ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

voldy1990
Newly Registered
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by voldy1990 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Milkround applications RMLT attracts 30 points (as opposed to 20 points for normal RMLT). It might just have been the case that the two people who posted their approvals miscalculated their points as 50 when in fact they were at actually at 60 (and must have been Milkround candidates). That seems to be the only logical explanation.

poojawakhare
Newly Registered
India

Post by poojawakhare » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:39 pm

UKTier2June2018 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:34 pm
jalison wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:23 pm
There is no sense guys.. why some people here with 50 points received their certificate one week ago.. and some guys with 55 point's are still waiting?
The guidance only says the decisions are made after the allocation meeting - however I presume most employers genuinely have not been notified about the results - this is because it is also in employers' interests to notify their prospective employees asap so they can commence their employment asap in order to create value rather than deliberately hold onto the information

I am thinking the latest series of changes in policies from Home Office might have had an impact on how decisions are being released - but this is a pure speculation
This could be true. My employer informed me that they should have response by 15th then informed that HO sent an email that the response is going to be delayed. Something's happening in background that we and the employer do not know probably. Hoping to see some positive effect this month for everyone.

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by jalison » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:40 pm

blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:31 pm
jalison wrote:
There is no sense guys.. why some people here with 50 points received their certificate one week ago.. and some guys with 55 point's are still waiting?
Maybe because those who have got their RCoS are busy planning their move to the UK, and those who haven't (like us), are glued to this forum watching every post in the hope of getting to know the cutoff! :roll:
Lol brilliant 😂

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Melsieau wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:57 pm
My hours haven’t changed and my contract has been the same since applying in January.

My understanding is that it is only shortage occupations which require a minimum of 30 hours?

I have emailed the Home Office but haven’t had a response yet.
All tier 2. You cannot work part-time on tier 2 for your main sponsor. 25 hours is part time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKTier2June2018
India

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:42 pm

thevocalmonk wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:35 pm
Based on the fact there has been no news all week, I think the initial 50-pointer was an anomaly.
He/she must not know the correct points (for e.g. his job might be in shortage occupation).
Based on a comment on this poll - https://poll.pollcode.com/46842448, everyone having greater than 60 points got the news on Day 1 and then absolutely nothing after that.

I took the pain of traversing through other months' threads and there was rejection/acceptance news in the first week itself.

Now that we have not heard anything on the Monday of second week, something is really different/odd this month. I just don't know whether it is good or bad news though. No basis to even make a calculated guess!

Good luck to us!
I agree - something unconventional is probably happening in this month - however I presume Home Office is also trying to let employers know their decisions asap as uncertainties are definitely not helping anybody - no good for prospective employers and certainly no good for UK employers either given Home Office would wish UK employers to thrive as well

OneAnxiousTeacher
United States of America

Post by OneAnxiousTeacher » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Does anybody know how employer-sponsored housing impacts salary? Does it increase the number of points?

I will be so heart-broken if I am refused. I am just a teacher and don't think my school will be able to wait extra months for me to arrive, unlike you business people :( :( :(

UKTier2June2018
India

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:47 pm

OneAnxiousTeacher wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:44 pm
Does anybody know how employer-sponsored housing impacts salary? Does it increase the number of points?

I will be so heart-broken if I am refused. I am just a teacher and don't think my school will be able to wait extra months for me to arrive, unlike you business people :( :( :(
According to my understanding of the policy is they would quantify the housing benefit into a monetary amount and that would be added onto your salary so your total benefits (for the purpose of calculating points) would be the sum of your gross salary and any other benefits you are entitled (in your case, your housing)

Melsieau
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Melsieau » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:01 pm

My immigration lawyer has said the current guidance only states that shortage occupations must be a minimum of 30 hours. She also mentions she has a sponsored employee who works 28 hours per week.

I’ve searched the guidance and can’t find any mention. if minimum hours other than shortage or for short terms contracts.

Any suggestions where I might find this?

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Melsieau wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:01 pm
My immigration lawyer has said the current guidance only states that shortage occupations must be a minimum of 30 hours. She also mentions she has a sponsored employee who works 28 hours per week.

I’ve searched the guidance and can’t find any mention. if minimum hours other than shortage or for short terms contracts.

