ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anooshith
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Anooshith » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi All
i have some questions about Online Application. i am preparing for NDRS+JCAP.

1. can i submit my online application before the eligibility date?
2. can any one confirm that will the online application ask about our employment history?
3. the first referee should be a professional person with the British passport? or can we provide a British passport holder as referee ?
3. My national passport (SRi Lankan) is in HO,and its expired already back in 2015. i am holding a travel document at the moment. In the passport section of the online application, there is a question requesting my passport expiry date. when i entered expiry date as 2015 the form not accepting the date and there was error message says enter a date in future.
i am stuck on this stage , if anyone had this same issue please advise me.

thank you

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi,
When somebody applying ILR on basis of British Spouse at PSC appointment, on approval a letter is issued on the same time which says a BRP card will be sent within next 7-10 working days , is that letter is enough to show as a proof to council at NDRS appointment that ILR has been granted or council need to see original BRP Card for naturalisation application?

One of the above OP has mentioned that he/she will apply Naturalisation at NDRS on the same day when gets ILR , I am just trying to find out is it possible without waiting for BRP original Card ?
Thanks for replying ...,

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:34 am

Anooshith wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:32 pm
Hi All

2. can any one confirm that will the online application ask about our employment history?
3. the first referee should be a professional person with the British passport? or can we provide a British passport holder as referee ?
3. My national passport (SRi Lankan) is in HO,and its expired already back in 2015. i am holding a travel document at the moment. In the passport section of the online application, there is a question requesting my passport expiry date. when i entered expiry date as 2015 the form not accepting the date and there was error message says enter a date in future.

thank you

hiya

I am in a similar situation and going to apply today via online service, I try to answer your questions:
1- No
2- Yes, provide the details of employment since you entered in the UK
3- Im in a similar situation, I tried editing the nationality part but it asks about the National passport, I have made a comment that I do not have my passport and the passport has expired and curenty i in HO, I am going to tick the box and explain the situation in NCS.

best of luck

Anooshith
Newly Registered

Post by Anooshith » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Sam1140 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:34 am
Anooshith wrote:
Hi All

thank you

hiya

I am in a similar situation and going to apply today via online service, I try to answer your questions:
1- No
3- Im in a similar situation, I tried editing the nationality part but it asks about the National passport, I have made a comment that I do not have my passport and the passport has expired and curenty i in HO, I am going to tick the box and explain the situation in NCS.

best of luck
Thank you for your advise on this, good luck.

nick2018
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nick2018 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:39 pm

Do they inform you via email that your application has been approved or do you only come to know once you receive the hardcopy of the approval letter. Has anyone who has had a succesful application be able to answer this. Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:14 pm

nick2018 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:39 pm
Do they inform you via email that your application has been approved or do you only come to know once you receive the hardcopy of the approval letter. Has anyone who has had a succesful application be able to answer this. Thanks.
By post only (2nd class) as far as is known.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:14 pm
Second class? You mean the 1330 pound application fee does not even cover the extra 9p for a first class stamp, which would get us the decision a couple of days sooner? Lol.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 pm

muraenidae wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 am
alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:14 pm
Second class? You mean the 1330 pound application fee does not even cover the extra 9p for a first class stamp, which would get us the decision a couple of days sooner? Lol.
Some time ago the Home Office has confirmed (at a Home Affairs Committee hearing) that the actual cost of processing is somewhere in the region of below £500, therefore the difference is profit, funding the running of the the Home Office. The new Home Secretary confirmed as much recently.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:29 pm

It's just money making business

slawekp25
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by slawekp25 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi guys

I'm about to submit online application for the citizenship for my family (me + wife + 2 kids) but I'm stuck on one thing. One of required documents that we need to provide is a letter of consent for both kids. I'm struggling to find any template for that particular letter of consent. There is one kind of similar on gov.uk websites, but it's for emergency travel documents so it's worded for that purpose.
Anyone can suggest how to write such letter?
Thanks in advance!
Slawek

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:22 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 pm
Some time ago the Home Office has confirmed (at a Home Affairs Committee hearing) that the actual cost of processing is somewhere in the region of below £500, therefore the difference is profit, funding the running of the the Home Office. The new Home Secretary confirmed as much recently.
I expected that (as citizenship doesn't cost nearly as much in most other countries). Which makes it extra ridiculous they can't spare 9p to use a first class stamp which would see us getting the decision letter 1-3 days sooner - just shows a general disregard / lack of concern for applicants.

