ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP-Huge Whatsapp Chat Log

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zee92
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Help

Post by zee92 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Salam,

I am applying my wife's spouse visa from Pakistan. New to this so please need guidance around process.

- Is VAF4A appendix 2 submitted as a paper copy seperate to online application?

-What documents need to be taken to Gerry's office during biometric appointment?

-Bit confused about information on Gerry's website, will all docs be scanned at Gerry's office or do I need to send them to Sheffield or Both need to happen?

- Do all documents need to be separated using Barcode separator on VFS website or not for sending to Sheffield?

- Where do I need to pay NHS surcharge?

- Is there seperate fee for appointment at gerry's office or is it all covered under application fees?

Will be a great help if someone can answer above questions?

Thanks
Zee

zee92
Newly Registered

Scanning at Gerry's or Sending Documents to Sheffield?

Post by zee92 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:34 am

Hi,

I am applying for my wife's spouse visa, who is in Pakistan. Reading through Gerry's website, it states that:

"A scanning process for settlement supporting documents in the Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and Mirpur Visa Application Centres has been introduced. This will affect where you need to send your supporting documents."

Question I have is, do we need to take all supporting documents and get them scanned during biometric appointment OR post them to Sheffield OR need to do both??

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Scanning at Gerry's or Sending Documents to Sheffield?

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 am

I think you did not read it carefully. That scanning process is at the moment for tier 1/2/4/5 category applicants only.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Pakistan/pd ... rators.pdf

For spouse visa after biometrics all original documents need to be sent to Sheffield.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zee92
Newly Registered

Re: Scanning at Gerry's or Sending Documents to Sheffield?

Post by zee92 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:39 am

Thank You Seagul, much appreciated.

zee92
Newly Registered

Acting Up Role With Current Employer

Post by zee92 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:56 am

Hi,

I am applying my wife's spouse visa. Need help with filling part 3A of appendix 2.

I am a permanent employee in an organisation since Jan, 2016 at salary of £30k.

Since Aug, 2017 I have been in an acting up role within the same organisation at salary of £40k. Once this acting up role ends, I will go back to £30k role.

I have letter from employer confirming this acting up role at £40k and also confirming that I am permanent employee at £30k.

I am confused on filling details in Section 3A of appendix 2. I have to mention £40k salary as it shows on my payslips for last 6 months which makes me category A.

But what shell I select "Temporary employment or Permanent"?

Also what shell be my start date of employment Jan, 16 or Aug, 17

I will put explanation in Part 5 but confused with the tick boxes in part 3A.

*Please help*

Regards
Zee

Alam-
Mood:

Re: Acting Up Role With Current Employer

Post by Alam- » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:24 pm

zee92 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:56 am
Hi,

I am applying my wife's spouse visa. Need help with filling part 3A of appendix 2.

I am a permanent employee in an organisation since Jan, 2016 at salary of £30k.

Since Aug, 2017 I have been in an acting up role within the same organisation at salary of £40k. Once this acting up role ends, I will go back to £30k role.

I have letter from employer confirming this acting up role at £40k and also confirming that I am permanent employee at £30k.

I am confused on filling details in Section 3A of appendix 2. I have to mention £40k salary as it shows on my payslips for last 6 months which makes me category A.

But what shell I select "Temporary employment or Permanent"?

Also what shell be my start date of employment Jan, 16 or Aug, 17

I will put explanation in Part 5 but confused with the tick boxes in part 3A.

*Please help*

Regards
Zee
Employment start date would be 2016 and that would be a permanent job.

zee92
Newly Registered

Re: Acting Up Role With Current Employer

Post by zee92 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Thank You Alam.

What shell I put as Job title?

"Role A" orignal job
or
"Role B" acting up role
or
"Role A currently working as Role B"

Regards
Zeeshan

zee92
Newly Registered

HELP-Huge Whatsapp Chat Log

Post by zee92 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:01 am

Hi All,

Need your guidance on relationship evidence. I am applying my wife's spouse visa from Pakistan and we have been using whatsapp (chat, calls and video calls) and viber out-calls as communication.

