ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krithi1984
India

Re: June 2018 Restricted COS

Post by krithi1984 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:41 am

krimurthy wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:48 am
Hey same here. Though I had shared the am going to Uk with only very closed ones still I have this feeling when will give them the good news good thing is that some people around me understand the situation.

However only we people here know ghe meaning of patience and frustration. Have been waiting from February I really hope I go through in august or September with 42 points. My employer is discussion the solution for this hope they make it 45 or 50 in august anyways am due for a new RLMT.

Only positive thing is the amount of new applications haven't increased drastically ita just the same applicants applying and there are instances where the employer have increased their salaries.

Whtever happens happens for good you never know what this delay means for you in life. Lets live the life.
As you said defn we people here know the meaning of patience and frustration, Yes sailing on the same boat like you hardly expecting every month from last December , I will get through this month like that , But this forum help me to analysis where I stand and how I can plan for the future.

Thanks all for your analysis and efforts , Start with 35 points on December , My employer promised to apply for July with 50 points that my last chance , need to leave this country as by end of July , Since my husband visa is expiring on Aug 2018 , Six year in UK (ICT Visa) with 8 year old kid and sweet memories , Try my level best for her to fulfill her wish to extend our stay in UK.

Lets hope the Best for the month of July or else Krimurthy thanks for your lovely wordings Whatever happens for good you never know what this delay means for you in life. Lets live the life.

Best of Luck to everyone for July

boyapap
India

Post by boyapap » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:48 am

55 points refused due to points

OneAnxiousTeacher
United States of America

Post by OneAnxiousTeacher » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:49 am

TufnellPark2018 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:36 am
Anyone on 55 points heard any news this morning? I'm a nervous wreck hoping theres a chance of some good news coming!
I haven't heard anything yet, and am also a nervous wreck.

OneAnxiousTeacher
United States of America

Post by OneAnxiousTeacher » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:50 am

boyapap wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:48 am
Oh, no :( Well, I guess we're done for this month then.

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:50 am

boyapap wrote:
When did you get the news?

supervic93
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by supervic93 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:51 am

Mojo JoJo wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:51 am
Hi all, I have been following the thread for the last 2 days. I am a Milkround candidate, scheduled to join a banking graduate program.

This month was my third try to secure a RCOS without success at 47 points. My immigration lawyer and employer both remain silent and stick to simply telling me if I'm rejected (again).

I have been told that come July, it will be their very last try. After that I have no other choice but to loose my offer.

I haven't been given a single reason why all this is happening but this thread has given me some idea why.

I suppose I'm not the only one devastated. But I really wonder if I'm the only one in this pothole. Are other graduate trainees receiving their RCOS?
I’m also scheduled to join a banking graduate scheme. Have 50 points and was rejected for the second time. I’m aware that it’s not just me for my company, there are at least 10-15 of us. And probably many more in other positions from other firms. You’re not alone!

I don’t want to make this thread go off topic (is there a way to send a personal message?) but I’m wondering if the reason your employer may rescind the offer is because of the summer training program? I’m worried about this as well. And wondering if it’s possible to do it in another country where we don’t have visa issues? (Sorry again for taking this off topic - @moderator would like to send a message if that’s possible)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:57 am

supervic93 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:51 am
I’m also scheduled to join a banking graduate scheme. Have 50 points and was rejected for the second time. I’m aware that it’s not just me for my company, there are at least 10-15 of us. And probably many more in other positions from other firms. You’re not alone!

I don’t want to make this thread go off topic (is there a way to send a personal message?) but I’m wondering if the reason your employer may rescind the offer is because of the summer training program? I’m worried about this as well. And wondering if it’s possible to do it in another country where we don’t have visa issues? (Sorry again for taking this off topic - @moderator would like to send a message if that’s possible)
You don't have access to the privilege of the PM function as a newly registered member.

Members are again reminded to post in public so that ALL may benefit and a gentle reminder that the PM privilege can be withdrawn permanently if any abuse or unsolicited PMing is suspected.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

boyapap
India

Post by boyapap » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:59 am

thevocalmonk wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:50 am
boyapap wrote:
just now by my employer

Amrita30j
India

Post by Amrita30j » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:02 am

Thats quiet bad...

hiend
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by hiend » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:05 am

supervic93 wrote:
Mojo JoJo wrote:
Hi all, I have been following the thread for the last 2 days. I am a Milkround candidate, scheduled to join a banking graduate program.

