ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krimurthy
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by krimurthy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:20 pm

I don't recommend this just wait for few more months how many points do you have.

You can't change the employer, if yes there is a cool off period of one year and in case if you want to stay there is no ILR eligibility.

Don't be desperate better things awaits you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:21 pm

blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:15 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:49 pm
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:47 pm
Guys need your advice:

Just spoke to the HR, he asked if I am willing to move to the UK on an ICT Tier 2 Long Term visa now after facing refusal for last 7 months. What should I do? I have 50 points, and have faced refusals since December.
Do you work for the same employer in your home country??

ICT does not lead to ILR after 5 years.
Yes, I work for the same employer in my home country.
I am thinking better spend 5 happy years in the UK than spend these dreadful months waiting for an RCoS. Still doubtful, please help!
ICT is a different process so best to open your own topic and post rather than asking about tier 2 ICT in the tier 2 general rcos thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

voldy1990
Newly Registered
India

Post by voldy1990 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 pm

blitzkrieg333 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Guys need your advice:

Just spoke to the HR, he asked if I am willing to move to the UK on an ICT Tier 2 Long Term visa now after facing refusal for last 7 months. What should I do? I have 50 points, and have faced refusals since December.

I am thinking better spend 5 happy years in the UK than spend these dreadful months waiting for an RCoS. Still doubtful, please help!
Hello, we can connect separately on this. But you need to weigh various pros and cons before you make a decision.

With 50 points you stand a decent chance to get through next or the subsequent month, but that is ofcourse a big gamble (and no one will be able to give you more certainty whether it happens or not at 50 points).

With ICT Visa you can keep extending till I think 5 years. But then you need to take a one year cool off compulsorily. If you leave the company or decide to switch at any given point in time during this period, there is a one year cool off in which you cannot work in UK. These considerations need to be weighed in with your personal aspirations and were you see yourself in these 5 years (as it is a long period of time).

Happy to connect on DM if you wish to discuss this further.

amazingbabu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amazingbabu » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Still no news for 55 :cry:

blitzkrieg333

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:25 pm

krimurthy wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:20 pm
I don't recommend this just wait for few more months how many points do you have.

You can't change the employer, if yes there is a cool off period of one year and in case if you want to stay there is no ILR eligibility.

Don't be desperate better things awaits you.
I have 50 points.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:26 pm

voldy1990 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 pm
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Guys need your advice:

Hello, we can connect separately on this. But you need to weigh various pros and cons before you make a decision.

With 50 points you stand a decent chance to get through next or the subsequent month, but that is ofcourse a big gamble (and no one will be able to give you more certainty whether it happens or not at 50 points).

With ICT Visa you can keep extending till I think 5 years. But then you need to take a one year cool off compulsorily. If you leave the company or decide to switch at any given point in time during this period, there is a one year cool off in which you cannot work in UK. These considerations need to be weighed in with your personal aspirations and were you see yourself in these 5 years (as it is a long period of time).

You don't have "DM" access.

Members are reminded to post in public so that all may benefit and all can offer advice any incorrect or dubious advice can be corrected.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blitzkrieg333

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:21 pm
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Guys need your advice:

ICT is a different process so best to open your own topic and post rather than asking about tier 2 ICT in the tier 2 general rcos thread.
Okay. Thanks.

blitzkrieg333

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:26 pm
voldy1990 wrote:
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Members are reminded to post in public so that all may benefit and all can offer advice any incorrect or dubious advice can be corrected.
Moderator, how can one get DM access?

blitzkrieg333

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:33 pm

voldy1990 wrote:
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Guys need your advice:

Thanks for this. I will get in touch after you get DM access.

voldy1990
Newly Registered
India

Post by voldy1990 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:26 pm
voldy1990 wrote:
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Apologies. Was not aware of this and thanks for reminder.

supervic93
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by supervic93 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm also in the disappointing position of having 50 points and having just been refused for this month. I have a few questions -

1. Does anyone know what the minimum points were this month? Was it 51 or 56?

2. How does one get the "extra" points that aren't multiples of 5? E.g. if the points are based off of RLMT and Salary, it seems like everything is a multiple of 5 (30,35,40,45,50,55... etc points). What makes one have 51 or 56?

3. I assume the answer is no, but does anyone know if there's another way to start working in the UK as a foreigner? E.g. some sort of temporary worker contract? If I have the right to travel to the UK as a tourist, would starting work while my visa was being processed be totally impossible?

4. For anyone who has a "training program" as part of their job that starts in the summer, is anyone worried about being able to attend this without the visa? Have you heard from your employers other ways to be able to attend? Can I attend the training on just a tourist visa?

