ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by cali1234 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:10 pm

[quote=cali1234 post_id=1649299 time=1529607677 user_id=189128]
I would suggest if your plan is too stay over 5 years in uk then wait , otherwise go for the ICT option and spend 5 years in uk.. and your flag is American I would assume you are American , so I dont see why you would want to spend your life in uk ,

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:11 pm

OneAnxiousTeacher wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:59 pm
For people who have been through this in previous months, do you think it is certain that we'll learn if 55 goes through tomorrow? They aren't going to extend the wait longer than that, are they?
you will know soon I guess but most likely it is rejected at 55 as well , as nurses were included this month and no one from 55 has been approved so far ..been on this thread since January 2017 its always been the case so far .. first 3-4 days ia all the acceptance following which are the refusals

Jabba03
Australia

Post by Jabba03 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:05 pm

Put me out of my misery already :D , fifth month applying, now at 55points after long negotiations and still looks like it won't get through. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

worldlukie
Mood:
Australia

Post by worldlukie » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 am

Hi Guys

On 50pt no SOC refused! Don’t think I’ll continue to try, perhaps I’ll wait till next year.

supervic93
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by supervic93 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:15 am

worldlukie wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 am
Hi Guys

On 50pt no SOC refused! Don’t think I’ll continue to try, perhaps I’ll wait till next year.
What do you mean by no SOC?

flighttolondon
Newly Registered
India

Post by flighttolondon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:30 am

Hi guys - I have read many articles and the UKVI doc reagarding the point calculation. However I m not able to understand it fully. My Ctc is 70k - break up is

Basic 54k
Company car cash alternative 5k
Bonus 3k
Others 8k

Please let me know what should be my points for the calculation of Rcos

I m non SOl non NHS - no phd

worldlukie
Mood:
Australia

Post by worldlukie » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:37 am

supervic93 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:15 am
worldlukie wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 am
Hi Guys

What do you mean by no SOC?
No shortage occupation, I was going over as a general Manager of a hotel group.

Jabba03
Australia

Post by Jabba03 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 am

Crazy that 55 points might not get through this month (I seem to have lost hope that I will be approved later today) considering it got through last month and with the carry over + being able to borrow 100 certs from July there is an extra 250 certificates available this month.

Pouf101
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Pouf101 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:18 am

Jabba03 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 am
Crazy that 55 points might not get through this month (I seem to have lost hope that I will be approved later today) considering it got through last month and with the carry over + being able to borrow 100 certs from July there is an extra 250 certificates available this month.
Same! Sending positive vibes to us 55-ers!! 🤞🤞🤞

watsy
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by watsy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:31 am

Pouf101 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:18 am
Jabba03 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:01 am
Same! Sending positive vibes to us 55-ers!! 🤞🤞🤞
Trying to remain positive on 55 points also, non sol, non phd. Hopefully we get through and it frees up some space for subsequent months.

Longneck
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Longneck » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:48 am

50 points . Got refused again this month. My company has been trying since Nov 2017. In Nov 17, my point was 45. Company increased my salary to 50K in March, in which I also did not get thru as the point for Mar was 55-60k. Then come April, due to the RLMT was expired company needed to do the RLMT again in April. I should have gotten thru in April as the point was 46 then, that was the only month that I was qualified fo among the last couple of failed months ! but was not able to apply due to the expired RLMT . Ha, how unlucky that could be!

I am not a forum person, maybe I am too shy, but I feel an urge to come here just to let you know that you guys are wonderful: you have shared your knowledge and concerns, you stayed positive and kept people's spirits high and comforted each other. UK needs people like you guys here, at least you bring the positive vibe to the environment, beside your needed skills. I have come here for the last 6 months and reading this forum has helped me to get thru the last 6 months of rocking sails. I start getting to know anonymous people here by their meaningful nick names ;) , and feel closed as I feel we are on this same rocking boat trying to keep balanced, a situation that no one else could understand, but us . I have been looking forward to every 11th of the month to come here to get some energy to get thru the monthly refusals...;)

We have sailed thru a rough sea for the last couple of months with patience , persistence, positive manners and not giving up, we shall reach the destination! Let s meet and have a toast then when we all reach the other side of the ocean (UK) to celebrate our ended ordeals!

