ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen VISA (France) for Tier 2 dependant

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jaishah11
Newly Registered

Travel to Romania - UK Tier 2 Dependant VISA

Post by jaishah11 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:44 am

Hi,

We have to go to a wedding in Romania.
I have a ILR (so I understand I dont need a VISA to romania as its of more than 5 years validity)
My wife and my son have a tier 2 dependant VISA however (upto 3 years validity). Would they need VISA if they are travelling with me? Looking at Romania Website, the requirements are very unclear - if choosing a private visit VISA type, they ask for a invitation document approved my romanian authorities and it might take upto 60 days for the approval.
Do you know :
- does my wife and son needs VISA for romania if they are travelling with me (and have UK tier 2 dependant VISA)?
- best and fastest way to get a VISA in that case?

Regards,
Jai

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Re: Travel to Romania - UK Tier 2 Dependant VISA

Post by gokulatti » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Would help if you can disclose these
1.What is your nationality
2.What is you family members nationality

From the official Romanian website
http://mae.ro/en/node/2040
I believe this point ''The long-term resident's EC residence permit (the validity of which is of 5 years or more) issued by a member state of the European Union.'' must be of interest.

Please understand the ILR you have is not the same as the RP issued under Long term resident EC- RP under Directive 2003/109/EC. I believe UK, Ireland, Denmark do not participate in this directive. And since Uk is not in Schengen, Looks to me even you as well as your family member might need a visa to enter romania.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:09 pm

I actually missed the point below my bad, from http://mae.ro/en/node/2040
''The holders of permanent residence permits issued by the UK or Ireland (the validity of which is of 5 years or more). The right of stay on the territory of Romania shall not exceed the right of stay granted as per such residence permits.''

You are in deed exempted but your family member are not unless they have ILR valid for atleast 5 years. If they actually have PR but with only 3 years but valid for your planned trip then You could call them and argue that it is infact PR and get their acceptance on writing and you could take it along with you. Good luck.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:29 am

Your wife and son will need visas as they do not hold ILR as yet and only hold limited leave to remain Tier 2 dependent visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jaishah11
Newly Registered

Schengen VISA (France) for Tier 2 dependant

Post by jaishah11 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Hello,

We are Indian Citizens in UK.
I am on ILR and I have Schengen VISA issued for 3 years.
My wife and my son (4 years old) are on Tier 2 Dependant VISA and do not have schengen VISA.
We have to travel to Paris and therefore, I need to apply to schengen VISA for my wife and son.

We do not have funds maintained on my wife's bank account. Can we use my bank accounts statement to showcase the funds? I will not be applying VISA with them but I will be travelling with them (tickets will be booked likewise)

Regards,
Jai

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen VISA (France) for Tier 2 dependant

Post by Caravel88 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:50 am

You are a family.
You can show bank accounts as a family.

jaishah11 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:32 pm
Hello,

We are Indian Citizens in UK.
I am on ILR and I have Schengen VISA issued for 3 years.
My wife and my son (4 years old) are on Tier 2 Dependant VISA and do not have schengen VISA.
We have to travel to Paris and therefore, I need to apply to schengen VISA for my wife and son.

We do not have funds maintained on my wife's bank account. Can we use my bank accounts statement to showcase the funds? I will not be applying VISA with them but I will be travelling with them (tickets will be booked likewise)

Regards,
Jai

jaishah11
Newly Registered

Post by jaishah11 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:17 am

Thanks for the response.
Even though I am not applying for VISA with them , i shall be able to show my bank statement and perhaps proof of relation like marriage certificate?

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.