OneMan
Newly Registered

Post by OneMan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am

Hi All,

Can anybody help me please?
I am applying for online+JCAP along with my wife.
While doing online application, there is one question that, 'do you have any dependent who is not applying with you?' I have written in my application form 'Yes' as I have a little one who is already British Citizen.
However, my question is, when the same question appears on my wife's form as well, and there should we answer 'yes' or 'no'??.
Our thinkling is as our little one is already covered as a dependent on my form, my wife's form, we should answer as 'no'.
But we are not sure.
Your experiences would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:10 am

OneMan wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am
Hi All,

While doing online application, there is one question that, 'do you have any dependent who is not applying with you?' I have written in my application form 'Yes' as I have a little one who is already British Citizen.
However, my question is, when the same question appears on my wife's form as well, and there should we answer 'yes' or 'no'??.
Our thinkling is as our little one is already covered as a dependent on my form, my wife's form, we should answer as 'no'.
But we are not sure.
You answer 'Yes' in both forms. Your child is clearly dependent on BOTH parents!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

OneMan
Newly Registered

Post by OneMan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:18 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:10 am
OneMan wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am
Hi All,

But we are not sure.
You answer 'Yes' in both forms. Your child is clearly dependent on BOTH parents!!
Okay, thank you CR001.
The reason for our thinking that, on previous visas, child was dependent on my visa. But, as you pointed out, the reason for this question is different not related to previous visa or anything.
Thank you again.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:08 am

I'm preparing for NDRS+JCAP. I note that referee forms are only generated once online application is submitted. Has anyone experienced a problem in getting referees to sign within the short time allowed before attending NDRS? Is there a possible alternative method? I have one referee who lives overseas and can't find an alternative referee. Many thanks in advance.

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Sam1140 wrote:
Anooshith wrote:
Hi All

thank you

hiya

1- No

best of luck

1. Yes.

Reason: The date of application is the date they receive your form.

But always apply when you are qualified

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:13 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:04 pm
Sam1140 wrote:
Anooshith wrote:
Hi All

thank you

hiya

1- No

best of luck

1. Yes.

My understanding is that date of application for online applications is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:13 pm
BIG Dobby wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:04 pm
Sam1140 wrote:
Anooshith wrote:
Hi All

thank you

hiya

1- No

best of luck

1. Yes.

My understanding is that date of application for online applications is the date you submit and pay online.
Oh really! I have a friend who’s just made online application before date of qualification being 18 June.

I will definitely update the house regarding this as he’s sending his paperwork (form) today. Let’s see how it goes

Thanks CR001

gmccarthy
South Africa

Post by gmccarthy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Just submitted my application online and used JCAP. Just realized in none of the online questions did they ask about English language requirements? I did the SELT for my ILR 2 months ago but didnt have to enter the number anywhere on the cirizen application forum

Anyone found the same? My checklist also mentioned nothing about the certificate and NDRS also mentioned nothing.

Update: Bugger, a glitch in the online checklist.
british-citizenship/proving-english-lan ... 52298.html

How do I send the SELT to home office or should I wait for them to contact me. Hopefully not a delay in the application :cry:

thirdeye
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by thirdeye » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Probably a stupid question, but do you have to use Capitals to fill in the online form.

I just finished it, but did everything in lower case, with names starting with a Capital followed by lowercase
(like George Washington).

Thanks !

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:31 pm

thirdeye wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:25 pm
Probably a stupid question, but do you have to use Capitals to fill in the online form.

I just finished it, but did everything in lower case, with names starting with a Capital followed by lowercase
(like George Washington).

Thanks !
Has never been an issue, whether paper or online.

akvk47

Post by akvk47 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Dear Gurus,

i have recently brought my 3.5 year old kid who was born in India to UK, i want to apply for her neutralisation, can you please guide me with this.

she was born in Oct2014 in Inida when me and my wife were on ILR. i got my british passport in 2015. so palnning to register my child as BC.

Thanks in advance

akvk47

areczkowski24
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by areczkowski24 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I just submitted my online application for British citizenship on 02.05.2018.
I have appointment for  NDRS+JCAP on 08.05.2018
Still waiting for decision from HO , but today 19.06.2018 the passport office take mone for passport application from my account it's mean for me my application been approved?????.

Thanks.

areczkowski24
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by areczkowski24 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:42 pm

gmccarthy wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:01 pm
Just submitted my application online and used JCAP. Just realized in none of the online questions did they ask about English language requirements? I did the SELT for my ILR 2 months ago but didnt have to enter the number anywhere on the cirizen application forum

Anyone found the same? My checklist also mentioned nothing about the certificate and NDRS also mentioned nothing.

Update: Bugger, a glitch in the online checklist.
british-citizenship/proving-english-lan ... 52298.html

How do I send the SELT to home office or should I wait for them to contact me. Hopefully not a delay in the application :cry:

Hi ,

I had same situation and the Home office contact to me and my application been delayed is the error on checklist.

gmccarthy
South Africa

Post by gmccarthy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:29 am

Last thing I want is for my application to be delayed due to a error on their part!

Is there someway to send them the form before they contact you in order to avoid the delay?