ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How does one build a profile for an exceptional talent (digital) endorsement - (not exceptional promise)?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ATDI
Newly Registered
India

How does one build a profile for an exceptional talent (digital) endorsement - (not exceptional promise)?

Post by ATDI » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:43 am

Is there someone who has got the endorsement in the exceptional talent (not exceptional promise) category? What are the points on which to build the profile on?

presidentialiq
Newly Registered

Re: How does one build a profile for an exceptional talent (digital) endorsement - (not exceptional promise)?

Post by presidentialiq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:56 am

ATDI wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:43 am
Is there someone who has got the endorsement in the exceptional talent (not exceptional promise) category? What are the points on which to build the profile on?
Hi, yes! I was endorsed under "Exceptional Talent" at the age of 23! To be honest, from experience - I don't think "building the profile" is the ideal thing to do if you are planning on applying rightnow!

I say this because when I was gathering my documents to apply, all of the things I had to show were from what I had done in the past in my career, I didn't even know I would to show them one day as an evidence in the future.

So, except you are planning to apply in the next 2,3 or 5 years, then you can start "building your profile" by working on projects or startups that aligns with what Tech Nation wants to see. But if you are planning on applying rightnow, you would need to have the skillsets or experience they want to see already in you!

I have a blogpost that outlines how I got endorsed at a young age even though am not a hardcore programmer or tech guru. Check it out here. "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" personal blog weblink removed by moderator
All the best!

AlexW
Newly Registered

Re: How does one build a profile for an exceptional talent (digital) endorsement - (not exceptional promise)?

Post by AlexW » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:14 pm

Try to get some papers, patents; participate in open source projects/programming competitions; also you may consider creating of education YouTube channel/applications in App Store/deliver speeches on meet-ups etc. But I believe it may take a bit of time - some history is required and efforts to create a proper story.