ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

200K - Initial Application - Outside UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

libranisb
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

200K - Initial Application - Outside UK

Post by libranisb » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi All,

First of all let me tell you this is a very helpful forum and I have got a lot of information from it regarding my planned application. Good Work Moderators.

I would like to ask if there is someone who applied first time for 200K Investment and was refused and then successful on second, third or fourth attempt? Are there any such cases. I came across a person in a local forum few days back and he told me that he applied for the fifth time and now waiting the decision. It scared me a lot :(

bpr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 200K - Initial Application - Outside UK

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:25 pm

Have you registered a second username?? Both usernames posting from the same IP address. This is not permitted on the forum.

member/ssafridiuk/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html#p398275
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

libranisb
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by libranisb » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:11 pm

Dear CR001,

Yes this is my second ID for some specific reason. I don't want to use the other one for some particular reason. You can delete or block that one but leave libranisb as this is suitable for me.

Thanks for your cooperation.

bpr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:20 pm

libranisb wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:11 pm
Dear CR001,

Yes this is my second ID for some specific reason. I don't want to use the other one for some particular reason. You can delete or block that one but leave libranisb as this is suitable for me.

Thanks for your cooperation.

bpr
The correct way is to post a topic for the moderators in the Comments about the Board sub forum asking for a) either changing your username or b) requesting if you can have a new username and make the other inactive.

The other username will not be deleted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

libranisb
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by libranisb » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:27 am

Its OK Dear. I will be using this one as mentioned earlier.

Shall I continue my questions in this thread now or shall i start a new one?

bpr

libranisb
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by libranisb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Dear All,

I have a question. When the HO invites for interview, do they give any template questionnaire or any other letters or its just an email asking for interview?

BPR

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:48 am

I am in the same boat trying my second chance. Applied already and waiting for the result :-)
I have attended a tele interview in my first application. The officer will ask a set of prepared questions and record our answers and pass it to the Officer in charge for the decision. All the interview questions are tailored around the application and business plan and it is just to check are we smart enough to deserve the Tier 1 Ent visa or are we sitting in someone's shoulder to collect this visa..??. For any reason if they don't want to issue the visa they may find and make use any of our interview answers as a reason to backfire.

Let us keep share our information and hope the best.

libranisb
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

How to Address Rejection Points

Post by libranisb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:29 am

Dear piercebody, Thanks for your comments. I am also getting ready for the second time.

Dear All,
I have a question regarding the rejection points. One of the point in my rejection was weak competitors analysis in the business plan. It means that they don't have any other negative comment about the business plan. If I enhance the competitors analysis and apply again withing one month from previous rejection, will they question any other aspect of the business plan and make it a base of rejection or can I assume that the rest of the business plan is already accepted and wont be made a base for new rejection?

BPR.

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:58 am

Hello libranisb,

Even though still I am waiting for my result I prefer to share my experience. Expect a not straigward email immediately once your application received by Shefield Office. So your result days will not be the same as your first application and plan your travel accordingly.

To my knowledge (Experts pls correct if I am wrong) if you file a second application after the refusal one of the task of ECO is to create a kind of comparision chart of your current application and your previous application. If the ECO/ECM ( Manager) find there is a lot work done to change the circumstantaces they will apporve it. Fixing the issue from your refusal is mandatory in the same time you have to make sure all other factors also meet their standard. Try to add more evidences in your business plan to avoid questioned by the interviewer or get rid of the suspious thought on your application.

My last business plan is 35 pages and now I have applied with 75 pages ( attached maximum evidences to my level best). But still if the ECO decided to not apporve for any reason it is very easy for them to find the reason in anyway as they can raise any points from our business plan. ( Points they cant change anything).

So my advice is not to rush with your new application and make sure you show your maximum efforts in between your both applications. Every refusal makes your case weaker so try to keep your next application as your final best.

Some points what I have prepared may be useful to you.
1. Launched a surveymonkey survey with 2K people and got 500 responses and attached as a proof to show that there is a demand for my business.
2.Recorded around 10 responses from my target customers that they need us to have a UK base presence
3.Executed my sales plan ( recorded) and recorded all the positive responses from my Sales plan.
4.Attached a endorsement/support letter from Department of International Trade ( DIT) Team UK. ( I managed to get this only because of Marcnath, an expert keep advicing/resolving many user's issues)
5.I have spent around 6 months to create all these evidences and now waiting for the result.

