.
A.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:12 pm

5ift wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:03 pm
TheRock9 wrote:
5ift wrote:
Hello everyone.

A.
Hi,

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. Weirdly enough I received an acknowledgment email today, 11 days after the payment was done! I assume that means the process in fact has started today! not with the payment 11 days ago!
Thanks though.
A.
Hi,

Bit if you check the forum you will see people who have applied using NCS and they have got the decision quicker than online application. So best of luck.

My Question is still there.

Has anyone got there Naturalisation Refused after the Passport fee has been deducted.

Please share you experience if someone has face this.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

5ift
Newly Registered

Post by 5ift » Thu May 31, 2018 12:28 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:12 pm
5ift wrote:
TheRock9 wrote:
5ift wrote:
Hello everyone.

A.
Hi,

Thanks

Thanks though.
A.
Hi,

Bit if you check the forum you will see people who have applied using NCS and they have got the decision quicker than online application. So best of luck.

Has anyone got there Naturalisation Refused after the Passport fee has been deducted.

Thanks
Unfortunately I have no experience yet regarding the passport application, but following this forum closely, I have not yet come across any refusal case after passport fee gone through. This whole passport application with online naturalisation is new anyway. Used to be JCAP with NCS but when I applied in April it was already changed.

And you are correct, many NCS cases used to be quicker within the first few months of HO introducing the online system (Jan to mid March). However, the NCS officer told me that HO is making the NCS obsolete, meaning that soon there will be no NCS available, and that's why many councils already have stopped that service. NDRS will be the only service available from councils. I have been closely following all the relevant forums, months of Jan till May, and other citizenship discussion groups, and it seems like that currently there is no meaningful difference in speed of processing NCS application and online ones, in some cases even take longer. Also, applications made after mid April are generally taking longer to process as HO has received a pile of application in late march and early April right before the fees were increased.

Best of luck to everyone.
A.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Thu May 31, 2018 1:09 pm

5ift wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:28 pm
TheRock9 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:12 pm
5ift wrote:
TheRock9 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Thanks though.
A.
Hi,

Thanks
Unfortunately I have no experience yet regarding the passport application, but following this forum closely, I have not yet come across any refusal case after passport fee gone through. This whole passport application with online naturalisation is new anyway. Used to be JCAP with NCS but when I applied in April it was already changed.

And you are correct, many NCS cases used to be quicker within the first few months of HO introducing the online system (Jan to mid March). However, the NCS officer told me that HO is making the NCS obsolete, meaning that soon there will be no NCS available, and that's why many councils already have stopped that service. NDRS will be the only service available from councils. I have been closely following all the relevant forums, months of Jan till May, and other citizenship discussion groups, and it seems like that currently there is no meaningful difference in speed of processing NCS application and online ones, in some cases even take longer. Also, applications made after mid April are generally taking longer to process as HO has received a pile of application in late march and early April right before the fees were increased.

Best of luck to everyone.
A.
Hi,

Yeah i have seen the pattern through time line topics that online is taking more days now. I believe you're right that they soon will stop NCS and only way will be Online and it save them time by entering the same information online, and now the individual will do themselves at the time of replying and also they will save money on sending out biometric enrolment letters and also confirmation letters. I think it is a good step. It will be excellent if they also provide the update of the application, like a tracking system, like how many steps has been left.

You're right about no refusal cases after the passport fees been deducted. I have asked the same question in a refusal thread and still waiting a reply.

Thanks

Bormandlili
Newly Registered

Post by Bormandlili » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Hello everyone
I have just got my approval letter now.
Date of application : 21/12/2017 Barnet NCS
Date of biometric done: 09/01/2018
Date of approval 21/05/2018 (arrived 04/06/18)

Just want to mention , don't panick and nervous about your application after 3 month. The timeline is 6 month.as you see mine got approved in 5 month.and arrived 5 month and 2weeks.So don't be nervous about the reasons yours is over 3 month.most people get it near 6 months.two of my friends got their approval near 6 months too.

Just be patient and relax.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Bormandlili wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:07 pm
Hello everyone
I have just got my approval letter now.
Date of application : 21/12/2017 Barnet NCS
Date of biometric done: 09/01/2018
Date of approval 21/05/2018 (arrived 04/06/18)

Just want to mention , don't panick and nervous about your application after 3 month. The timeline is 6 month.as you see mine got approved in 5 month.and arrived 5 month and 2weeks.So don't be nervous about the reasons yours is over 3 month.most people get it near 6 months.two of my friends got their approval near 6 months too.

Just be patient and relax.
Congratulations.

Was your case bit complicated or straightforward ?

rs315
Newly Registered

Post by rs315 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Good evening all.

I have recently received my PR card, thanks to the help of this forum. I am now planning on applying for naturalisation as I acquired PR in December 2013. My question is, when submitting evidence, do I need to again submit evidence pertaining to my ex husband exercising treaty rights or will 6 years of my continous residence suffice.

