ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from tier 4 to spousal visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Faithful01
Wales

Switching from tier 4 to spousal visa

Post by Faithful01 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Hello everyone, I’ll be getting married next month to my fiancé and we would be applying for a spousal visa soon after using same day service, what other supporting documents should we add as proof of relationship? Every other thing is in order but it doesn’t say on the website what to add if applying from within the U.K., especially with same day service.thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Switching from tier 4 to spousal visa

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:03 pm

At initial stage of spouse visa you won't need proof of cohabitation. Most important proof of relationship will be the marriage certificate but still whatever other miscellaneous evidences such as per wedding pictures, hotel bookings, vacations, tenancy agreement, bills or anything can work.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:48 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:03 pm
At initial stage of spouse visa you won't need proof of cohabitation. Most important proof of relationship will be the marriage certificate but still whatever other miscellaneous evidences such as per wedding pictures, hotel bookings, vacations, tenancy agreement, bills or anything can work.
Thank you for your answer, also when filling the flr(m) form do I need to include how much I earn as I am a student and work temporarily or just only include my fiancé’s earnings as he is the sponsor and earns way over the required amount.thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:04 am

Faithful01 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:48 am
seagul wrote:
Thank you for your answer, also when filling the flr(m) form do I need to include how much I earn as I am a student and work temporarily or just only include my fiancé’s earnings as he is the sponsor and earns way over the required amount.thanks
Show only fiancee earnings.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:57 pm

Thank you for your reply, also do we need to include the sponsors p60? Thanks

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:09 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:04 am
Faithful01 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:48 am
seagul wrote:
Show only fiancee earnings.
Thank you for your reply, do we also need to include the sponsors p60? Thanks

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi guys, also has anyone used the same day service? What is it like? Do you just submit your documents or get interviews too? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Faithful01 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:13 pm
Hi guys, also has anyone used the same day service? What is it like? Do you just submit your documents or get interviews too? Thanks
Same day is not an 'interview'. You merely submit your application, the caseworkers asks for specific documents and then you wait. You will be sent to do your biometrics as part of the process in the centre. Once your application is complete, you will be called and given a decision and get all your documents back.

BRP card is sent within 7-10 days after your appointment.

Have you booked an appointment yet?? They are very low on available slots up to beginning of August already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Faithful01 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:57 pm
Don't include p60 if you can supply payslips, employer letter & bank statements.

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:21 pm
Faithful01 wrote:
Same day is not an 'interview'. You merely submit your application, the caseworkers asks for specific documents and then you wait. You will be sent to do your biometrics as part of the process in the centre. Once your application is complete, you will be called and given a decision and get all your documents back.

Have you booked an appointment yet?? They are very low on available slots up to beginning of August already.
Thank you for the reply, yes I have booked an appointment, it’s in 2 weeks and just making sure I’m adequately prepared.thanks

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:00 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:50 pm
Faithful01 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:57 pm
Don't include p60 if you can supply payslips, employer letter & bank statements.
Noted.thank you

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:21 pm
Faithful01 wrote:

Hello, wanted to clarify this, I would be going with our tenancy agreement showing both our names to the appointment, however if I’m not able to register with the council and include my name to the council tax bill before my appointment as I will only move in after the wedding, is the tenancy agreement sufficient as accommodation proof, would they fault us if we bring the council tax bill without only my partners name on it? Thanks

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Hello, wanted to clarify this, I would be going with our tenancy agreement showing both our names to the appointment, however if I’m not able to register with the council and include my name to the council tax bill before my appointment as I will only move in after the wedding, is the tenancy agreement sufficient as accommodation proof, would they fault us if we bring the council tax bill without only my partners name on it? Thanks

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi guys, I have a few questions concerning the flrm form,
1. do I need to list the bills in both our names in the section where it asks for anything we are paying together? if yes,
2. does that mean I have to fill in my income in the financial section (as we planned on using only my partners income as he makes above the required income)
3. I work part time with and agency so get different pay dependent on the hours I work, how do I then choose my monthly pay? Or should I just ignore that section entirely? Thank you.