I will keep you updated my status and feel free to ask anything. All the best !!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:23 am

Each application is expected to be evaluated on its own merit.

I doubt very much that the ECO will compare the two applications. The refusal reasons of a previous application may give some guidance as to what the CW looks, but it would not be surprising that if the fresh application is refused, it is on totally new reasons.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

libranisb
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by libranisb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:43 pm

That's a great discussion. I agree that every application is independent and I also agree that every refusal will make the applicant weak.

I am applying with a business plan for a bookkeeping business, so I am not sure if methods like survey monkey will be possible because accountants are needed always.

I applied with a business plan which was 60 pages, prepared by myself, and consisting chapters such as;
  • Exec. Summary
    Services Offered
    Market Research
    Competitors
    Projected Financial Statements
    Contingent Plan etc.
Now, the refusal letter says (apart from other two points) that my business plan does not explain well enough the competition. Logically, its easy to know who the competitors are in accounting industry, so "If i strengthen this chapter in a month and have one visit to UK to meet few businesses and accountants" will that make it good enough or shall I wait for six months before second application so that they feel comfortable that I have done enough to overcome the weaknesses?

Thanks all and the moderators.

libranisb
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by libranisb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:45 pm

Furthermore, I spoke to few lawyers/consultants to seek some help and everyone is saying that Tier 1 Entrepreneur is very difficult to get these days and the refusal rates are very high? Is it true and if such is the case is it worthy enough to pursue it???

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:15 pm

libranisb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:43 pm
That's a great discussion. I agree that every application is independent and I also agree that every refusal will make the applicant weak.

I am applying with a business plan for a bookkeeping business, so I am not sure if methods like survey monkey will be possible because accountants are needed always.

I applied with a business plan which was 60 pages, prepared by myself, and consisting chapters such as;
  • Exec. Summary
    Services Offered
    Market Research
    Competitors
    Projected Financial Statements
    Contingent Plan etc.
Now, the refusal letter says (apart from other two points) that my business plan does not explain well enough the competition. Logically, its easy to know who the competitors are in accounting industry, so "If i strengthen this chapter in a month and have one visit to UK to meet few businesses and accountants" will that make it good enough or shall I wait for six months before second application so that they feel comfortable that I have done enough to overcome the weaknesses?

Thanks all and the moderators.
No one can give specific advice on your business plan. Your UK trip and waiting time for another six months will not surely help. But if your approach is strong enough to defend the refusal points will surely make a difference. I think what they mean about the competition research is list out your 10 competitors pros and cons and their little business summary with how your business/solution will have an edge over your competitors. UK is one of the top most country which got all kinds of exposure and you should project something what you got is unique and win over the competition.

one of my competition research as below and you can make it in your business style. After all these list we should mention out our edge points/Unique Advantages & Other advantages what we have to compete them. Please refer some good standard business plan.
Company Name
Address.
website
•Established in 1998
•Export wholesale body piercing jewelry jewellery, sterling nose jewellery, fake body jewellery, flesh tunnels, surgical steel jewellery and earrings.
Weaknesses
•Do not offer all sizes for items
•Manufacture to order and do not hold large ready stock
•No manufacturing factory for gold items

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:24 pm

libranisb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:45 pm
Furthermore, I spoke to few lawyers/consultants to seek some help and everyone is saying that Tier 1 Entrepreneur is very difficult to get these days and the refusal rates are very high? Is it true and if such is the case is it worthy enough to pursue it???
Yes it is difficult. If you have lived/studied or spent few years in UK the chances are better. Many people started this route to just live in the UK which causing lot of problems for the people who really want to start their UK branch. Don't give up as you are going to spend few thousand dollars but if you get it and your business is good you can earn multiple times of profit with the same business running in other country.
Let us hope the best for both of us and all the best.

libranisb
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by libranisb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Dear Piercebody,
Thanks for your valuable comments and guidance. Lets hope for the best and hope your application is successful. How did you get a DIT endorsement? Will they give any credibility to my plan for Bookkeeping business?

