ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult child dependent on mothers spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chavy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Adult child dependent on mothers spouse visa

Post by Chavy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:00 pm

You are on your mothers spouse visa as a dependent child, which was issued to you when you were under 18, but now you are an adult over 18.

If you were to get married or if you were to move to a different address would that have an impact your extension or indefinitely stay (would you still be classed as a dependent), I would be grateful for any kind reply, thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Adult child dependent on mothers spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:10 pm

If you get married and live an independent life, then yes it does impact the ability to apply for ILR.

Who are you asking for??

Your previous post in 2015 suggests ILR was already applied for.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/sending-addi ... l#p1157021
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chavy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Chavy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Thank you for the swift reply CR001, I'm asking on behalf of someone else.

In my case my wife is now a British Citizen, in the process, was sick with worry (lost my hair), spent a fortune (could have built myself a palace and lived life as a king), have 2 young kids who do what they want (bits of food everywhere, drawing on the walls, grubby fingers, daddy I need a pee, buy me this My Little Pony buy me that Paw Patrol) and shes' extended her gratitude and has me sleeping on the couch (says I snore loudly and I do) :cry: , she assigns me chores and if I don't meet her every wish, she has an explosive tantrum, but theres definitely no going back now :D .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:09 pm

How old is the child you are therefore asking about and how long has the child been in the UK??

Who is the ILR/BC sponsor of the mother/child??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chavy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Chavy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Child arrived last month, on a spouse dependent visa but now is 18 years old, the sponsor is the stepfather.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:45 pm

She cannot lead an independent life and continue on her current visa. She also cannot sponsor a 'spouse' on her current visa (just in case that was a question).

To qualify for a visa extension and ILR, the follow point does unfortunately apply, links below of FLR(M) and ILR Set(M) Guidance Notes.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... l_2017.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 8-2017.pdf
Dependent children aged 18 or over must show that they have not formed their own family unit or be leading an independent life.
Char (CR001 not Casa)