5. Has anyone with 50 points had offers rescinded by their employers? I'm really really panicking about this possibility.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 pm

supervic93 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:49 pm
I'm also in the disappointing position of having 50 points and having just been refused for this month. I have a few questions -

2. How does one get the "extra" points that aren't multiples of 5? E.g. if the points are based off of RLMT and Salary, it seems like everything is a multiple of 5 (30,35,40,45,50,55... etc points). What makes one have 51 or 56?

3. I assume the answer is no, but does anyone know if there's another way to start working in the UK as a foreigner? E.g. some sort of temporary worker contract? If I have the right to travel to the UK as a tourist, would starting work while my visa was being processed be totally impossible?

4. For anyone who has a "training program" as part of their job that starts in the summer, is anyone worried about being able to attend this without the visa? Have you heard from your employers other ways to be able to attend? Can I attend the training on just a tourist visa?

5. Has anyone with 50 points had offers rescinded by their employers? I'm really really panicking about this possibility.
3. It is not permitted to work on a tourist visa in any capacity, paid or unpaid, or volunteering. Unless you qualify for a tier 5 visa, there is no other quick route
Char (CR001 not Casa)

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 pm

supervic93 wrote:

The minimum points for this month are not known yet. Essentially, the 55k-60k band is pending.

Milkaround RLMT gives you 30 points (instead of 20) and you could get 21 points for your salary.

You can't work on a tourist visa.

You can attend a training program on a business visa, but not on a tourist visa. The business visa can allow you to remain in the UK for a maximum of 60 days

Possible, but I've no basis to answer this. You can encourage your employers to try for 1 more month in the light of recent changes to remove doctors and nurses from the Tier 2 cap

UKTier2June2018
India

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 pm
supervic93 wrote:

3. It is not permitted to work on a tourist visa in any capacity, paid or unpaid, or volunteering. Unless you qualify for a tier 5 visa, there is no other quick route
If your UK employer has an overseas office and has many overseas businesses, you can join their overseas offices first and start working as their overseas worker then continue to sort out your UK visa

supervic93
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by supervic93 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:01 pm

thevocalmonk wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 pm
supervic93 wrote:

The minimum points for this month are not known yet. Essentially, the 55k-60k band is pending.

Milkaround RLMT gives you 30 points (instead of 20) and you could get 21 points for your salary.

You can attend a training program on a business visa, but not on a tourist visa. The business visa can allow you to remain in the UK for a maximum of 60 days

Possible, but I've no basis to answer this. You can encourage your employers to try for 1 more month in the light of recent changes to remove doctors and nurses from the Tier 2 cap
Thanks for your detailed answers. Could you elaborate on that business visa? I don't see that on the immigration website.

Also - to be clear, my employer has not mentioned rescinding the offer yet, I'm just wondering if this is something that commonly happens as a result of visa/immigration issues.

Pouf101
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Pouf101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:01 pm

supervic93 wrote:

Seems the 55s in the forum have not received either refusal or approval yet, so we should know tomorrow.

51 and 56 are purely numbers to make it clear which bands of points were approved or otherwise - they don't necessarily represent a number of points you can get (eg. When the cut off was 51, everyone with 50 was refused, and everyone with 55 and above was approved. If it had been 50, that may have led to confusion as to whether the 50 band was approved or not.)

Unless you are eligible for another visa route (ancestry etc.), no.

The 2nd part of your question is a big no. That is a violation of immigration law and both you and yout employer could be seriously penalised (eg. You not be granted entry to the country in the future / visa refused / monetary sanctions on employer).

Assuming the training is paid, you cannot attend on a tourist visa.

No clue. Depends on how valuable to the company, I would say (ie. are you easily replaceable or would it take significant resources and time to find someone else with your skill-set). They'll have to weight the benefits of waiting it out.
Answered directly in the text. Hope it helps.

supervic93
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by supervic93 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:02 pm

UKTier2June2018 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:58 pm
CR001 wrote:
supervic93 wrote:

If your UK employer has an overseas office and has many overseas businesses, you can join their overseas offices first and start working as their overseas worker then continue to sort out your UK visa
Thanks for replying. If you do this though, does that mean you need to have a contract in that country? Does that also mean you're forced to work for years and then apply for an ICT Tier 2 visa? Or can they continue to apply for the Tier 2 General while you just work out of the other office?

UKTier2June2018
India

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:04 pm

supervic93 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:01 pm
thevocalmonk wrote:
supervic93 wrote:

Thanks for your detailed answers. Could you elaborate on that business visa? I don't see that on the immigration website.