BPR.

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:23 am

libranisb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:52 pm
Dear Piercebody,
Thanks for your valuable comments and guidance. Lets hope for the best and hope your application is successful. How did you get a DIT endorsement? Will they give any credibility to my plan for Bookkeeping business?

BPR.
I have contacted UK DIT Team (googled various sections) no response at all. Then contacted my local British embassy and they have asked me to come for an interview. I hope before the interview happen ( I was asked to send my business plan) they might have got some information about our company and activities. After the interview they escalated/refered my case to the UK DIT team. UK DIT Team assigned a Project Manager and after so may email communications the PM got trust and escalated to her management and issued the letter.

So I recommend you to contact the DIT team of your near british embassy who can make this happen. Initiailly DIT Team (local) refused to process this but I have convinced them with my presentation and focus in the business. Usually it is an extra burden for them as they are already busy with the fortune companies and and working with Top companies. They told me usually all of the companies they support will apply only Sole Representative Visa ( almost similar to Tier 1 but can work with only one company). Try your best in all the available ways and to me the possibliliy to get this endorrsement/support letter is mainly based on the mind set of the regional head as it is not one of their regular task. ( Whether they want to help/escalate or ignore with any reason). All the best and sorry for my long reply :-( Thanks.

libranisb
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by libranisb » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Dear Pieceboyd,
Thank you very much and I really wish you good luck with your plan.

bpr.

libranisb
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: VISITOR VISA

Post by libranisb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:38 pm

Dear All,
I have a C-Business Visitor visa of UK valid till 2022. I applied last month and the application was refused. Will it affect this visitor visa if I travel to UK or this is still valid?

BPR.

marcnath

Re: VISITOR VISA

Post by marcnath » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:21 pm

libranisb wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:38 pm
Dear All,
I have a C-Business Visitor visa of UK valid till 2022. I applied last month and the application was refused. Will it affect this visitor visa if I travel to UK or this is still valid?

BPR.
Your existing visa should continue to be valid unless you have been informed otherwise
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

libranisb
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by libranisb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Thank you dear.

I haven't been informed for any change to my existing visa, so i assume its still intact.

BPR.

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:08 am

libranisb wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:57 pm
Dear Pieceboyd,

bpr.
My Visa is approved :-)
Wish you good luck also and let me know If you need any information.

kenyaken
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by kenyaken » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:43 pm

piercebody wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:08 am
libranisb wrote:
Dear Pieceboyd,

bpr.
Congratulations, piercebody. I've followed your application in this and another thread. Really happy for your success.
May I ask you more about the business plan please? It seems the HO pay a lot of consideration on the business plan, right? I'm planning to submit my application later this year, and am really worry about how much and how complex should the business plan go. Can you and any respected moderators in this forum advise please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:47 pm

kenyaken wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:43 pm
piercebody wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:08 am
libranisb wrote:
Dear Pieceboyd,

bpr.
Congratulations, piercebody. I've followed your application in this and another thread. Really happy for your success.
May I ask you more about the business plan please? It seems the HO pay a lot of consideration on the business plan, right? I'm planning to submit my application later this year, and am really worry about how much and how complex should the business plan go. Can you and any respected moderators in this forum advise please?
Please do not tag questions for user 'piercebody' onto another user 'libranisb' thread.

Post your questions for piercebody in his own topic please, link below or continue your questions in your own topic.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/initial-ti ... 51786.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kenyaken
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by kenyaken » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Thanks CR001 for the reminder. I'm posting on this thread because there're lots of discussion on the business plan, but not on the other thread. Should I start a new topic on business plan separately instead?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:53 pm

kenyaken wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:51 pm
Thanks CR001 for the reminder. I'm posting on this thread because there're lots of discussion on the business plan, but not on the other thread. Should I start a new topic on business plan separately instead?
Continue in one of your own topics please.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/will-prope ... l#p1666810

This topic is NOT a 'general discussion' thread. It just creates confusion and becomes a mish mash of everyone 'tagging on' and difficult to moderate.

See point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)