ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KrisCross
Newly Registered

Post by KrisCross » Fri May 02, 2008 8:52 pm

Please can some one reply to my query. I'am planning to show the details of the salary credited to bank as below and as proof show 3 duplicate statements of September month.
Request Any one who has gone through the same situation and applied or applying for tier 1 to provide your valuable advice.

Payslip Info Bank Statement info

From To Salary_Credit_Date Amount
15/07/2007 31/07/2007 04/09/2007 xxx
01/08/2007 31/08/2007 04/09/2007 xxxx
01/09/2007 30/09/2007 28/09/2007 xxxx[/list]

Cheers
Kris

rahsmp

Re: WP to TIER-1 in ONE DAY

Post by rahsmp » Fri May 02, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi Piyush,
Answers are inline
piyush123 wrote:Hi,

I have come to the UK on WP 5 days back and now want to switch to TIER-1.
1.I've already got the HSMP approval letter in India. Can I apply for TIER-1 at this point of time and what would be the cost of application if i have the HSMP Approval letter. Will this approval letter work in UK too (if not expired)??
I think you can apply fot Tier1 (I got HSMP approval but from here only) if it is not expired.
Please check in your Approval letter it is mentioned that you can apply for FLR if you are in UK.

Fees for application is £350.

2. Also, please let me know what are the list of docs I need to apply with for TIER-1 as per the case above.
1. Teir1 application duely filled.
2. HAMP approval letter
3. Bank statements(3 months) fo rmaintanance funds
Please note £800 at the time of application should be balance if you are applying alone, for each dependent it £1600 in addtion to yours if you apply before June 29th.
4. Marriage certificate (for depedent spouse) -a seperate application need to be filled in
5. DOB certificate (for dependent childerns)- -a seperate application need to be filled in

3. If I apply for TIER-1 2-3 months down the line, do I need to send my wage slips too to the HO. Pls suggest.

Wagw slips are not mandatory documents.

Please suggest.

Thank you!!

rahsmp

Post by rahsmp » Fri May 02, 2008 10:11 pm

Hi ,

I think there is no need to send 3 duplicate copies of statements , just highlight these transactions in the Bank statement .

Make a seperate spreadsheet mention date on which your salry credited for each month and also mention this in the covering letter also.
-ra

KrisCross wrote:Please can some one reply to my query. I'am planning to show the details of the salary credited to bank as below and as proof show 3 duplicate statements of September month.
Request Any one who has gone through the same situation and applied or applying for tier 1 to provide your valuable advice.

Payslip Info Bank Statement info

From To Salary_Credit_Date Amount
01/09/2007 30/09/2007 28/09/2007 xxxx[/list]

Cheers
Kris

sankar

Post by sankar » Sat May 03, 2008 6:01 am

Hi Cris,
From your previous email I understood that your salary didn't come to your bank account. But, if it has come to your account, thats great. But never forget to give a note saying that reason why the salary was credited altogether.

Regarding bank statement, its absolutely fine, if you show duplicate bank statement. Please keep in mind that the internet printout will not work. You have to order for statements. And, it should have bank's logo and your name addr and a/c name clearly. The reason why I am telling this is I have HSBC, UK a/c. While I tried taking a internet print out, the logo disappeared and the print was not looking like a real one. So, please be aware.

Sorry that I delayed in replying. I have no access in office.
Cheers,
Sankar
KrisCross wrote:Hi Shankar,

Thanks for your reply. In my case i haven't got P60 and i have to apply asap since i may have to go back by June end. Unlike you i have to include Jul,August months for previous earnings since we have to show continous 12 months. I'am not sure whether my company will provide letter stating the amounts recevied for jul,August separately. What if i provide 3 printouts of the September bank statement and attach an excel sheet in which i show clearly the amount deposited and the date for the 12 months i'am claiming? AS you can see in my september bank statement i do have 3 separate entries for these salary credits of Jul,Aug and Sept. Kindly advise and guide me

So basically:

Period Covered Bank Statement Info
From To Date Amount

01/09/2007 30/09/2007 28/09/2007 xxxx

piyush123

Post by piyush123 » Sat May 03, 2008 6:09 am

Hi rahsmp,

Thanks a lot for your input.
I believe that your reply to my point#3 is not accurate.
If you're in the UK, the main applicant needs to show only 800 GBP of maintenance fund only for one month, and that also you can show it at a time. I mean no need to maintain it for a month. This is applicable only if you'e in the UK and apply for TIER-1 before June 29. In simple words , actually this is a discrimination done by UK govt with the ppl applying from India.

