ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 EUFAM after got separated

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ronanmuller
Newly Registered
Brazil

Stamp 4 EUFAM after got separated

Post by ronanmuller » Wed May 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi
I got a doubt regarding my stamp 4EUFAM which will expire only in 2021. I have been married for 2 years and I managed to get my stamp4 eufam 1.5 years ago. we are now separated. Not divorced yet. She is living with some relatives in Ireland and I've stayed in our old home in Ireland as well. I am working here as an engineer in a multinational company around 1,5 years. She is an IT professional working for another company in Dublin also around 1.5 years. My question is, what will happen with my visa from now on? will I lose it? I will travel in September to visit my family. Is there any risk to be deported or my get my entrance denied in the airport when I come back? My life is here. I got a rent to pay, several bills including credit cards, my personal belongs is in my house in Dublin. My concern is the border have information about my situation and denied my entrance. I am no European and she is Spanish.
Thanks

Dubman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 EUFAM after got separated

Post by Dubman » Tue May 08, 2018 9:31 am

Sorry to hear that as you are now separated.
Basically, the rules apply you must be with your wife for 2 years and 1 year within the state. It makes 3 years.

Now it looks like you were with your wife for 1.5 year. You must prove it to authority that you were with your wife for 2 years. To do this all your utilities bill or bank statements names should be both of your names also you have to convince your wife that you were together for 2 years.

There won't be any problems with your residence card as long as your wife stays in the state and continue her job. It is a rule that she must continue her job.
Another thing you have to do is you have to let immigration know about your relationship changes but not now. It is may be 3/4 years later. Your Solicitor will advise you about it when to do this.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:08 am

as long as your spouse is still economically active your right to remain in the state is valid

you should be married to her for three years and one year should be in state with her.

separation doesn't mean your marriage is ended.

there is nothing written anywhere in EU directive or the Regulation 2015 that both parties has to live in the same house hold to establish they are married.
you and your spouse can decide at any time that you want to be back together.

the immigration must let you in the state to give you a chance to make your case to prove why should you be or not be in state.
the law says the minister has to write to you and propose to revoke your visa in the language you understand and give you 15 days appeal.

get your self a decent solicitor I think you will be fine as long as your spouse cooperate with you because you will need to proof her employment and address in Ireland so you might need document from her.

ronanmuller
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by ronanmuller » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 pm

I can travel abroad, okay? I have 3 trips coming up to see my family and some friends abroad. There is some chance that immigration will deny my entry, even though I prove that I have a good job, several bills to pay, and I still married. We have not got a divorce yet. Legally married

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:11 pm

you must notify EU treaty rights section that your separated according to the law it shouldn't have an effect on your visa but not informing them will going to raise concerns they might propose to revoke your visa.

when your informing them make sure to tell that your spouse is in the same country and she is still working and if the lines of reconciliations are still open your should also tell them that. best if you can ask your wife to give you recent payslips and few utility bills in her name and send them along with the letter.

I cant answer your question but if I was in your shoes I wouldn't travel abroad before making sure that my visa is 100% valid.

ronanmuller
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by ronanmuller » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Unfortunately I have to travel. I dont think the immigration will deny my entry. Also it would be a big loss to several irish instituitions like the company I work for due the amount of taxes I have been paid and credit cards and rent bills. I believe if my wife does not inform the immigration they wont be able to know our situation. I just cant inform they because we are not sure if we will jump on to a divorce. Our situatiion is undefined.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:07 am

:mrgreen:
May be you you can put a break on your delusion of grandeur and get back in touch with reality.
You are nothing but a tiny EU4FAM card holder. Ireland doesn't need you , its you who needs Ireland right now thats why you are here. Ireland and the company are two separate entities and of course if the company needs you they can sponsor a work permit.

Here is my personal experience like they say in India take it or leave :D :

I never separated from my spouse but a few time when i came back in the country travelling alone they sometimes asked routine questions: where is your wife , are you still together, where is your address (You are free to lie now. But at that point you wont know if they have the info )

You go a really good response above on what u need to do.

Again nothing may happen in short term you may be fine but its on you and your luck

Good luck.

ronanmuller
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by ronanmuller » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:41 am

Thanks for your reply. I understand your point. Honestly, there are two main things that are concern myself. First of all my situation as I said is undefined with my wife so make no sense stay out of Ireland without finish everything. After all, I supposed divorce is different to separated and every place in the world. Second, of course, I know Ireland don't need me and to be honest again I don't need Ireland as well. My concern is just about my marriage. We are stuck in an undefined situation that could have become a resumption or a finally broke. But the immigration should not decide for us. The only information they have (if they have) is my wife is living with her relatives in other house for a while.
I don't want to live like a rat in a hole just because I got personal problems. that's my real concern. A normal life should be lived anywhere.
Anyway, you highlighted exactly what I need to know.. how the immigration will get this information (we are living in separated houses) and what kind of question they will make.