ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension Due - Late Notification Salary Increase

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abby10
India

Tier 2 Extension Due - Late Notification Salary Increase

Post by Abby10 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Hello Team,

It is me again.

My 3 years of Tier 2 General Visa expires on 11 September 2018 and my company is now preparing to extend it for further 3 Years.

When I had joined the company in 2015 they offered me £50K/Annum salary, which I was not happy with :P

They then negotiated stating they would review my performance in a year's time and if need be will give me an increment.
The company did stick to their words and increased my pay by 10% in October 2016.

As mentioned earlier as well this forum has given me a lot of exposure based on which I had asked my employer in March this year (they are A rated) if they had notified my pay rise via SMS, to which they confirmed No, as they were not aware about the increase, as it is a different team.

However, they immediately did that on the same day and sent me a confirmation.

My question here
Whilst I agree the notification went late however, it has now gone with appropriate comments and the increment was genuine, will this be an issue at the time of extension.
Do I/Employer need to keep some details ready or prepare a covering letter for the same as we have notified them late than usual or it should be fine now.

Abby

Abby10
India

Re: Tier 2 Extension Due - Late Notification Salary Increase

Post by Abby10 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:26 pm

Dear Team,

Sincere apologies for chasing you however, just wanted to check if you've managed to check my query posted.

Abby

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:10 am

Abby10 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:17 pm
Hello Team,

It is me again.

My 3 years of Tier 2 General Visa expires on 11 September 2018 and my company is now preparing to extend it for further 3 Years.

When I had joined the company in 2015 they offered me £50K/Annum salary, which I was not happy with :P

They then negotiated stating they would review my performance in a year's time and if need be will give me an increment.
The company did stick to their words and increased my pay by 10% in October 2016.

As mentioned earlier as well this forum has given me a lot of exposure based on which I had asked my employer in March this year (they are A rated) if they had notified my pay rise via SMS, to which they confirmed No, as they were not aware about the increase, as it is a different team.

However, they immediately did that on the same day and sent me a confirmation.

My question here
Whilst I agree the notification went late however, it has now gone with appropriate comments and the increment was genuine, will this be an issue at the time of extension.
Do I/Employer need to keep some details ready or prepare a covering letter for the same as we have notified them late than usual or it should be fine now.

Abby
You don't have to report the increase if it was a company-wide annual salary increase. You, however, need to report the increase if it was for you only. Usually, UKVI will contact your sponsor if they have an issue with the late notification.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Abby10
India

Post by Abby10 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Thank you Djsuccess for your kind attention.

As the increment was in October this was not a company-wide.
Yes this was reported late but was reported accurately.

I have not heard anything from my HR regarding UKVI contacting them.

I am worried as my extension is due.
Will this cause an issue at time of extension, as I have put a booking amount to buy a house as well.

The minimum salary requirement for my SOC is £20,800 and for ILR is £35,500.
As my initial package was fairly above that my increment was nothing to get me to a mark.

Abby

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:18 pm

Abby10 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:11 pm
Thank you Djsuccess for your kind attention.

As the increment was in October this was not a company-wide.
Yes this was reported late but was reported accurately.

I have not heard anything from my HR regarding UKVI contacting them.

I am worried as my extension is due.
Will this cause an issue at time of extension, as I have put a booking amount to buy a house as well.

The minimum salary requirement for my SOC is £20,800 and for ILR is £35,500.
As my initial package was fairly above that my increment was nothing to get me to a mark.

Abby
Go ahead with your extension application.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Abby10
India

Post by Abby10 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Thank you Djsuccess :D

Abby10
India

Post by Abby10 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Hello Team,

Thank you for all you help and support. I am pleased to inform that my Tier 2 General Visa extension has been successful.

My First Visa Issued on 16/08/2015 and valid up to 11/09/2018
Extension Valid from 31/07/2018 to 16/08/2021

Documents Submitted

In-Country Application Form
IHS
Passport
BRP Card
2 passport size photographs (Name and signed at the back)
BRP enrolment at the post office upon confirmation from Home Office

Timeline
Please do not forget to include the following details in your post:
1. Type of application: Tier 2 General Extending
2. If switching, category changing (switching) from - Not Applicable
3. Date of expiry of current leave: 11/09/2018
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: None (they will be applying now)
5. Date application posted: 19/07/2018
6. Date application received at UKBA: 19/07/2018
7. Date payment debited: 19/07/2018
8. Payment mode : Credit Card
9. Acknowledgement letter received: 19/07/2018
10. Biometric letter received: 19/07/2018
11. Date of biometrics enrolment: 20/07/2018
12. Date of approval: 31/07/2018
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: 02/08/2018
14. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: 16/08/2021
15. Date BRP received: Outstanding

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:02 pm

congratulations

Abby10
India

Post by Abby10 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:12 am

Thank you Djsuccess.
I have now received the BRP card and the letters from Home Office on my approval.

I have a question here:

My 1st CoS that was generated was with Salary £55,250
I went back my Immigration Team confirming that the salary is mentioned incorrectly and it should be £57,000.
The new CoS was then generated with the correct salary.

The approval letter that I have now received from Home Office has my incorrect salary mentioned.

When I highlighted this to my immigration team as I don't want any issue at the ILR stage.
They mentioned
1. Not to worry as this is their error and we had submitted them all the correct documents with correct details.
2. As my employer is responsible of paying the taxes and NI hence all the taxes are paid correctly.
3. Also my salary is way above the agreed trash hold it will not impact earning wise

Is this correct?

Abby

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Abby10 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:12 am
Thank you Djsuccess.
I have now received the BRP card and the letters from Home Office on my approval.

I have a question here:

My 1st CoS that was generated was with Salary £55,250
I went back my Immigration Team confirming that the salary is mentioned incorrectly and it should be £57,000.
The new CoS was then generated with the correct salary.

The approval letter that I have now received from Home Office has my incorrect salary mentioned.

When I highlighted this to my immigration team as I don't want any issue at the ILR stage.
They mentioned
1. Not to worry as this is their error and we had submitted them all the correct documents with correct details.
2. As my employer is responsible of paying the taxes and NI hence all the taxes are paid correctly.
3. Also my salary is way above the agreed trash hold it will not impact earning wise

Is this correct?

Abby
You should be fine. Make sure you keep a copy of the CoS you used for your extension (This will show that you submitted the right information and also a copy of your application form ). And most important, your HMRC record will show what you are earning. However, If there's a way you contact your case worker, then you can try to highlight the error to UKVI. But I don't think it should cause an issue for your future application

Abby10
India

Post by Abby10 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi Djsuccess,

I now have a copy of all the documents that were submitted.
My initial CoS was generated with incorrect salary (as mentioned earlier)
Post I highlighting that within the same CoS where it states 'Sponsor's Note' a statement was added which clearly stated that my correct salary. I personally feel the case worker should have read that (but can't blame as this is a human miss).
I will keep this safe as I presume it will be difficult to go back to case worker for amendments.

What do you suggest?

Abby

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Abby10 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:23 pm
Hi Djsuccess,

I now have a copy of all the documents that were submitted.
My initial CoS was generated with incorrect salary (as mentioned earlier)
Post I highlighting that within the same CoS where it states 'Sponsor's Note' a statement was added which clearly stated that my correct salary. I personally feel the case worker should have read that (but can't blame as this is a human miss).
I will keep this safe as I presume it will be difficult to go back to case worker for amendments.

What do you suggest?

Abby
you should be fine. As I said earlier, keep all the documents for future reference if need be