Also, the thing you wrote is correct as per the new rule launched initially in the UK. But later on, they modified the rule as I stated above.

rahsmp wrote:Hi Piyush,
Answers are inline

1.I've already got the HSMP approval letter in India. Can I apply for TIER-1 at this point of time and what would be the cost of application if i have the HSMP Approval letter. Will this approval letter work in UK too (if not expired)??
I think you can apply fot Tier1 (I got HSMP approval but from here only) if it is not expired.
Please check in your Approval letter it is mentioned that you can apply for FLR if you are in UK.

2. Also, please let me know what are the list of docs I need to apply with for TIER-1 as per the case above.
2. HAMP approval letter
Please note £800 at the time of application should be balance if you are applying alone, for each dependent it £1600 in addtion to yours if you apply before June 29th.
4. Marriage certificate (for depedent spouse) -a seperate application need to be filled in
5. DOB certificate (for dependent childerns)- -a seperate application need to be filled in

3. If I apply for TIER-1 2-3 months down the line, do I need to send my wage slips too to the HO. Pls suggest.

Please suggest.

Thank you!!
[/quote]

sankar

Post by sankar » Sat May 03, 2008 8:18 am

Hi All,
Anyone got approval??? Any good news from anyone???

Since a long we have no approval news. :oops: :roll: :?:

nibbs08

hi everyone

Post by nibbs08 » Sat May 03, 2008 8:38 am

Hi everyone
Just thought of informing u all that my HSMP extention & swiiching to Tier 1 has been granted for 3 years.Time line is

applied by special delivery-4th april
fees deducted - 7th april
reference no - 7th april
passport stamped - 28th april
docu+pp recieved - 3rd May - by special delivery post
(self addressed send with application)

Thanks a lot for this wonderful platform which has been of tremendous help in filling up the forms and emotional suppot :D

nibbs

rahsmp

Post by rahsmp » Sat May 03, 2008 8:56 am

Hi Piyush,

If you can read my comments correctly, I have said this .
you need to show £ 800 at the time of application
Since you said you are already in UK I did not mention people applying from India.

Please read this
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

-Ra
piyush123 wrote:Hi rahsmp,

Thanks a lot for your input.
I believe that your reply to my point#3 is not accurate.
If you're in the UK, the main applicant needs to show only 800 GBP of maintenance fund only for one month, and that also you can show it at a time. I mean no need to maintain it for a month. This is applicable only if you'e in the UK and apply for TIER-1 before June 29. In simple words , actually this is a discrimination done by UK govt with the ppl applying from India.

Also, the thing you wrote is correct as per the new rule launched initially in the UK. But later on, they modified the rule as I stated above.

rahsmp wrote:Hi Piyush,
Answers are inline

2. HAMP approval letter

Please suggest.

Thank you!!
[/quote]

junior

Re: hi everyone

Post by junior » Sat May 03, 2008 10:46 am

Hi nibbs08,

congrats on getting Tier1 approval.
I have got couple of queries as I am also in the same boat as you
HSMP to Tier1.

1. During this period i.e application date till 03 may did you made any progress check with the HO? If yes what was their reply? Did that reply made any indications about your actual application status ?

2. When was your HSMP visa expiring? and how many days/weeks before you applied?

3. also shall be wonderful if you could share your application details i.e docs and any specific covering letter etc

thanks

regards,
junior
nibbs08 wrote:Hi everyone
Just thought of informing u all that my HSMP extention & swiiching to Tier 1 has been granted for 3 years.Time line is

reference no - 7th april

Thanks a lot for this wonderful platform which has been of tremendous help in filling up the forms and emotional suppot :D

nibbs

KrisCross
Newly Registered

Post by KrisCross » Sat May 03, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks rashmp and sankar your valuable suggestions.
I plan to write a detailed earnings section covering letter and also spread sheet data as suggested. It will be really helpful if you could mail me a copy of your previous earnings section cover letter to kumarnair79@gmail.com.

Please clarify my below doubt about maintenance fund

I'm applying within UK so as per the transitional agreement for my wife's application including mine i need to show a bank statment with closing balance of 1600(dependent) + 800(mine) pounds only. There is no other proof needed for maintenance fund plz confirm

Cheers
Kris

junior

Re: HSMP Expiring on 30 June 2008

Post by junior » Sat May 03, 2008 11:06 am

Hi rajivferroin,

IMHO looking at the way HO is processing applications and the time lines taken by them and assuming that they have the same team for all categories of tier1(general) I would strongly advise apply ASAP.

play safe and apply as soon as you can.

yes you can use separate sheet for university name in case it is not fitting the blocks also mention that in your cover note...

if possible get a letter from your employer for that specific months saying that xxx amount was paid to u as your salary for the months of XXX to XXX.

naric letter of comparbility costs around 40 pounds try and get it to make your application as strong as you can so that they don have any room to think otherwise...

make sure ur bank stmnts cover your last salary credit and rest they can understand I don see why you should be worrying too much on that

your 7 point is a little tricky i myself don know the answer to the same...it will be more apt on our part to wait and watch for any news on bia website or may be some one more knowledgebale in this matter can advise u.

hope this helps

junior
rajivferroin wrote:I am on HSMP in UK, got the approval on 30th June 2006, expiring in 30th June 2008. Now HSMP is not available so i need to apply for extension under Tier1 which will be for 3 years.