This month was my third try to secure a RCOS without success at 47 points. My immigration lawyer and employer both remain silent and stick to simply telling me if I'm rejected (again).

I have been told that come July, it will be their very last try. After that I have no other choice but to loose my offer.

I haven't been given a single reason why all this is happening but this thread has given me some idea why.

I suppose I'm not the only one devastated. But I really wonder if I'm the only one in this pothole. Are other graduate trainees receiving their RCOS?

Are you guys graduated from a UK university?

supervic93
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by supervic93 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:06 am

hiend wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:05 am
supervic93 wrote:
Mojo JoJo wrote:

This month was my third try to secure a RCOS without success at 47 points. My immigration lawyer and I employer both remain silent and stick to simply telling me if I'm rejected (again).

No, I’m not unfortunately.

apazhe
China

Post by apazhe » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:12 am

boyapap wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:59 am
thevocalmonk wrote:
boyapap wrote:
just now by my employer
I really doubt that there are around 2000 applications with >= 60K salary.
It looks like it was another round of huge nurses and other SOL hiring.

abhi_qa
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by abhi_qa » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:17 am

kiru17 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:35 am
blitzkrieg333 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 am
kiru17 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:00 am
krimurthy wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:48 am
Hey same here. Though I had shared the am going to Uk with only very closed ones still I have this feeling when will give them the good news good thing is that some people around me understand the situation.

However only we people here know ghe meaning of patience and frustration. Have been waiting from February I really hope I go through in august or September with 42 points. My employer is discussion the solution for this hope they make it 45 or 50 in august anyways am due for a new RLMT.

Only positive thing is the amount of new applications haven't increased drastically ita just the same applicants applying and there are instances where the employer have increased their salaries.

Whtever happens happens for good you never know what this delay means for you in life. Lets live the life.
Same with me too :( Had left my job 3 months back, thinking its just one month away for me to get visa n reach UK, Sadly was not at all aware of such a big process and the mess that was happening since Dec'17 until I started reading the posts in this forum .
Now there is huge gap growing in career too, without a job , just holding on to Hope, that 45 points will get through in July atleast :(

Until the points are increased, I do not see any light for 45 points to get through in the coming 2 months as well..! Hoping some magic to happen!
Thanks for sharing this. I too was thinking of quitting my job, but after reading your post, I think I should stay put!
Yes, for good sake.. do not resign now. I badly regret now that I hastily resigned..
Same boat , am looking to resign in july & hope to succeed with 45 points in july or august.
Problem is i had told my boss about my intention to move to UK & he already recruited another guy as my replacement 😬.

amazingbabu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amazingbabu » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:25 am

Anyone apart from boyapp have 55 points and refused today ?????

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:27 am

I wouldn’t suggest anyone resign from their jobs .. you all just speculating that nurses took up all the rcos and that’s why the point are so high this month .. it might not be the case might be just applicants with higher salary bands or other SOL besides the NHS !!! Don’t mess up your current job . As it might lead to a position where u are jobless .. I went through the same for a few months but I have taken up employment again and put Uk as a plan b ...

Why be sad about a country that probably doesn’t want you to be there, this is how their policy reflects, best is to live your life and

UKTier2June2018
India

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:31 am

cali1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:27 am
I wouldn’t suggest anyone resign from their jobs .. you all just speculating that nurses took up all the rcos and that’s why the point are so high this month .. it might not be the case might be just applicants with higher salary bands or other SOL besides the NHS !!! Don’t mess up your current job . As it might lead to a position where u are jobless .. I went through the same for a few months but I have taken up employment again and put Uk as a plan b ...

