ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my ILR get rejected for driving a car before resident (183days not spent in UK)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dev_da321
Newly Registered

Will my ILR get rejected for driving a car before resident (183days not spent in UK)

Post by dev_da321 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi All,

Could you please suggest me whether my ILR will be successful or not.
I enter to UK on 15th May 2015 with tier 2 general visa (valid from 9th April 2015 to 29th April 2020). Within a month I got a car and started driving (not aware of spending 183days to become resident). Later I come to know that this was not the actual case until I go for UK provision licence (provision licence received on 03/11/2016). However, no insurance provider stopped me to get insurance at inital stage. I got full UK licence after couple months and driving as usual. No points/conviction in my DVLA licence profile.

So its all about not obeying the law - will my ILR get rejected for this reason?
I'm going to explain about it in ILR application for safe-side - Is this okay to explain?

Any advice?

Thanks and Regards,
Dev D