1. How much time before my visa expiry i can apply for tier1. Is it 1 month definite or i can apply now also i.e 2 months before expiry.

2. If i apply today and say home office gives visa on 15th June, will they give visa starting from the date when my visa expires (30th June 2008) or they will start any day want.

3. Also in application form my university name is not coming fully in the blocks given, can i write outside the blocks on same page.

4. I dont have few salary slips in original, they have lost in post, and company has given photostat with attestation on it. Will that be fine.

5. My bachelors and masters both are available on self assessment tool, so do i still need to go for any letter from NARIC.

6. If i apply on 28th May, can i give bank statement last bank statement till 2nd May 2008, because HSBC generates monthly statement on 2nd of every month. Or do i need to show the balance on the day on which i am applying.

7. As per the new ruling on HSMP, will i be evaluated as per new rules or old rules apply for me. Is there information on homeoffice website on this.

rajivferroin

HSMP Expiring on 30 June 2008

Post by rajivferroin » Sat May 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Dear Junior (friend)

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to talk to customer service of tier1 and they clarified 2 points:

1. I should not apply 6 weeks prior to my HSMP expiry.

2. If form is not having enough blocks for university name then write some part of university in shortform (abbv) and mention in cover letter. Thats what you have also mentioned.

Ok then i am going for Naric valuation, thanks for your suggestions.

Regards
rajivferroin

sankar

Post by sankar » Sat May 03, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi KrisCross,
Yes, your calculation is correct. 800 + 1600 is reqd if both you and your wife are here in UK for some couple of months. I don't know if HO expects your account to be a joint account or not (to ensure that your wife has direct access to funds). It could be better if you call HO and clarify. In my case, I have a salary a/c which is a joint account.

I can confirm that you need only one bank statement which should have a closing balance of more than 800 + 1600 (if applying from UK). And, the statement SHOULD HAVE BEEN generated within a month time before you apply. For example, you applied on 15th May. Then you should have a statement generated after 15th April.

Hope you are clear.
Best of luck. My tension time is going on. Don't know whats going onnn. I applied on 17thApril and waiting like MAD. Counting days, hours and minutes. :oops:

Cheers.
Sankar

KrisCross wrote:Thanks rashmp and sankar your valuable suggestions.
I plan to write a detailed earnings section covering letter and also spread sheet data as suggested. It will be really helpful if you could mail me a copy of your previous earnings section cover letter to kumarnair79@gmail.com.

Please clarify my below doubt about maintenance fund

I'm applying within UK so as per the transitional agreement for my wife's application including mine i need to show a bank statment with closing balance of 1600(dependent) + 800(mine) pounds only. There is no other proof needed for maintenance fund plz confirm

Cheers
Kris

KrisCross
Newly Registered

Post by KrisCross » Sat May 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks Shankar very much. I really hope to hear the good news from you soon, all the best.

Abhishek,

I have finally got the indian ICICI bank statement but they have generated the statement for the entire period like 01/05/2007 to 14/07/2007 instead of giving separate statement for each month. I hope its alright to go ahead with it ?. Did you also happen to get the same way?

Please reply.

Thanks
Kris

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Please answer my queries

Post by tieronevisa » Sat May 03, 2008 8:51 pm

Hi Friends,

I am planning to apply for tier1 visa from India. I have one query, please answer this

--> I get my salary in a joint account (savings bank account where i am joint with my husband), will this be an issue ? Though i have equal rights in this account.

Any reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nasir Raza

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:20 am

Piyush,

1. If you applied for HSMP approval from India, I don't think you will be able to switch to Tier 1 visa from within UK. Please check with BIA if you are allowed to do so.
2. Read the Tier 1 policy guidance. You will find all the information in there about supporting documents.
3. As above.

regards
piyush123 wrote:Hi,I have come to the UK on WP 5 days back and now want to switch to TIER-1.

Please suggest.

Thank you!!

sankar

Re: Please answer my queries

Post by sankar » Sun May 04, 2008 8:42 am

Hi tieronevisa,
You needn't worry for joint account. Thats absolutely fine.