Any suggestions where I might find this?
What's your salary on 25 hours? I wouldn't think PT is allowed, but I also can't see it anywhere. The only thing I can think is that your salary would be prorated by hours? Have you tried asking the Home Office why some of your submissions were refused and this one was rejected, they're pretty good about answering.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 pm

poojawakhare wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:39 pm
UKTier2June2018 wrote:
jalison wrote:
The guidance only says the decisions are made after the allocation meeting - however I presume most employers genuinely have not been notified about the results - this is because it is also in employers' interests to notify their prospective employees asap so they can commence their employment asap in order to create value rather than deliberately hold onto the information

I am thinking the latest series of changes in policies from Home Office might have had an impact on how decisions are being released - but this is a pure speculation
This could be true. My employer informed me that they should have response by 15th then informed that HO sent an email that the response is going to be delayed. Something's happening in background that we and the employer do not know probably. Hoping to see some positive effect this month for everyone.
What did the email say?

poojawakhare
Newly Registered
India

Post by poojawakhare » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm

thisB wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 pm
poojawakhare wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:39 pm
UKTier2June2018 wrote:
jalison wrote:

What did the email say?
My employer only informed me that they received an email saying the response is going to be delayed.

optimist08
Australia

Post by optimist08 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi guys,

I was just reading up and found that the UK government website has published Theresa May's speech that she made today- (link- https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/ ... -june-2018 )

Here is the relevant item as published by the UK Government:

"And we are taking doctors and nurses out of the Tier 2 Visa Cap with immediate effect."

I am guessing this confirms that the exemption shall be applicable with immediate effect? It cannot get more formal than this! Its the PM's speech and UK Government Website resorting this.

Hopefully, this is why there is an uncanny delay this time in receiving refusals or acceptances.

Batagin
Brazil

Post by Batagin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:56 pm

optimist08 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:36 pm
Hi guys,

I was just reading up and found that the UK government website has published Theresa May's speech that she made today- (link- https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/ ... -june-2018 )

"And we are taking doctors and nurses out of the Tier 2 Visa Cap with immediate effect."

I am guessing this confirms that the exemption shall be applicable with immediate effect? It cannot get more formal than this! Its the PM's speech and UK Government Website resorting this.

Hopefully, this is why there is an uncanny delay this time in receiving refusals or acceptances.
I hope this delay are caused for this reason...

OneAnxiousTeacher
United States of America

Post by OneAnxiousTeacher » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:57 pm

optimist08 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:36 pm
Hi guys,

I agree: I've just read the transcript of the speech, and I don't see any other way to interpret "And we are taking doctors and nurses out of the Tier 2 Visa Cap with immediate effect." It seems straight-forward and unambiguous to me.

This is GREAT news! I do wonder why it doesn't seem to be covered in the media, as it seems to be a change from the initially (much) cited intention to apply the new exemption policy on July 6.

But yeah, it seems very clear in the PM's speech. Thank you for linking this.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:12 pm

blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:22 pm
krimurthy wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:04 pm
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:35 pm
samhans12 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:06 pm

IT Auditor here. Can you guys please help me with the points calculation. Salary Range - 45 - 50K
**Second Attempt
Good to see big 4 and IT Audit chaps here. :D
You have 45 points mate (20 + 25, as illustrated below).
Oh great to see
Am too an IT auditor joing one of the big 4. Looks like somw of us gonna work together some day. Hope it's soon.
Yes, we all may end up working together after landing in the UK or after a couple of years! :D

I am an IT AUDITOR as well .. guys which big 4 though ... mine starts with a xxxxxx moderator edit.

poojawakhare
Newly Registered
India

Post by poojawakhare » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:20 pm

thevocalmonk wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:59 am
Happy Monday, all!

I created a poll last week to see the salary distribution of people waiting for a COS. I have created a fresh poll to get an updated view (assuming some people who voted in the previous poll might have got a decision by now).

I request ONLY those people to vote, who satisfy all these conditions below :
1) RCOS applied for you in the June panel
2) You are awaiting the result
3) Your job is in the non-shortage category
4) You were not offered a job through the milkround route

I have not created this poll for the shortage category as those applicants will surely get the RCOS irrespective. Also, I've created this on the basis on salary (and not points), as a lot of people are confused about the points calculation.

https://vote.pollcode.com/46842448

Please vote only once. Click on the "View" button if you wish to see the results later on.

Thanks
Looking back at the poll, none with salary more than 60k have voted. Have they received their CoS and not bothered to inform? Is anyone here with salary more than 60k still waiting, please vote everyone...!

mmohsin1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mmohsin1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:57 pm

poojawakhare wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:20 pm
thevocalmonk wrote:
Happy Monday, all!

I created a poll last week to see the salary distribution of people waiting for a COS. I have created a fresh poll to get an updated view (assuming some people who voted in the previous poll might have got a decision by now).

I have not created this poll for the shortage category as those applicants will surely get the RCOS irrespective. Also, I've created this on the basis on salary (and not points), as a lot of people are confused about the points calculation.

Please vote only once. Click on the "View" button if you wish to see the results later on.