I have took:
-screen shots of Viber outcalls, showing date, time, duration of calls and her number. Add screen shots on word document ( 4 per page).

-screen shots of whatsapp calls and video calls log, showing her name a profile picture. Again added screenshots on word document (4 per page).

-screen shots of actual whatsapp video calls showing both of us during video call. I have alot of them but only added 12 random screenshots.
Do I need to add anymore or will these be enough?

- extracted whats chat via(txt file) to e-mail. This is coming up to 376 pages. And if I take screenshots of whole chat, it will be even more pages.
Do I need to take screen shots of chat or send txt file?
Do I need to send such a big chuck to home office or do I need to pick few out and send that? If picking few is ok then how many should be sufficient?
Do I need to add actual conversation or just showing date/time because actual conversation is very private?

Also I have added following to a word document:
- Engagement pics
- Wedding pics
- Few Pics of us together after Engagement and wedding.

Also added:
-Tickets and boarding cards of myself and family who travelled with me.
-Nikkah Nama Urdu and english translation(attested)
-Nadra Marriage Certificate

Please let me know about whatsapp chat and also if above mentioned stuff is enough to proof relationship.

Many thanks
Zee

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HELP-Huge Whatsapp Chat Log

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:06 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zee92
Newly Registered

Post by zee92 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:25 am

Sorry CR001. Wasn't aware.

Can you or someone please guide me on these communication and relationship documents?

Thanks
Zee

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:01 am

zee92 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:01 am
Hi All,

Need your guidance on relationship evidence. I am applying my wife's spouse visa from Pakistan and we have been using whatsapp (chat, calls and video calls) and viber out-calls as communication.

I have took:
-screen shots of Viber outcalls, showing date, time, duration of calls and her number. Add screen shots on word document ( 4 per page).

-screen shots of whatsapp calls and video calls log, showing her name a profile picture. Again added screenshots on word document (4 per page).

-screen shots of actual whatsapp video calls showing both of us during video call. I have alot of them but only added 12 random screenshots.
Do I need to add anymore or will these be enough?

- extracted whats chat via(txt file) to e-mail. This is coming up to 376 pages. And if I take screenshots of whole chat, it will be even more pages.
Do I need to take screen shots of chat or send txt file?
Do I need to send such a big chuck to home office or do I need to pick few out and send that? If picking few is ok then how many should be sufficient?
Do I need to add actual conversation or just showing date/time because actual conversation is very private?

Also I have added following to a word document:
- Engagement pics
- Wedding pics
- Few Pics of us together after Engagement and wedding.

Also added:
-Tickets and boarding cards of myself and family who travelled with me.
-Nikkah Nama Urdu and english translation(attested)
-Nadra Marriage Certificate

Please let me know about whatsapp chat and also if above mentioned stuff is enough to proof relationship.

Many thanks
Zee
There is no fixed guideline as how many pages of What's up/viber/Skype chat/video need but based on common sense they should be sufficient enough to cover the duration especially when couples are sitting far. And in my opinion screen shots are better than emailing/exporting the communication from What's up/viber. Also original pictures better than copy pasting on word document.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zee92
Newly Registered

Post by zee92 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:40 am

Thank You Seagul.

zee92
Newly Registered

Post by zee92 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:25 am

Hi All,

Preparing all following documents. Can you please check if anything else is required:

Print of Online Application form submission
Appendix 2
Covering letter from my wife
Consent letter from me
Wife's passport copy
Wife's Pakistani ID Card copy
Mine British passport copy
Mine Pakistani ID card copy

Nikkah Nama Urdu
Nikkah Nama English Translation(Notary Attested)
NADRA marriage certificate
NOT Got foreign office attestation of above. Will it be ok? Or shell we get it done.

6 months Pay slips
6 Bank Statements (Ordered via Natwest call centre. Blank and white. Will that be ok?)
Employer Letter

Tenancy Agreement
Inception Report
Letter from estate agent confirming that wife will be allowed to live in the property.
Council Tax Bill
Electric and Gas Utility Statements for last 3 months

Wife's Ielts Test Certificate
Wife's TB Test Certificate ( Did in April valid till Oct, will that be ok?)

