ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kayleigh164
Newly Registered
Australia

Spousal visa

Post by Kayleigh164 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Hello everyone,

I am hoping to get some advice on this forum as I have re searched my question a lot but cannot find an answer.

I'm British and my husband of 3yrs is Australian.

If I want to sponsor him to the UK on a spouse visa, to meet the financial requirements of £18,600 does it have to be me the UK citizen earning that amount or can it be from him. I have seen the word "combined income" however I do not have an income and won't have an income. It's all him.

I cannot find the answer to my question on the government website or in any forums. If anyone has any advice or knows whether this is possible or not, I would really appreciate a reply. Just to make it clear, me the UK citizen, doesn't work and won't be working, my question simply is can my husband the Australian use his earnings to meet the requirements of £18,600. Also his earnings will be from Australia. So I guess a part 2 to my question is, can I even sponsor him from Australia to the UK using his earnings?

Thank you in advance :)

Casa

Re: Spousal visa

Post by Casa » Tue May 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Kayleigh164 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:56 pm
Hello everyone,

I am hoping to get some advice on this forum as I have re searched my question a lot but cannot find an answer.

I'm British and my husband of 3yrs is Australian.

If I want to sponsor him to the UK on a spouse visa, to meet the financial requirements of £18,600 does it have to be me the UK citizen earning that amount or can it be from him. I have seen the word "combined income" however I do not have an income and won't have an income. It's all him.

I cannot find the answer to my question on the government website or in any forums. If anyone has any advice or knows whether this is possible or not, I would really appreciate a reply. Just to make it clear, me the UK citizen, doesn't work and won't be working, my question simply is can my husband the Australian use his earnings to meet the requirements of £18,600. Also his earnings will be from Australia. So I guess a part 2 to my question is, can I even sponsor him from Australia to the UK using his earnings?

Thank you in advance :)
Unfortunately, your husbands income won't qualify. It would if he was already legally resident in the UK.

Without income you will need to have £62,500 in savings which have been held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months. Savings can be joint.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

billabog5
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by billabog5 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:09 am

Hi Kayleigh
I was told, but can’t verify if it’s 100% correct, that if you ha e even a job offer where you can prove the job will earn that amount you should be OK to sponsor hubby. Alternatively I have also been told that if you have just arrived then your income from Aus could qualify.
Let me know how you go on as myself & my Aussie wife are in same position & about to apply

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:26 am

billabog5 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:09 am
Alternatively I have also been told that if you have just arrived then your income from Aus could qualify.
Kayleigh would require to have a confirmed offer of employment to start within 3 months of arrival in the UK with a salary of £18,600 AND submit evidence that she has earned the equivalent of £18,600 p.a in her home country for the 12 month period prior to submitting the application.

She states in her post that she isn't employed and won't be in the future. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.