Thanks
Looking back at the poll, none with salary more than 60k have voted. Have they received their CoS and not bothered to inform? Is anyone here with salary more than 60k still waiting, please vote everyone...!
Hi, why would a person person with salary of 60k or more will read these conversations

optimist08
Australia

Post by optimist08 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:01 pm

mmohsin1 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:57 pm
poojawakhare wrote:
thevocalmonk wrote:
Happy Monday, all!

Thanks
Hi, why would a person person with salary of 60k or more will read these conversations
hahahahahaha! :D

poojawakhare
Newly Registered
India

Post by poojawakhare » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:04 pm

optimist08 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:01 pm
mmohsin1 wrote:
poojawakhare wrote:
thevocalmonk wrote:
Happy Monday, all!

Thanks
Apparently this is the second poll in this thread and there were people with salary more than 60k who voted in the first one...😛

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:12 pm

poojawakhare wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:04 pm
optimist08 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:01 pm
mmohsin1 wrote:
poojawakhare wrote:

Apparently this is the second poll in this thread and there were people with salary more than 60k who voted in the first one...😛
Yep, 4 votes by people >=60k, last week - https://poll.pollcode.com/52681967_result?v :-P This bracket has disappeared this week (without updates) and it is down to 55-pointers and less. I just hope people serve the courtesy of posting outcomes here (successful or not). It's only fair!

optimist08
Australia

Post by optimist08 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:20 pm

I want to just say something and put this out somewhere-

I REALLY WANT THIS TO BE OVER FOR EVERYONE STUCK BUT SPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN STUCK SINCE DECEMBER. THIS IS JUST UNFAIR. IF THERE IS SOME HIGHER POWER, THIS WILL BE OVER SOON!

And I know this is stupid, but just wanted to say it. Thats all.

Im sorry again.

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:28 pm

optimist08 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:20 pm

I REALLY WANT THIS TO BE OVER FOR EVERYONE STUCK BUT SPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN STUCK SINCE DECEMBER. THIS IS JUST UNFAIR. IF THERE IS SOME HIGHER POWER, THIS WILL BE OVER SOON!

Im sorry again.
It's OK, optimist - living the spirit of your nickname. :)

In absence of any facts or concrete news, we (the June forum) have only speculated. The 400+ posts here have very little valuable information but it just helps to be in this together with other people. And yes, I hope there's an end to it soon for everyone involved.

maticskhadka
Mood:
Nepal

Post by maticskhadka » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:59 pm

optimist08 wrote:

Im sorry again.
I think they clearly mentioned new rules are effective from 6 july , so even may speaks and says immediate that is i think from july. and i am from 29 points i will be more happy if it's from june.

Hope2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hope2018 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:52 pm

As per my analysis,here are my thoughts;

Based on bbc news —> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44113324

No of refusal by Mar’18 (4 months) = 1600
With the same ratio up to June’18 refusals are = 2800
Calculating for above 30 to 40 by June (assumed 30% of 2800 are between 30 and 40) so for 70% of 2800 = 2800*.7 = 1960 (rounding backlog above 40 points to) = 2000
Assumed, medical per month 40% of 20700 = 700 but as per my understanding (not sure) due to their precedence and more vacancies from NHS it went more than 700 every month, even sometimes doctors are also refused their rcos which means no other professions gone through for sometime during this 7 months period??? (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 24831.html). So I hope the new rule change from Jul will allow all 2000 which means usually out of 1500 to 2000, 400 to 700 are above 40 points, 500 to 700 medical, 500 to 600 are remaining

With this assumption, for Jul’18 = 2000 (allowed) - 2700( backlog 2000 + new applicants above 40 = 400 to 700) = -700 backlog again in July

In Aug’18 = 2000 (allowed) - 1400( backlog 700 + new applicants above 40 = 400 to 700) = 600 extra may allow 40 and less will be through and no backlogs by this time???? FINGERS CROSSED.

optimist08
Australia

Post by optimist08 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:53 pm

maticskhadka wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:59 pm
optimist08 wrote:

Im sorry again.
I think they clearly mentioned new rules are effective from 6 july , so even may speaks and says immediate that is i think from july. and i am from 29 points i will be more happy if it's from june.

If you guys will read the change that has been implemented, the change says that how doctors and nurses no longer require a 'certificate of sponsorship'. The change (in the official immigration rules) does not say that the doctors and nurses will be exempted from the cap but still need a cos. So please understand, that YES, the change with regard to applications of doctors and nurses will be treated to not require a COS from 6th july, the change with regard to doctors and nurses requiring a COS is IMMEDIATE. There is no contradiction in what May has said and what the rules specify.

Read the official immigration rules for better understanding. Dont go by media articles! Since doctors and nurses no longer require a COS, they will be out of the cap immediately i.e. from June 15, 2018. And that is why the HO is taking this long to notify employers.