Good luck to all wonderful people here! you deserve a great outcome!

PS : The Moderators are kind and very helpful too !

Mojo JoJo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Burundi

Post by Mojo JoJo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:51 am

Hi all, I have been following the thread for the last 2 days. I am a Milkround candidate, scheduled to join a banking graduate program.

This month was my third try to secure a RCOS without success at 47 points. My immigration lawyer and employer both remain silent and stick to simply telling me if I'm rejected (again).

I have been told that come July, it will be their very last try. After that I have no other choice but to loose my offer.

I haven't been given a single reason why all this is happening but this thread has given me some idea why.

I suppose I'm not the only one devastated. But I really wonder if I'm the only one in this pothole. Are other graduate trainees receiving their RCOS?

UKTier2June2018
India

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:40 am

Longneck wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:48 am
50 points . Got refused again this month. My company has been trying since Nov 2017. In Nov 17, my point was 45. Company increased my salary to 50K in March, in which I also did not get thru as the point for Mar was 55-60k. Then come April, due to the RLMT was expired company needed to do the RLMT again in April. I should have gotten thru in April as the point was 46 then, that was the only month that I was qualified fo among the last couple of failed months ! but was not able to apply due to the expired RLMT . Ha, how unlucky that could be!

I am not a forum person, maybe I am too shy, but I feel an urge to come here just to let you know that you guys are wonderful: you have shared your knowledge and concerns, you stayed positive and kept people's spirits high and comforted each other. UK needs people like you guys here, at least you bring the positive vibe to the environment, beside your needed skills. I have come here for the last 6 months and reading this forum has helped me to get thru the last 6 months of rocking sails. I start getting to know anonymous people here by their meaningful nick names ;) , and feel closed as I feel we are on this same rocking boat trying to keep balanced, a situation that no one else could understand, but us . I have been looking forward to every 11th of the month to come here to get some energy to get thru the monthly refusals...;)

We have sailed thru a rough sea for the last couple of months with patience , persistence, positive manners and not giving up, we shall reach the destination! Let s meet and have a toast then when we all reach the other side of the ocean (UK) to celebrate our ended ordeals!

I am experiencing similar sort of pain and I am sure so do many others on this Tier 2 subsection of the forum for the past couple of months - all I can say is I believe everything in life happens for a reason and even at the end of day going to UK for career turns out no longer to be a possibility - it won't be the end of the world - there are still many countries and many other employers in those countries would give people an exciting and rewarding career and life there - meanwhile, remain optimistic and hope the better is yet to come

hopefully1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by hopefully1989 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 am

Same here. Trying with mere 36 points from december 2017. I dont know how dejected and depressed I am.
I left my job hoping 2018-19 quota will provide good luck but that didnt happen till now. It is very difficult to convey the reasons to all those who are asking " when you will get your visa". I feel why the hell did I told them that I got placed in Uk. Hope atleast july august will bring an end to the long waiting.

All the best to everyone for july august. Good by till July 11. Planning to go for a trip to cheer up rather than looking this which is so annoying month after month.

"Hope is a good thing may b the best of things and no good thing ever dies" That is the only thing which is keeping me going now.

Cheers all. All d best

blitzkrieg333

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:37 am

Longneck wrote:

Thanks for your kind words. Hopefully, we all shall sail through one day!

blitzkrieg333

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:40 am

hopefully1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 am
Same here. Trying with mere 36 points from december 2017. I dont know how dejected and depressed I am.
I left my job hoping 2018-19 quota will provide good luck but that didnt happen till now. It is very difficult to convey the reasons to all those who are asking " when you will get your visa". I feel why the hell did I told them that I got placed in Uk. Hope atleast july august will bring an end to the long waiting.

All the best to everyone for july august. Good by till July 11. Planning to go for a trip to cheer up rather than looking this which is so annoying month after month.

"Hope is a good thing may b the best of things and no good thing ever dies" That is the only thing which is keeping me going now.

Cheers all. All d best
Cheer up buddy, this too shall pass! And have a lovely trip. See you next month!

