ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - 2 new full time jobs for settled workers

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ireign
Newly Registered
India

Venture capital deposit

Post by Ireign » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:12 pm

For entrepreneur tier 1 visa ,once we have showed 50K investment . can we return that to VC and invest our own 50K and be still elligible under same category.also how long do we have to keep 50K in our business account for? Thank you

marcnath

Re: Venture capital deposit

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Ireign wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:12 pm
For entrepreneur tier 1 visa ,once we have showed 50K investment . can we return that to VC and invest our own 50K and be still elligible under same category.also how long do we have to keep 50K in our business account for? Thank you
If you have already been awarded points for investment (not for access to funds) there should be no need to invest again
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Ireign
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ireign » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Thank your for you response,is it mandatory to keep Gbp 50000 in the account for a span of 2-3 years to be eligible for extension?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Ireign wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 pm
Thank your for you response,is it mandatory to keep Gbp 50000 in the account for a span of 2-3 years to be eligible for extension?
No, normally that money would have been spent in the course of buisness
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Ireign
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ireign » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi need a help here,

my Entrepreneur tier 1 visa is approved and i had received a venture capital letter ,but now if i arrange my own Gbp 50000 and use that instead of taking the funds from the VC is that a problem ?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Ireign wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:42 pm
Hi need a help here,

my Entrepreneur tier 1 visa is approved and i had received a venture capital letter ,but now if i arrange my own Gbp 50000 and use that instead of taking the funds from the VC is that a problem ?
This is something that is not specified exactly in the immigration rules. But I suspect it will be a problem as it will otherwise contradict with the 200K route.

Why would you want move from VC funding to own funding ? And why is the VC ok with that ?

Ireign
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ireign » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:54 am

Thanks for your response.
because VC funding is costing more as interset rate is higher than i can get . VC is ok as i have paid the intial fees already.

Ireign
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ireign » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:59 am

Also for a family of four Me,My spouse,one child a and one infant,if the minimum balance requirement is managed in three different accounts,gbp 5000 in main applicants account and rest in two different accounts of my spouse ,approx gbp 5000 in one account and approx gbp 600 in another account of my spouse will that be considered ok

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:23 am

Ireign wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:54 am
Thanks for your response.
because VC funding is costing more as interset rate is higher than i can get . VC is ok as i have paid the intial fees already.
ok.

The immigration rules do not specifically say that if you got your initial visa on the 50K VC route, then you need to get the investment from the VC.

However, I think it is implied.

What that means is that there is a high chance HO will refuse it but if you are willing to fight in the courts, you may be able to overcome such a refusal (NOT A LEGAL OPINION :!: :!: :!: ). Generally a high risk approach.

On the other hand, it is interesting that the VC is only concerned about the initial fees.

Legend1
Mood:

Tier 1 - 2 new full time jobs for settled workers

Post by Legend1 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:02 pm

hi marnath,
i'm new to this forum ...i will appreciate your help.
currently i have 4 part jobs on payroll, for last 3 months.
2 out of 4 part timer will be leaving the job.
questions
1. if both part timer work from now onward 30 hours a week can they be count full time from now ?
2. the previous (4) part time persons who have worked 3 months, will it count 3 months full time , as they didnt work for consecutive 12 months ?
3, if a person work part time and later started full time work , will his previous work of part time will be count towards the job craetion?
could you also please simplify the current Covid concession for job creation of tier 1 ?
thanks

Ireign
Newly Registered
India

Investment Requirement and Company Query

Post by Ireign » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:57 pm

Hi Moderators,

I have a few questions that i am hoping to get help with.

I was granted the Tier1 entrepreneur visa on 21St oct 2018 and I came to the UK on 10Th Nov 2018 and registered my company,tried to make it work but (company is still active) eventually joined a existing business here in the UK on 30Th Nov 2019.My initial Application was on £50 k venture capital route i never took the funding but i am wondering if i invest my own £50000 in the existing UK business would i still be granted the points for investment.Or if its an individual investment does it have to be £200 k investment ?,I have tried to look for this information but failed unfortunately and hoping that i can get help with this.

