ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application has been rejected

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

omaral
Mood:
Netherlands

Application has been rejected

Post by omaral » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:32 am

I am a Dutch national and been in the UK since 2005.

Anyway, Nov-2016 I applied for a Registration Certificate which I received last year on May 2017.

March-2018(this year) I applied for a Permenant Residence card.

Yesterday received a letter from the Home Office with all the evidence back and a letter from them saying that my application has been rejected, guess the reason?
Missing Documents or Evidence

The photographs you have sent are in the wrong format. Please refer to the guidance notes on the application form and if you submit a further application please send photographs in the correct format.
Strange reason for them to reject the application, simply I had sent the same pictures last year to the Home Office for the registration certificate and they issued it without any issue?

secret.simon

Re: Application has been rejected

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:48 am

omaral wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:32 am
simply I had sent the same pictures last year to the Home Office for the registration certificate and they issued it without any issue?
They may have rejected the photographs because you sent the same pictures to the Home Office a year ago.
Page 6 of the EEA(PR): guidance notes wrote:Sections 1-2: Applicant and sponsor details
You must complete Section 1 – Applicant details.

Only if relevant, you must complete Section 1(c) – Family members included in your application form, and Section 2 – Sponsor details.
Photographs You must include:

• two passport-sized photographs of you (the main applicant) with your name written on the back • two passport-sized photographs of each family member applying with you (if applicable) with their names written on the back • one passport-sized photograph of your sponsor (named in Section 2) (if applicable) with their name written on the back

All photographs must conform to the standards set out in the separate photograph guidance at: www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports.
www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports wrote:Your photo must have been taken in the last month.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

omaral
Mood:
Netherlands

Re: Application has been rejected

Post by omaral » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:08 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:48 am
omaral wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:32 am
simply I had sent the same pictures last year to the Home Office for the registration certificate and they issued it without any issue?
They may have rejected the photographs because you sent the same pictures to the Home Office a year ago.
Thanks for your reply, they could have said that the pictures are not recent? But the reason on the letter clearly saying "The photographs you have sent are in the wrong format"

What do they mean with wrong format? my name was written in the back and my date of birth too.

They could have sent a letter, email or phone to ask for a recent picture or a picture in the correct format.

So at what stage of the application do they decide if the pictures are correct as the application been with them since early March.