ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

optimist08
Australia

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by optimist08 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:14 pm

And if you think about it logically, a RCOS is valid till 3 months, if doctors are given a RCOS this month, for which they can apply only till 5th july, does it make any sense?

When the window for their applications only have changed, why will they still keep issuing them a RCOS?

optimist08
Australia

Post by optimist08 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:19 pm

astana wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:11 pm
I just wish I knew what it meant for points/everyone else... I got my job in January and I’m still waiting with no relief!
Please dont worry! Things have been sorted out for doctors and nurse. So just a few more days of patience! And you will get what you deserve! Wishing you all the luck! :)

voldy1990
Newly Registered
India

Post by voldy1990 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:40 pm

I was just informed by my immigration law firm that it would probably be another week for all the results to come out.

UKTier2June2018
India

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 pm

voldy1990 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:40 pm
I was just informed by my immigration law firm that it would probably be another week for all the results to come out.
How did they get the estimate on the timeline?

voldy1990
Newly Registered
India

Post by voldy1990 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:44 pm

UKTier2June2018 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 pm
voldy1990 wrote:
How did they get the estimate on the timeline?
Probably through communication with HO. But they were not explicit about this.

optimist08
Australia

Post by optimist08 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:50 pm

voldy1990 wrote:
Great news!

UKdecapp2017
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by UKdecapp2017 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Hi everyone.

I am following this board since everything started but I was too shy to post. I am applying since December and refused all months. Non SOL, Non NHS, and not that sure about my points (38-40 maybe) but I have a MSc from the UK, so I am not sure if I have extra points. I have never had this conversation with the Immigration Team. I emailed my employer for more details about my situation, if I get extra points, the current situation with the HO, etc, so that I ll keep you all posted when I get answers.

This is the first time I post, and I think it helps because I do not feel alone in this situation. Not everyone understands what we are going through.

Good luck to everyone.

blitzkrieg333

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:59 pm

astana wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:11 pm
I just wish I knew what it meant for points/everyone else... I got my job in January and I’m still waiting with no relief!
We are in this with you mate. You are not alone! Wait for some more time, and we all shall sail through. :)

blitzkrieg333

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:02 pm

UKdecapp2017 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:17 pm
Hi everyone.

I am following this board since everything started but I was too shy to post. I am applying since December and refused all months. Non SOL, Non NHS, and not that sure about my points (38-40 maybe) but I have a MSc from the UK, so I am not sure if I have extra points. I have never had this conversation with the Immigration Team. I emailed my employer for more details about my situation, if I get extra points, the current situation with the HO, etc, so that I ll keep you all posted when I get answers.

This is the first time I post, and I think it helps because I do not feel alone in this situation. Not everyone understands what we are going through.

Good luck to everyone.
Please can anyone help me direct to the clause in the RCoS rules, where it is mentioned that someone who has studied in the UK gets awarded extra points. Earlier too, someone mentioned that the guy with 50 points who got the RCoS on Day 2, got his RCoS because he studied in the UK.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:14 pm

optimist08 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:03 pm
Akrao wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:00 pm
Akrao wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:03 am
Hello everyone. I have been following this forum closely.. I am a doctor with NHS and my gross payscale is above 60k but unfortunately half of it is shown as banding(43+21).. I am assuming for this reason i ve been rejected cos consecutively since Jan despite banding being a guaranteed income.. Its rejected again this month and I am assuming its cos my HR has shown it as 43+21k again despite my best efforts... So my points will be around 43.. if not it should ve been accepted... So people around 40s should prepare for next month i suppose... I think me being a doctor my cos will be sorted out next month... Best wishes to all
Hello again guys my HR told me I dont have to reapply before 5th July and it will be considered on 12th July.. So I am assuming all NHS doctors and nurses r being diverted to that date as a seperate entry portal... So non NHS candidates can still expect some good news this month... My refusal might not be points based.. Best wishes everyone
EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING SINCE YESTERDAY. DOCTORS AND NURSES ARE BEING TAKEN OUT OF THE RCOS WINDOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS CONFIRMATIONNN!
I do believe that the nurses and doctors are exempted from the cap once the announcement was made.

However my only doubt is that why do they need to refuse a doctor and postpone It to next July 6. What about the doctors who are in shortage occupation, did they get approval probably that will help us understand better.