Thank you in advance.

marcnath

Re: Investment Requirement and Company Query

Post by marcnath » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:25 pm

I thought this was asked and answered.
Anyway, you should read/search the forum for answers before asking again.
This was discussed recently here uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/regarding- ... 09229.html

Ireign
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ireign » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 pm

Hi Marcnath,Thank you for your quick response,i have seen this post from Legend1 yesterday and spent time here in the forum and Gov.uk website as well,however its unclear if i can invest my own £50000 and be granted the points for investment if my initial application was approved on the Venture capital £50000 route.
or is the other option only to switch to the £200 k route?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:39 pm

Ireign wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:07 pm
Hi Marcnath,Thank you for your quick response,i have seen this post from Legend1 yesterday and spent time here in the forum and Gov.uk website as well,however its unclear if i can invest my own £50000 and be granted the points for investment if my initial application was approved on the Venture capital £50000 route.
or is the other option only to switch to the £200 k route?
As has been stated multiple times, there is no clarity in the immigration rules on this.

There no such thing as a "switch" to 200K route.

I did a detailed explanation of how I personally interpret the rules in the other thread - I see no point in repeating that here.

Ireign
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ireign » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:04 am

Hi Marcnath,

Thank you for your time and responding,it is much appreciated.

Thank you for directing to the other post as well i have gone through it in detail .,thank you for your help again.

Legend1
Mood:

Post by Legend1 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:41 pm

Hi Ireign,

I personally think if a caseworker is not accepting 50K own funding then he wouldnt accept £200K either.
either we have to have a VC funds ..... or invest our own funds and be prepared to challenge any refusal.

Marcnath Sir,

if i switched to Skill Visa route, can i include (combination of visa for 5 years ILR ) the time spent on Tier 1 Entrepreneur to settle ?

Ireign
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ireign » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:16 am

Hi Legend1, this i have checked with a solicitor that if not vc funds and i invest my own £200 k that will suffice the investment criteria

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:19 am

Ireign wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:16 am
Hi Legend1, this i have checked with a solicitor that if not vc funds and i invest my own £200 k that will suffice the investment criteria
It will be useful for everyone if you can share the solicitor's reasoning behind this. Is there a specific clause that he/she is relying on. Or a previous case that was settled in court that sets a precedent.

Also, for your own protection, I hope you have this in writing from them.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:23 am

Legend1 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:41 pm
Hi Ireign,

I personally think if a caseworker is not accepting 50K own funding then he wouldnt accept £200K either.
either we have to have a VC funds ..... or invest our own funds and be prepared to challenge any refusal.

Marcnath Sir,

if i switched to Skill Visa route, can i include (combination of visa for 5 years ILR ) the time spent on Tier 1 Entrepreneur to settle ?
Yes.

Continuous residence
The 5 years can include time in the UK on another visa if it was one of the following:

Tier 2 (General) or Skilled Worker
Tier 2 Minister of Religion
Tier 2 Sportsperson
Tier 1, but not Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
Representative of an Overseas Business
Global Talent
Innovator

Legend1
Mood:

Post by Legend1 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:28 am

marcnath wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:23 am
Legend1 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:41 pm
Hi Ireign,

Marcnath Sir,

Yes.

Continuous residence
The 5 years can include time in the UK on another visa if it was one of the following:

Tier 2 (General) or Skilled Worker
Tier 2 Minister of Religion
Tier 2 Sportsperson
Tier 1, but not Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
Representative of an Overseas Business
Global Talent
Innovator
hi Sir ,
thank you for the prompt reply , very useful information.

Ireign
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ireign » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:40 am

Hi Marcnath,

Thank you so much for your time again and your guidance ,i have this on an email from them ,i inquired this as an option with the solicitor and they confirmed to me that they received positive response from HO pertaining to this and that i would need to bring in the whole of the investment disposable to me before filing for the the investment and the sooner the better .

Legend1
Mood:

Post by Legend1 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:59 pm

Ireign wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:40 am
Hi Marcnath,

Thank you so much for your time again and your guidance ,i have this on an email from them ,i inquired this as an option with the solicitor and they confirmed to me that they received positive response from HO pertaining to this and that i would need to bring in the whole of the investment disposable to me before filing for the the investment and the sooner the better .
hi Ireign,
could you elaborate more explicitly about the email ? what exactly the reply is from HO please as this will clear the confusion ... many thanks