~Sankar
tieronevisa wrote:Hi Friends,

I am planning to apply for tier1 visa from India. I have one query, please answer this

--> I get my salary in a joint account (savings bank account where i am joint with my husband), will this be an issue ? Though i have equal rights in this account.

Any reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nasir Raza

sankar

Re: hi everyone

Post by sankar » Sun May 04, 2008 8:44 am

Hi nibbs08,
Congrats for the approval. Wish you a successful career ahead.

I am still waiting and this waiting time is killing. I know you can understand. :roll:

~ Sankar
nibbs08 wrote:Hi everyone

reference no - 7th april

nibbs

akuk77
Newly Registered

General Tier 1 Query

Post by akuk77 » Sun May 04, 2008 11:01 am

Hi,

I had a query for those who received their PBS Tier 1 approvals. I suppose most of you are based in UK at the moment and made a switch from WP to PBS. Now when you received the approval, did you mention about the change in the immigration status to your employer.

Cheers!!!
Akuk77

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Joint bank account

Post by tieronevisa » Sun May 04, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Sankar,

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Does any one know some one or some case where a joint account was used for showing earnings and the decision was positive?

The reason i am asking this is because one of the agent in UK told me that the joint account could be a problem (which is hard to beleive!), so just making sure.

And another query
--> My degree certificate is in hindi. I am planning to get a legal translation done. Will this be acceptable or do i need to do anything extra for.

--> My Marriage certificate has text in hindi and english as well. Do i need any translation for this as well?

Thanks.

bbn1982
Newly Registered

Post by bbn1982 » Sun May 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi twinkletwinkle and gqq

Congratulations to you both.....I'm also planning to apply for WP->Tier1 switch....

I would appreciate if you can please tell me what happens to WP after getting Tier 1. Does WP still hold valid? If it becomes void then my current employer will get to know, in fact I'll myself have to tell them.

And pls mention anything important for this specific scenario i.e. WP-Tier 1 switch......I've to apply for myself + 1 dependent.

will appreciate ur feedback.

Thanks

piyush123

Post by piyush123 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:38 am

Hi hsmpinuk70,

Thanks for the reply!

But I believe that if anyone has got 'HSMP Approval Letter' in India and he is on WP in UK, that 'HSMP Approval Letter' can be used to apply for TIER-1 provided it is still valid (before six months). I got this info from Home Office CC. But I got it over the phone.
Now, as you said that I cannot apply for TIER-1 in the UK if I got the approval here in India, can you please give any written evidence, any link etc......Are you firm, are you sure. Becoz, your answer actually confused me. If you've any solid information then please let me know. Thank you!!!!!

hsmpinuk70 wrote:Piyush,

1. If you applied for HSMP approval from India, I don't think you will be able to switch to Tier 1 visa from within UK. Please check with BIA if you are allowed to do so.
2. Read the Tier 1 policy guidance. You will find all the information in there about supporting documents.
3. As above.

regards
piyush123 wrote:Hi,I have come to the UK on WP 5 days back and now want to switch to TIER-1.

Please suggest.

Thank you!!

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:10 am

Suggest you check with BIA and get it in writing from them that you can apply for visa switch from within UK even if your HSMP application was made from India.

I wouldn't trust the telephone operators who don't have a clue about the immigration laws and are, in all likelihood, 3rd party contractors. If I were you, I'll lay my trust on a written confirmation.

This is just a suggestion .. up to you to ignore it or follow it. All the best.

regards

sankar

Post by sankar » Mon May 05, 2008 6:30 am

HI hsmpinuk70,
Is it really possible that HO will give you something written? I don't think so. And, as evidence you can refer your telephonic conversation (if they confirm over phone). All phone calls are recorded.

~sankar
hsmpinuk70 wrote:Suggest you check with BIA and get it in writing from them that you can apply for visa switch from within UK even if your HSMP application was made from India.

I wouldn't trust the telephone operators who don't have a clue about the immigration laws and are, in all likelihood, 3rd party contractors. If I were you, I'll lay my trust on a written confirmation.

This is just a suggestion .. up to you to ignore it or follow it. All the best.

regards

abhishekagrawal79

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:00 am

Hi Kriss,

Yes its fine. Just make sure that you highlight the entries of your sal with the highligher so that it is easy for the case worker.

Abhishek
KrisCross wrote:Thanks Shankar very much. I really hope to hear the good news from you soon, all the best.

Abhishek,

I have finally got the indian ICICI bank statement but they have generated the statement for the entire period like 01/05/2007 to 14/07/2007 instead of giving separate statement for each month. I hope its alright to go ahead with it ?. Did you also happen to get the same way?

Please reply.

Thanks
Kris