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:48 am

Hey same here. Though I had shared the am going to Uk with only very closed ones still I have this feeling when will give them the good news good thing is that some people around me understand the situation.

However only we people here know ghe meaning of patience and frustration. Have been waiting from February I really hope I go through in august or September with 42 points. My employer is discussion the solution for this hope they make it 45 or 50 in august anyways am due for a new RLMT.

Only positive thing is the amount of new applications haven't increased drastically ita just the same applicants applying and there are instances where the employer have increased their salaries.

Whtever happens happens for good you never know what this delay means for you in life. Lets live the life.

shashankgoyal171
Newly Registered
India

Post by shashankgoyal171 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:53 am

Is anyone with 50 points still waiting for the reply ?

vinchart
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by vinchart » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:59 am

I’m 50 points and still waiting for a reply from my employer. To be honest, I’m still hoping. Hahahahuhuhu :cry:

kiru17
inactive
Mood:
India

Post by kiru17 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:00 am

krimurthy wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:48 am
Hey same here. Though I had shared the am going to Uk with only very closed ones still I have this feeling when will give them the good news good thing is that some people around me understand the situation.

However only we people here know ghe meaning of patience and frustration. Have been waiting from February I really hope I go through in august or September with 42 points. My employer is discussion the solution for this hope they make it 45 or 50 in august anyways am due for a new RLMT.

Only positive thing is the amount of new applications haven't increased drastically ita just the same applicants applying and there are instances where the employer have increased their salaries.

Whtever happens happens for good you never know what this delay means for you in life. Lets live the life.
Same with me too :( Had left my job 3 months back, thinking its just one month away for me to get visa n reach UK, Sadly was not at all aware of such a big process and the mess that was happening since Dec'17 until I started reading the posts in this forum .
Now there is huge gap growing in career too, without a job , just holding on to Hope, that 45 points will get through in July atleast :(

Until the points are increased, I do not see any light for 45 points to get through in the coming 2 months as well..! Hoping some magic to happen!

blitzkrieg333

Post by blitzkrieg333 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 am

kiru17 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:00 am
krimurthy wrote:

Same with me too :( Had left my job 3 months back, thinking its just one month away for me to get visa n reach UK, Sadly was not at all aware of such a big process and the mess that was happening since Dec'17 until I started reading the posts in this forum .
Now there is huge gap growing in career too, without a job , just holding on to Hope, that 45 points will get through in July atleast :(

Until the points are increased, I do not see any light for 45 points to get through in the coming 2 months as well..! Hoping some magic to happen!
Thanks for sharing this. I too was thinking of quitting my job, but after reading your post, I think I should stay put!

applejuice
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by applejuice » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:11 am

Mojo JoJo wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:51 am
Hi all, I have been following the thread for the last 2 days. I am a Milkround candidate, scheduled to join a banking graduate program.

This month was my third try to secure a RCOS without success at 47 points. My immigration lawyer and employer both remain silent and stick to simply telling me if I'm rejected (again).

I have been told that come July, it will be their very last try. After that I have no other choice but to loose my offer.

I haven't been given a single reason why all this is happening but this thread has given me some idea why.

I suppose I'm not the only one devastated. But I really wonder if I'm the only one in this pothole. Are other graduate trainees receiving their RCOS?
Hi Mojo. May I ask when is your starting date for the job? July or August? I think July will definitely give you a positive outcome. Cheer up! xxx

kiru17
inactive
Mood:
India

Post by kiru17 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:35 am

blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 am
kiru17 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:00 am
krimurthy wrote:

Thanks for sharing this. I too was thinking of quitting my job, but after reading your post, I think I should stay put!
Yes, for good sake.. do not resign now. I badly regret now that I hastily resigned..

TufnellPark2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by TufnellPark2018 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:36 am

Anyone on 55 points heard any news this morning? I'm a nervous wreck hoping theres a chance of some good news coming!

kiru17
inactive
Mood:
India

Post by kiru17 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:40 am

Longneck wrote:

Longneck , Your message defenetly cheers me up and for sure all others in this forum too!

NEVER GIVE UP !