ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nish_patel7

Interview

Post by nish_patel7 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I had the interview last week and it has gone undoubtedly nice. Everything which the interviewer was looking for has been supplied and I one thing wanted to ask the gurus is that how much role does the interviewer plays to decide the application? Because in my case interviewer was fully satisfied that my business is genuine and after one point the interviewer started taking my words as a proof.
My business is actually genuine one. He said we are experienced enough to know which business are genuine and which are not. Now my hard work is in the hand of case worker because if it was upto Interviewer to grant me the visa I am sure he would have issued me without a doubt.

Thanks
Last edited by nish_patel7 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amu123456789
India

Re: Interview

Post by amu123456789 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi
congrats that you did well
could you please tell us your timeline of application.
thanks

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Applied last year, I don’t have all the dates in my mind but will do it when I am home. But my question here is how much can you really rely upon a positive interview? Because one thing is for sure now that Interviewer knows that my business is genuine but what about the case worker? I can also share my experience with the interviewer if someone wants to know about anything. PM me and I will get back to you. But overall guys who are doing genuine businesses can rest assured that you will find it very easy to face the interview, if one comes. Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:00 pm

nish_patel7 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:15 pm
Hello everyone,

I had the interview last week and it has gone undoubtedly nice. Everything which the interviewer was looking for has been supplied and I one thing wanted to ask the gurus is that how much role does the interviewer plays to decide the application? Because in my case interviewer was fully satisfied that my business is genuine and after one point the interviewer started taking my words as a proof.
My business is actually genuine one. He said we are experienced enough to know which business are genuine and which are not. Now my hard work is in the hand of case worker because if it was upto Interviewer to grant me the visa I am sure he would have issued me without a doubt.

Thanks
The interviewer only provides one input to the CW. So the final decision is still up to the CW and this is not the only thing that the CW has to consider.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:19 pm

The caseworker guideline states that he/she should consider the observation of interviewer while making the decision. The whole concept of on-site Interviews is to get a snapshot of applicant's business rather than doing an objective assessment via video conference at interview center.
If you had covered most of your interview and physical appearance was acceptable & compliant then you will get your positive answer anytime.

sheffieldrana

Post by sheffieldrana » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:27 pm

nish_patel7 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Hi,
Hopefully you will get some good news soon.
Just few questions.
1- Did your employees were in office? If yes than did they interviewed them as will?
2- Did questions are almost same which we have on this forum?
3- 50 K extension? Did you received your IHS if yes when you received?
Thank s
Thank you

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:17 am

sheffieldrana wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:27 pm
nish_patel7 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Hi,
Just few questions.
1- Did your employees were in office? If yes than did they interviewed them as will?
Thank s
Thank you

Hi Sheffieldrana,

Answer 1: Yes my employee was in the office, and they did tell me that we will later interview your employee, but interview was going so well that he did not felt to interview my employee. At that point I felt he might have forgotten about it and upfrontly reminded him and ask do you want to interview my employee? And his reply was no it is fine leave it.

Answer 2: Yes they have a questionnaire about the interview so it goes in a exact series.

Answer 3: Yes I have received the IHS refund month ago.

We had a friendly chat after the interview I can share some good points about the interview. I will help anyone who wants to know about it in a private message. But all I can say that genuine businesses you don’t have to worry about the interview part. They will be helping you infact during the interview if you are a genuine Entrepreneur.

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:19 am

nish_patel7 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:17 am
sheffieldrana wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:27 pm
nish_patel7 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Hi,
Just few questions.
Thank s
Thank you

Hi Sheffieldrana,

Answer 1: Yes my employee was in the office, and they did tell me that we will later interview your employee, but interview was going so well that he did not felt to interview my employee. At that point I felt he might have forgotten about it and upfrontly reminded him and ask do you want to interview my employee? And his reply was no it is fine leave it.

Answer 2: Yes they have a questionnaire about the interview so it goes in exact series.

Answer 3: Yes I have received the IHS refund month ago.

We had a friendly chat after the interview I can share some good points about the interview. I will help anyone who wants to know about it in a private message. But all I can say that genuine businesses you don’t have to worry about the interview part. They will be helping you infact during the interview if you are a genuine Entrepreneur.

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:23 am

moongesture wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:19 pm
The caseworker guideline states that he/she should consider the observation of interviewer while making the decision. The whole concept of on-site Interviews is to get a snapshot of applicant's business rather than doing an objective assessment via video conference at interview center.
If you had covered most of your interview and physical appearance was acceptable & compliant then you will get your positive answer anytime.
Hi,

Can you please help me on how to or where to find the caseworker guideline?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:38 pm

nish_patel7 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:23 am
moongesture wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:19 pm
Hi,

Can you please help me on how to or where to find the caseworker guideline?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Zahid76
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Zahid76 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Same happened in our case. Interview was really smooth although it took 4 hours coz of the paper work
and the nature of the business. The interviewer was assured about the genuineness of our business. you
will definitely get the visa but dont forget to chase your local MP as we received our visa after 5 months
of Interview with the help of MP

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Credible entrepreneur applicant:-

“The genuine entrepreneur team will assess the application if the interviewer notes that, in their (the interviewer’s) opinion, the applicant appears credible as an entrepreneur applicant. When passed back, you must note the details on the system and complete the consideration of the case.”

My question on the above mentioned paragraph on the caseworker guideline is what does they mean by “When passed back, you must note the details and complete the consideration of the case.” ?

Specially this statement that “to complete the consideration of the case.” Does it mean to decide the application outcome?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:39 pm

nish_patel7 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:20 pm
Credible entrepreneur applicant:-

“The genuine entrepreneur team will assess the application if the interviewer notes that, in their (the interviewer’s) opinion, the applicant appears credible as an entrepreneur applicant. When passed back, you must note the details on the system and complete the consideration of the case.”

My question on the above mentioned paragraph on the caseworker guideline is what does they mean by “When passed back, you must note the details and complete the consideration of the case.” ?

Specially this statement that “to complete the consideration of the case.” Does it mean to decide the application outcome?
Yes, it means to decide the application outcome. However, it does not set out the timeline to do so nor what the outcome should be.

As mentioned before, this is just one check that the CW does. The CW may also, for example, have written to banks to verify those documents. Only when all the elements are considered would the case be decided.

Mr laptop

Post by Mr laptop » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:39 pm

hi mate
At the time of my interview, the CO said that he is not the part of decision making process. He has nothing to do with the application outcome. He has been sent a questionnaire from the Case Worker and his job is to ask these questions from the applicant, sent by the case worker.
Practically speaking, CO recommendation plays an important role in decision making process. If the CO is satisfied that this business has passed genuine entrepreneurial test then the probability of getting approved is high and vice versa