ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) - decision pending for long time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

indie_tech
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 (General) - decision pending for long time

Post by indie_tech » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi guys,
I submitted visa applications under Tier 2 category (RCoS backed, 70 points), along with wife and two kids. The bio-metric was done on 1 May 2018 at Mumbai (India).

I have been following up UKVI to check the status - without much success, except for standard a response: "Application is under consideration". They have escalated the matter couple of times so far.
Separately, on 31 May 2018 I did received an email from UK Decision Making Centre (visainfo.shefo@fco.gov.uk) stating that they will not be able to process my application within 15 working days. However, there was no indication about our case being 'not-straightforward' or expected timeline for processing.

I gather from UKVI that there is no option to pay additional fees to fast-track the process once the application is submitted. Since more than six weeks have passed since bio-metric submission, I am a bit concerned. My work start date was set for first week of June, which obviously has passed now. Also, there is this issue of school admissions for kids etc.

What should one consider typical timeline for case such as mine? Couple of persons we know have received visa, even though their application was submitted after May 1st.
In case anyone has any suggestion for expediting the process in any manner, please do share. It seems I have exhausted all options at hand.

Thanks in advance!

indie_tech
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 (General) - decision pending for long time

Post by indie_tech » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:24 am

I am still waiting for response :(
Any feedback / suggestion would be really appreciated.

Thanks

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:29 am

indie_tech wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:24 am
I am still waiting for response :(
Any feedback / suggestion would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Apr month's statistics says that max time UKVI took for processing was 30 working days.(i.e. last 5% of those applications)
Based on that May should take similar time, if not a bit more processing tome as it is busier month too. It seems yours is delayed more. Unfortunately no one can understand why.

One question I can certainly answer is - dont worry about children academics - as in UK academic year starts Sep.

aniiii
Newly Registered
India

Post by aniiii » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:54 am

My wife and kid submitted visa application and gave biometric on 17 MAY 2018. Till now no response from UKVI and when I contacted they informed that"Decision is pending" . I am waiting eagerly to get a decision.

Type of Visa: Tier 2 Dependent (partner and child)
Date of Biometrics from Cochin, VFS, India- 17 May 2018

Its been 27 Working days over and no news still. Anyone who is in the same situation or went through the same situation, kindly comment on their Visa application timeline.

Thanks,
Ani

indie_tech
Newly Registered
India

Post by indie_tech » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:27 am

Thanks, ashishkm.

No luck so far. It is over 60 working days since biometric, as per my calculation. It is so so frustrating :shock:
I tried finding a visa agent to help me out. Seems they cant assist once the application is submitted!

Does anyone have idea if there is any upper limit to the processing timeline? UKVI website shows that all 100% of the applications are processed within 60 working days.

I am wondering how much more should I wait for the decision. Any general indication? So many things are on-hold due to this decision.

Hi aniiii - any update at your end?

Thanks in advance!

harry1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by harry1989 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi @indie_tech , have you received your visa or still waiting? I am also waiting from last 27 working days

indie_tech
Newly Registered
India

Post by indie_tech » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:00 pm

Finally got visa! It took 67 working days to approve, and collected the passport today - 70th working day. Process is glacially slow and frustrating...