If a doctor has got approval in shortage occupation then it will be contradicting.

Dauk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dauk » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 pm

blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:02 pm
UKdecapp2017 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Good luck to everyone.
Please can anyone help me direct to the clause in the RCoS rules, where it is mentioned that someone who has studied in the UK gets awarded extra points. Earlier too, someone mentioned that the guy with 50 points who got the RCoS on Day 2, got his RCoS because he studied in the UK.
The RCOS has nothing to do with you personally. The RCOS is about the position. The points are all based on what the position requires. Where you studied isn't relevant. The way this system is designed to work is the company advertises an opening in their company locally in the UK\EU when they cant fill it they ask for permission(a RCOS) to hire someone internationally. Once they get the RCOS they then select an international candidate and assign them an RCOS. Getting the job first and then waiting on the RCOS is getting the cart before the horse and makes the whole thing seem a lot more confusing.

The points I think your likely referring to are the additional 10 points an employeer gets if the Resident Labour Market Test requirement was met through a 'Milkround' for new graduate jobs or internships.

Again it has nothing to do with you but instead what your potential employer has done to try and fill the position locally from the UK or EU.

optimist08
Australia

Post by optimist08 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:11 pm

krimurthy wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:14 pm
optimist08 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:03 pm
Akrao wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:00 pm
Akrao wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:03 am
Hello everyone. I have been following this forum closely.. I am a doctor with NHS and my gross payscale is above 60k but unfortunately half of it is shown as banding(43+21).. I am assuming for this reason i ve been rejected cos consecutively since Jan despite banding being a guaranteed income.. Its rejected again this month and I am assuming its cos my HR has shown it as 43+21k again despite my best efforts... So my points will be around 43.. if not it should ve been accepted... So people around 40s should prepare for next month i suppose... I think me being a doctor my cos will be sorted out next month... Best wishes to all
Hello again guys my HR told me I dont have to reapply before 5th July and it will be considered on 12th July.. So I am assuming all NHS doctors and nurses r being diverted to that date as a seperate entry portal... So non NHS candidates can still expect some good news this month... My refusal might not be points based.. Best wishes everyone
EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING SINCE YESTERDAY. DOCTORS AND NURSES ARE BEING TAKEN OUT OF THE RCOS WINDOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS CONFIRMATIONNN!
I do believe that the nurses and doctors are exempted from the cap once the announcement was made.

However my only doubt is that why do they need to refuse a doctor and postpone It to next July 6. What about the doctors who are in shortage occupation, did they get approval probably that will help us understand better.

If a doctor has got approval in shortage occupation then it will be contradicting.
Agreed. If there is a doctor that has got approval in shortage occupation this month, then it will definitely be contradicting. But till now we have not seen any such case.

Moreover, they are not delaying any doctors. The doctors have been simply asked to apply for a tier 2 visa post 6th july under the new system where they dont require a RESTRICTED COS. This is according to me simply an administrative decision, as they had to open the window till 5th july to ensure other doctors who have recieved a RCOS in the previous months have enough time to utilise the RCOS and apply for a tier 2 visa under the former rules.

optimist08
Australia

Post by optimist08 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:18 pm

It is also important to point out here that not all doctors and nurses are exempted from the cap, only doctors code 2211 and nurses code 2231 has been exempted. So please be mindful of the fact that only these categories of doctors and nurses will be exempted.

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 pm

If they have exempted doctors/nurses from this month itself then it will be really great for the people with 40 odd points next month then the rest of 30+ in August hope our speculation is true.

optimist08
Australia

Post by optimist08 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:23 pm

If there is anyone on this forum who has been granted a RCOS this month and falls under the category doctor code 2211 or nurse code 2231, please let us know. Because then it will contradict my analysis.

optimist08
Australia

Post by optimist08 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:24 pm

krimurthy wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 pm
If they have exempted doctors/nurses from this month itself then it will be really great for the people with 40 odd points next month then the rest of 30+ in August hope our speculation is true.

Yes 40+ definitely sailing through this month if our analysis is correct. Praying for the best. Fingers crossed.