Thanks in advance

virk1
Newly Registered
India

Post by virk1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:38 pm

hi every one,
Last year when i apply for PR Home office use to have online status check service. i have applied for citizenship and i can not find that online status check link. does any one know we can still check it or any reason why home office stopped that service?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:09 pm

virk1 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:38 pm
hi every one,
Last year when i apply for PR Home office use to have online status check service. i have applied for citizenship and i can not find that online status check link. does any one know we can still check it or any reason why home office stopped that service?
The service was withdrawn late last year I believe - it was Beta only.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:51 am

Khurram545 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:33 am
venomby wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:56 pm
Khurram
I think its a waste of money and time now. The file has moved a few places and I dont think anyone will care to trace your file to add the envelope to the folder. But its worth a try as you could lose valuable documents. BTW 2nd class mail does not mean they treat it like garbage. Only its not delivered later than 1st class. Unless your post box is insecure you should not worry about it much (like a community drop insided the front door of the building)
Thanks for repose. I reached to point , no harm in sending it pre-paid at anytime. (just let them know I am not careless :) )
I will do it today

My documents returned using 2nd class royalmail even I sent secure almost 2 weeks before documents dispatched. Yesterday Received an other letter from case worker returning un-used secure env. with excuse that they could not use it.

(Moral, mail reached to actual case worker and responded from Home office who handles case from very first day)
Khurram

Malu
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Malu » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 am

Non English text removed! After eight months of intense stress, i just received my approval citizenship letter this morning. Applied on the 20th October 2017 and received "the exceptionally complex issues letter " on the 19th of April.
God'swonderful and will never let you down.

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:11 am

Malu wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 am
Non English text removed! After eight months of intense stress, i just received my approval citizenship letter this morning. Applied on the 20th October 2017 and received "the exceptionally complex issues letter " on the 19th of April.
God'swonderful and will never let you down.
Congrats! Do you know what the exceptionally complex issues were?

minxtruck
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by minxtruck » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:21 am

"Are you currently employed?"

Should I answer yes to this question if I am a Director of a limited liability company even though I am not also an employee of that company?

I am completing an online application and, if I answer yes to that question, I am given the opportunity to specify the type of employment and one of the options is "A director" so I think it may be correct that I have currently answered yes to this question and selected "A director" as my employment type.

If anyone can shed any light on this that would be really helpful.

Kilehestmike
Newly Registered

Post by Kilehestmike » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi,
I've applied in September last and it's almost been 9 months now.
Since the initial 6 months were up, I've emailed them three times - each time a month apart. The first time (just after 6 months) they said my application has not been completed yet. Then the second email (last month) they said the application is currently under consideration and inquiries are still ongoing etc. Then today, the third email requesting an update they said the application is now with a case worker. My question is are all these responses the same? Or has my application professed somewhat? Thank you in advance. Kind regards. Mike

Kilehestmike
Newly Registered

Post by Kilehestmike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:38 am

Kilehestmike wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm
Hi,
Since the initial 6 months were up, I've emailed them three times - each time a month apart. The first time (just after 6 months) they said my application has not been completed yet. Then the second email (last month) they said the application is currently under consideration and inquiries are still ongoing etc. Then today, the third email requesting an update they said the application is now with a case worker. My question is are all these responses the same? Or has my application professed somewhat? Thank you in advance. Kind regards. Mike
Progressed* I meant sorry

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 am

Seems like bad news for you talking that long means they were not happy with something
Had any issue in past?
How long you here and what basics etc
Provide more info so others can help aswell

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:49 am

Kilehestmike wrote:
Hi,
I applied in September too and still waiting... Every time I've emailed them, I receive a letter in post stating 'checks are ongoing'. Did they reply to your email or write a letter? And interesting to hear that their response was different each time. Mine's always been the same generic response about checks and that they have to wait for national and international organisations to check.

If it's with a case worker, that means you should get a decision very soon :) So keep your fingers crossed and all the best for a positive outcome!

Kilehestmike
Newly Registered

Post by Kilehestmike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:24 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:49 am
Kilehestmike wrote:
Hi,
I applied in September too and still waiting... Every time I've emailed them, I receive a letter in post stating 'checks are ongoing'. Did they reply to your email or write a letter? And interesting to hear that their response was different each time. Mine's always been the same generic response about checks and that they have to wait for national and international organisations to check.

If it's with a case worker, that means you should get a decision very soon :) So keep your fingers crossed and all the best for a positive outcome!
Thank you.
Each time has been via email that I picked up from this site.
So I’m assuming they first do the checks and pass the application to a case worker?
Hope you get your response soon too. It’s been an anxious few months but I guess you get over it after a while.
Kind regards
Mike

Kilehestmike
Newly Registered

Post by Kilehestmike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:33 pm

nidaulhaque wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 am
Seems like bad news for you talking that long means they were not happy with something
Had any issue in past?
How long you here and what basics etc
Provide more info so others can help aswell
Hi, I’ve had some minor issues in the past such as a driving conviction etc. I applied on the basis of long residence (been here since I was very young). In terms of how long it has taken so far, I have come to understand that even the most straight forward application could take over the service standard depending on what checks they do and how long the other party takes to respond etc. So I don’t consider anything good or bad news. After all it’s a previlege not a right as I wasn’t born here. Also, looking at it from a balanced perspective, I have to understand that they have to make sure that everything is in order before granting citizenship.
Kind regards
Mike

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Driving conviction was it from court? Do you know if it's from court and under 3 years old they normally refuse the application

Just one driving conviction?
If it's over 3 years maybe they doing more checks on you if all in order hopefully you will get good news soon

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:10 am

I have been waiting since 27th of April 2017 but still haven't received my decision yet. They keep saying they doing good character checks. I have never been to court and never had any problem since i am in the uk for almost 12 years.

ncksol
Newly Registered

Post by ncksol » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 am

Judging by the processing timeline threads it usually take no more than a week from passport fees deducted to the approval letter arriving. I had mine deducted on 29th of May and still no sign of the approval letter. Should I be worried?