Why be sad about a country that probably doesn’t want you to be there, this is how their policy reflects, best is to live your life and
London is different from UK as a whole in many ways

OneAnxiousTeacher
United States of America

Post by OneAnxiousTeacher » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:34 am

cali1234 wrote:

I don't know if it is fair to say the UK doesn't want us; I've always felt very welcome when visiting England, and British people were friendly and eager to know about where I came from and why I was visiting. I have spent a lot of time on various holidays in the UK, and if anything, I felt that most people were MORE interested and eager to know me because I was a foreigner with an accent. I think we need to remember that the UK is a very tiny island, and there just isn't enough space for anyone at all to come live: they are forced (by geography!) to limit immigration.

amazingbabu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amazingbabu » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:36 am

boyapap wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:59 am
thevocalmonk wrote:
boyapap wrote:
just now by my employer

what was your salary ??

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:39 am

UKTier2June2018 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:31 am
cali1234 wrote:

London is different from UK as a whole in many ways

Lol ! London is only different because majority of Londoners are not British !!

shushma10
Newly Registered
India

Post by shushma10 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:41 am

amazingbabu wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:25 am
Status still under review salary 55K (55 points), non-SOL .

amazingbabu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amazingbabu » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:46 am

shushma10 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:41 am
amazingbabu wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:25 am
Status still under review salary 55K (55 points), non-SOL .
me to non-sol - non- nhs - 55 points - already one colleague here in this forum have got refusal - if one more with 55 points can confirm the refusal - that we are gone too

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:46 am

OneAnxiousTeacher wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:34 am
cali1234 wrote:

I don't know if it is fair to say the UK doesn't want us; I've always felt very welcome when visiting England, and British people were friendly and eager to know about where I came from and why I was visiting. I have spent a lot of time on various holidays in the UK, and if anything, I felt that most people were MORE interested and eager to know me because I was a foreigner with an accent. I think we need to remember that the UK is a very tiny island, and there just isn't enough space for anyone at all to come live: they are forced (by geography!) to limit immigration.
That’s a weird answer... you yourself say that UK is a very tiny island, and there just isn't enough space for anyone at all to come live: they are forced (by geography!) to limit immigration.... that’s exactly the same as saying they don’t want us.. and the biggest evidence of this is brexit...
I am not saying everyone is the same but Uk does have its fair share of people who don’t want immigrants and the government is also one which supports the hostile immigration policies ..

thevocalmonk
India

Post by thevocalmonk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:50 am

cali1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:46 am
OneAnxiousTeacher wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:34 am
cali1234 wrote:

That’s a weird answer... you yourself say that UK is a very tiny island, and there just isn't enough space for anyone at all to come live: they are forced (by geography!) to limit immigration.... that’s exactly the same as saying they don’t want us.. and the biggest evidence of this is brexit...
I am not saying everyone is the same but Uk does have its fair share of people who don’t want immigrants and the government is also one which supports the hostile immigration policies ..
Sorry, this is way off topic and it becomes really difficult to sift through posts to find results.
Moderators - For July, can I please request that we start two topics :
1) July RCOS - Discussions (for analysis, general discussion and speculation)
2) July RCOS - Results only - to be started on 11th July only

hiend
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by hiend » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:54 am

supervic93 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:06 am
hiend wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:05 am
supervic93 wrote:
Mojo JoJo wrote:

This month was my third try to secure a RCOS without success at 47 points. My immigration lawyer and I employer both remain silent and stick to simply telling me if I'm rejected (again).

No, I’m not unfortunately.
My employee told me that you have to be hired through milk round to get points. I am on the same boat with you but not eligible for points

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:58 am

thevocalmonk wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:50 am
Sorry, this is way off topic and it becomes really difficult to sift through posts to find results.
Moderators - For July, can I please request that we start two topics :
1) July RCOS - Discussions (for analysis, general discussion and speculation)
2) July RCOS - Results only - to be started on 11th July only
No please, as it is incredibly difficult for even me (yes I am the only one moderating these RCoS threads) to sift through the nonsense and sneaky posting of third party weblinks and other stuff not permitted to be posted. Having a discussion topic will just make it 100 times worse, as persistent experience in the past has shown, and if you want examples, I certainly can show you topics that ended up running into over 1000 pages.

I fail to understand why members cannot simply post what is relevant to a thread instead of all the other irrelevant stuff. RCoS is not the only topic on the forum that demands so much of our time (we are unpaid by the way).

I for one, pity every person that gets pinging notifications of a post and all it is yet another person posting the same repetitive question such 'anyone with x point hear today'!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.