Boarding Cards and passport stamps of when I travelled to Pakistan.

Confirmation emails of Gifts delivery to wife

217 Screen Shots Whatsapp Chat (Starting from Oct,17. One screen shot per day showing date, time and actual messages)

50 Screenshots of whatsapp voice and video calls log. Covering every call between us on whatsapp since oct last year. Showing date/time of call, type of call (voice or video) her name and profile pic.

20 Screenshots of actual whatsapp video calls showing both of us.

42 Screen shots Viber Out Call log showing her number, date/time and duration of calls. Covering all viber out calls between us.

23 emails confirming google payments for viber out call package for Pakistan.

25 Pics of us together during Engagement, wedding and time spent together after wedding.

Western Union money transfer confirmation emails for send her money.

Copy of all of above

Please let me know if I have missed anything or have added anything which is not required.

Many Thanks
Zee

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:40 am

zee92 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:25 am
Hi All,

Preparing all following documents. Can you please check if anything else is required:

Print of Online Application form submission
Appendix 2
Covering letter from my wife
Consent letter from me
Wife's passport copy
Wife's Pakistani ID Card copy
Mine British passport copy
Mine Pakistani ID card copy

Nikkah Nama Urdu
Nikkah Nama English Translation(Notary Attested)
NADRA marriage certificate
NOT Got foreign office attestation of above. Will it be ok? Or shell we get it done.

6 months Pay slips
6 Bank Statements (Ordered via Natwest call centre. Blank and white. Will that be ok?)
Employer Letter

Tenancy Agreement
Inception Report
Letter from estate agent confirming that wife will be allowed to live in the property.
Council Tax Bill
Electric and Gas Utility Statements for last 3 months

Wife's Ielts Test Certificate
Wife's TB Test Certificate ( Did in April valid till Oct, will that be ok?)

Boarding Cards and passport stamps of when I travelled to Pakistan.

Confirmation emails of Gifts delivery to wife

217 Screen Shots Whatsapp Chat (Starting from Oct,17. One screen shot per day showing date, time and actual messages)

50 Screenshots of whatsapp voice and video calls log. Covering every call between us on whatsapp since oct last year. Showing date/time of call, type of call (voice or video) her name and profile pic.

20 Screenshots of actual whatsapp video calls showing both of us.

42 Screen shots Viber Out Call log showing her number, date/time and duration of calls. Covering all viber out calls between us.

23 emails confirming google payments for viber out call package for Pakistan.

25 Pics of us together during Engagement, wedding and time spent together after wedding.

Western Union money transfer confirmation emails for send her money.

Copy of all of above

Please let me know if I have missed anything or have added anything which is not required.

Many Thanks
Zee
NADRA issued English marriage certificate don't need any attestation. I hope your wife done ielts test at ukvi approved centre and of required type A1. TB test at least should be valid at application time.

zee92
Newly Registered

Post by zee92 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:41 am

Thank You Seagul.

Yes IELTS A1 was done at approved centre.

Is it good to go?

zee92
Newly Registered

Post by zee92 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:45 am

Hi,

Just a couple of more questions please:

- Condused about arranged marriage question. We were introduced to each other by our families i.e. arranged marriage setting but families left it to us to decide if we want to get married to each other. We started talking/chatting in Oct17, gave our decision to our families that we would like to get married in nov 17, got engaged in dec17 and married in March18.
Will it still be arranged marriage in Appendix 2?

- Do we need to add a cover letter with whole story or info given on form is enough?
-If we do need to add a cover letter, should it ve a joint statement or by one of us or individual letters by both?

Thanks
Zee

zee92
Newly Registered

Post by zee92 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi All,

Made a mistake while paying priority fee on vfs website. Choose application type "Marriage" instead of "Settlement". Made payment on VFS of £212 instead of £573.

I have requested a refund but its not letting me change application type on VFS against the visa application reference number.

Cant start new request for priority visa application as it comes up that its ref number is already registered.

Cant find any contact details to call them. Any help on what can I do???

Regards
Zee