ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AWAITING DECISION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alee38
Newly Registered
Canada

AWAITING DECISION

Post by alee38 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:45 pm

My name Aleem. I am British citizen, I recently got married to a Canadian. On the 31of May 2018 my wife went to get her biometerics done.

I am curious how long the spouse visa will take to process. I have phoned them the home office twice. On the first occasion I was told that it will take 60 working days and me to phone them a week later. I phoned the second time they told complete different story on the how the processing works and said it should be process we will send you email immediately to escalate the case. I told them on phone that i have not received email. and they mentioned the server maybe slower. It been more 48 hours since i phoned I have not received any email. On the second conversation they told me phone again on the 2nd july.

My question how long do need to waiting according to gov.uk wesite it only take 15 days https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... canada/all ?

Should i escalate this with home office?

Many Thanks
Aleem

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AWAITING DECISION

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:49 pm

What visa category have you applied for?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alee38
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by alee38 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:45 am

I have applied for a spouse visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 am

It can take more than 15 days in most cases for spouse visa, some have waited in excess of 60 days. The link you have provided is only for PBS Tier 5 route and Visitor visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alee38
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by alee38 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:01 pm

I would like to know the internal stages which the application goes through? The second question is; Once you received that the visa is accepted what happens next.How long does it take for the spouse to join the partner after the visa is accepted?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:15 pm

1. We don't work for HO so can't tell you what their internal processes are. HO check that all requirements are met and that all supporting documents are original and correct etc.

2. A visa app being accepted and a visa being approved are two different things. If the visa is approved, the applicant gets a visa vignette in their passport which is valid for 30 days and must travel to the UK in that time and collect their biometric visa card within 10 days of arriving.
Char (CR001 not Casa)