ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa- Refused under Clause V3.6(a) Deception

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gogonawa
Newly Registered
Lesotho

Visit Visa- Refused under Clause V3.6(a) Deception

Post by gogonawa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:35 am

Hi all,

i hope someone can help me here.

Here is some back ground about the situation. I've applied to visit the UK more than once (all approved). This last one was refused as the ECO thought that the travel voucher I used as a hotel booking was not genuine. I had it prepared by a travel agency. I do not know how they made it, they might have tempered with it, I do not know. I have literally submitted it the way I received it. I will come back to this point as I do not know what course of action to take towards the travel agency itself.

I've been hit as a result with the refusal under the V3.6a clause, adding that if I apply next time, I may be refused under V3.7 which will attract an automatic 10 year ban.

Now I have no ties to the UK. I was literally travelling there just for a few days to London to shop (i have never stayed more than 9 days ANYWHERE in the world as I have very close ties to my homeland). This hotel booking they are referring to was for a trip of 4 days. My refusal letter also says that based on this fact, no other elements of my application were assessed. In my opinion, if they were, there would be no reason for the ECO to reject me: financial situation is favorable, extensive travel history, great employment/salary..etc.

Bottom line, I have a few questions to ease my mind. Like I said I have no ties, and would definitely not attempt to visit again (so many other places to go to for my personal reasons). However, a work trip for example can come up and I do not want to tell my employer that I may not be able to go because of a previous rejection.

I would like to get a few things clarified from the experts here please:

*Do ECO consider the type of deception? Clause 3.6 groups false documents, and impostors, surely that cannot have the same weight?

*If I apply for a visit visa again, what needs to be different in this application? will it be a 100% rejected under clause V3.7?

*The old application forms used to ask if the person has had a rejection in the past 10 years. The new ones don't. Will I always have to bring up this refusal every time I apply for the rest of my life?

*I am a bit confused as to what happens after 10 years. I am referring to 10 years WITHOUT the ban. Let's say I do not apply for a visa for another 11 years. What will happen then? will this deception come into play? could clause V3.7 get exercised?

*Let's assume I get a lawyer. What will the lawyer do? Do I need to get a lawyer ONLY at the moment I am applying again, or can i get a lawyer now to clear this?

*What if I end up with a partner from the UK? Any visa applications sponsored by the partner (sorry I am not sure what those visas are called) would be impacted by this?

*Regarding the travel agency I used, I am lost as to how to approach this. I do not want to alarm them with accusations then when I actually need proof, they'd stop answering ...etc. If a lawyer were to get involved, would I leave this to them?

All input would be highly appreciated, thanks for your time!

Mojojojo00
Newly Registered

Re: Visit Visa- Refused under Clause V3.6(a) Deception

Post by Mojojojo00 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:20 am

In my humble, only pay the lawyer for 'advice'

Please DO NOT give him authority to deal with your application directly.

Just do the paperwork yourself. When you require technical advice. Pay otherwise they don't bother with them.

Also try to be proactive when it comes to securing technical advice.

The above will give you 'complete control' on your application and it also allow you to approach different solicitors for advice. For instance, if you notice some below par advice from your first solicitor, just speak to another solicitor.

The above does not apply to those whose case is extremely complicated though.

gogonawa
Newly Registered
Lesotho

Post by gogonawa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks for the reply! why are you saying I should approach the lawyer for advice only? I've been reading in this forum that a lawyer should be handling future applications to avoid a 10 year ban. Is that true? or is my case classified as "not that complicated"?

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Your issue is not complicated. Just explain in your new visa application that you booked the ticket and hotel through travel agency and submit booking confirmation letter received upon booking from your travel agent to confirm this with your payments receipts made to your travel agent.

Explain that you have a good travel history and you did not submit any false document intentionally.

You should get visa without any complications. Good luck and all the best.

nrasheed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by nrasheed » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Gogonawa,
Hi,
I have same refusal “Paraghraph V3.6 (a).

“you have submitted as evidence a hotel reservation voucher purportedly issued by ---- I am satisfied, to a high degree of probability, that this document is not genuine because a document examination report performed by this office confirms this. Further details are contained in a document examination report, which is held on file. i am satisfied that this document relates to your personal circumstances and that you have submitted this non-genuine document in order to boost your chances of obtainin a visa for the UK. your application is therefore refused under paraghrph V3.6(a) of the immigration rules.

you should note that becuase this application for entry clearance has been refused under paragraph V3.6(a) of Appendix V of the immigation rules, your application has not been considered under part V4 of the immigation rules for visitors”

Did you get visa after re-apply?? Or find the solution for it??

gogonawa
Newly Registered
Lesotho

Post by gogonawa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:12 am

nrasheed wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:14 pm
Gogonawa,
Hi,
I have same refusal “Paraghraph V3.6 (a).

“you have submitted as evidence a hotel reservation voucher purportedly issued by ---- I am satisfied, to a high degree of probability, that this document is not genuine because a document examination report performed by this office confirms this. Further details are contained in a document examination report, which is held on file. i am satisfied that this document relates to your personal circumstances and that you have submitted this non-genuine document in order to boost your chances of obtainin a visa for the UK. your application is therefore refused under paraghrph V3.6(a) of the immigration rules.

you should note that becuase this application for entry clearance has been refused under paragraph V3.6(a) of Appendix V of the immigation rules, your application has not been considered under part V4 of the immigation rules for visitors”

Did you get visa after re-apply?? Or find the solution for it??
That is awfully similar! I did not reapply, and I do not intend to for the near future to be honest. You have to be careful in these instances, if they can feel that you are insisting, they might refuse you under 3.7, and you'll get an official 10 year ban.

From what I have been reading, the next application can only be handled by an immigration lawyer, and even then there are no guarantees. Some rules of immigration state that any person who has been refused under 3.6, should have a MANDATORY refusal for the next 10 years.

Also, do not forget ever about this refusal. If you forget to mention it in a future application to the UK, or any other country that has access to UK immigration records, they'll refuse you automatically, and state that you lied on your application.

Good luck and thanks for the people who responded!

nrasheed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by nrasheed » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:20 am

I checked with Travel agent who provide me hotel booking. They gave me evidence that your hotel booking still confirmed and it is misunderstand between hotel staff and immigration officer (who called for confirmation) and they provide me e-mail correspondence between hotel and travel agent and also provide me bill. And they suggest me that reapply with new application with this supporting documents and they are very confident your case will be clear. So I already reapply and waiting the decision.

nrasheed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by nrasheed » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:29 pm

I got visa after reapply.
My hotel booking was valid and i reapply with same hotel booking and explain about it and they issue my visa.

gogonawa
Newly Registered
Lesotho

Post by gogonawa » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Congratulations!