Also - to be clear, my employer has not mentioned rescinding the offer yet, I'm just wondering if this is something that commonly happens as a result of visa/immigration issues.
I believe it is all down to separate negotiation with your employer - they can withdraw their offers if they so wish but I wouldn't say it is common until they have had a couple of tries

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:05 pm

supervic93 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:01 pm
thevocalmonk wrote:
supervic93 wrote:

You're welcome. I just checked and the business visa has been replaced by the standard visitor visa.
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

However, we are going off topic with this discussion, and thus best to create a new topic in the relevant section. :)

UKTier2June2018
India

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 pm

supervic93 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:02 pm
UKTier2June2018 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
supervic93 wrote:

Thanks for replying. If you do this though, does that mean you need to have a contract in that country? Does that also mean you're forced to work for years and then apply for an ICT Tier 2 visa? Or can they continue to apply for the Tier 2 General while you just work out of the other office?
yeah - you can get a contract in that country - bear in mind in many other countries the process is a lot shorter and the turnaround is a lot quicker (I worked in more than one Asian countries in the past where work visa is pretty much next day and you just go and fill up some forms and take some photos)
you are never forced to work for anyone - you can quit at any time if you feel like
also - you can apply for both ICT (bear in mind there are other conditions for ICT such as you need to have worked for that company for at least 12 months)
They can still apply for Tier 2 since Tier 2 is with a UK employer and it does not matter who else or which country you are currently working

supervic93
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by supervic93 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:38 pm

UKTier2June2018 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 pm
supervic93 wrote:
UKTier2June2018 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

yeah - you can get a contract in that country - bear in mind in many other countries the process is a lot shorter and the turnaround is a lot quicker (I worked in more than one Asian countries in the past where work visa is pretty much next day and you just go and fill up some forms and take some photos)
you are never forced to work for anyone - you can quit at any time if you feel like
also - you can apply for both ICT (bear in mind there are other conditions for ICT such as you need to have worked for that company for at least 12 months)
They can still apply for Tier 2 since Tier 2 is with a UK employer and it does not matter who else or which country you are currently working
Okay. Thanks for the elaboration. Of course I know you're not "forced" to work anywhere haha, what I meant was are you required to work at that location for a certain amount of time in order to switch to the UK. But you answered that. Thank you.

Last question (and sorry for asking so many) - the next move for everyone is just to reapply for the July RCOS, correct? And we're operating under the assumption that with the removal of doctors and nurses (in certain positions, etc.) the points are likely to go down? Has anyone heard this advice from a more official source? Immigration consultant or HR Immigration team?

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:45 pm

blitzkrieg333 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Guys need your advice:

this is entirely your decision to make , u should just decide for yourself asking everyone will only cause more confusion , with the current visa rules if u want to stay in uk for longer than 5 years then dont do it , but if u finally do plan to move back to india at some point then go for it.... I know many people who like uk and want to stay and there is also a high percentage who dont like it and move back to their home countries, even though they have valid visas..

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:55 pm

supervic93 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:38 pm
UKTier2June2018 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 pm
supervic93 wrote:
UKTier2June2018 wrote:

Okay. Thanks for the elaboration. Of course I know you're not "forced" to work anywhere haha, what I meant was are you required to work at that location for a certain amount of time in order to switch to the UK. But you answered that. Thank you.

Last question (and sorry for asking so many) - the next move for everyone is just to reapply for the July RCOS, correct? And we're operating under the assumption that with the removal of doctors and nurses (in certain positions, etc.) the points are likely to go down? Has anyone heard this advice from a more official source? Immigration consultant or HR Immigration team?

No one knows buddy hypothetically the points should drop , but again it depends on the number of applications with higher points.. since most companies have given their employees higher salaries , it might be the case that there are fewer now with low points and a high percentage with high points even though nurses were included in the RCOS this month that is about 400 RCOS there were still 1600 RCOs available which have been distributed to the higher points (60 plus.. still waiting to see if 55 went through ), but the visa issue will settle at some point , just hard to predict if it will be the next month or the month after or maybe 6 months.. everyone is just guessing as are the immigration experts , even the home office will not be able to answer your questions, as this would entirely depend on the number of applications next month.. July should have around 2700 RCOs available as per my calculation ( 2000 for the month , 400 from the nurses off the cap and about close to 300 carried forward from the previous 3 months ) but still hard to predict given that now the backlog at 50 will also be considerably high ( around 500 +)....the solution offered by the home office and the PM did sort out the problems for the doctors with lower points but us who are not doctors or employees of the NHS are still in this mess

OneAnxiousTeacher
United States of America

Post by OneAnxiousTeacher » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:59 pm

For people who have been through this in previous months, do you think it is certain that we'll learn if 55 goes through tomorrow? They aren't going to extend the wait longer than that, are they?

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:01 pm

I would suggest if your plan is too stay over 5 years in uk then wait , otherwise go for the ICT option and spend 5 years in uk.. and your flag is American I would assume you are American , so I dont see why you would want to spend your life in uk , I get it for the other nationalities here as these are 3rd world countries , but your country is as good as uk in every way.