UKdecapp2017
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by UKdecapp2017 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Dauk wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 pm
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
UKdecapp2017 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Good luck to everyone.
The RCOS has nothing to do with you personally. The RCOS is about the position. The points are all based on what the position requires. Where you studied isn't relevant. The way this system is designed to work is the company advertises an opening in their company locally in the UK\EU when they cant fill it they ask for permission(a RCOS) to hire someone internationally. Once they get the RCOS they then select an international candidate and assign them an RCOS. Getting the job first and then waiting on the RCOS is getting the cart before the horse and makes the whole thing seem a lot more confusing.

The points I think your likely referring to are the additional 10 points an employeer gets if the Resident Labour Market Test requirement was met through a 'Milkround' for new graduate jobs or internships.

Again it has nothing to do with you but instead what your potential employer has done to try and fill the position locally from the UK or EU.
Thank you for the information. First time I heard about this UK studies condition was here and in this link from a UK immigration practice:

Third party weblink removed by moderator

But again, I am not sure about this condition and I asked my employer and the Immigration team because I cannot verify this in the actual rules, hopefully when I get this response I ll be able to share with everyone to clarify.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:48 pm

UKdecapp2017 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:41 pm
Thank you for the information. First time I heard about this UK studies condition was here and in this link from a UK immigration practice:

But again, I am not sure about this condition and I asked my employer and the Immigration team because I cannot verify this in the actual rules, hopefully when I get this response I ll be able to share with everyone to clarify.

Thanks.
Kindly refrain from posting links from third party immigration solicitors or advisors. This is not permitted. Post links from official sources only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blitzkrieg333

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:56 pm

UKdecapp2017 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:41 pm
Dauk wrote:
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
UKdecapp2017 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks.
I saw this article earlier today, and couldn't understand how this candidate with 50k salary got additional points for a degree he/she studied in the UK, because as per my best knowledge there is no such provision to award additional points for degrees studied in the UK, unless the position is filled through the Milkround process.

blitzkrieg333

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Dauk wrote:
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
UKdecapp2017 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Good luck to everyone.

Thank you for explaining. :D I used to think exactly the same, before some posts here started mentioning additional points for a degree studied in the UK. I don't know what's the source of their info, but it sure as hell created a lot of confusion in my mind. And I was not at all referring to additional 10 points a candidate gets from the Milkround process. I am well aware of that process.
Thanks for clearing the air. Cheers!

Rps42010
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rps42010 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I am also in the same the boat . I had 40 points non shortage list(Software developer). My employer was applying for RCOS since December . This month on 5th June , he called and informed that they are going to withdraw my offer letter as they are not sure that if the points are coming down in near future :(.

This month's conversation has given me some hopes . Do you guys suggest that I should talk to my employer to re instate my offer and apply for the RCOS in July ?

Thanks
Raj

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by jalison » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry for this silly question... but what that means the status "Under Review"? I was trying to find some information and I read that the HO asked about Further information... that is it?

Thank you

Dauk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dauk » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Rps42010 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Hi everyone,

I am also in the same the boat . I had 40 points non shortage list(Software developer). My employer was applying for RCOS since December . This month on 5th June , he called and informed that they are going to withdraw my offer letter as they are not sure that if the points are coming down in near future :(.

This month's conversation has given me some hopes . Do you guys suggest that I should talk to my employer to re instate my offer and apply for the RCOS in July ?

Thanks
Raj
Your employer would have had to get a Resident Labor Market test. They likely completed this in Nov. These are only good for 6 months so they'd likely have to re advertise the position for 28 days to see if any locals in the UK can fill the position before you could reapply. So likely Aug at the earliest. As for the likelihood of reaching to 40 that is a wait and see prospect everyones got there oppinion and likely the only opinion that counts for you is your potential employeers as they are the ones that have to spend the time \ money to process the paperwork.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Rps42010 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:41 pm
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Raj

yes definitely speak to them but I would suggest is to wait for the results of the RCOS and then approach them .. you need to back your words with some evidence that would be agreeable with them , to reinstate your offer, I am sure they know about the news as well and might be just waiting for the points to fall before approaching you

Pray and hope for the best the doctors and nurses have been removed already, which might be likely given that the results have been delayed this long since the announcement on 15th June , but then again this is pure speculation, time will tell have some patience and either approach them end of the month if the points have dropped or end of next month.

sudhanaga
Newly Registered
India

Post by sudhanaga » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:20 am

50k,non SOL and IT - just received an update from employer that , nothing has been changed in the status.