ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA TB TEST

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Turooj
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA TB TEST

Post by Turooj » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:35 pm

Hello,

My spouse is from Pakistan and had his TB done back in March, it’s expires around the start of August. I am planning to apply for his visa at the start of July, and asked my lawyer if a new TB test is needed as his current one is nearly expired, she has said it is not needed, but I don’t want to be refused and I am abit worry as it will be expired during the application process?

Should I wait until August for a new TB test or apply now?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: SPOUSE VISA TB TEST

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Turooj wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:35 pm
Hello,

My spouse is from Pakistan and had his TB done back in March, it’s expires around the start of August. I am planning to apply for his visa at the start of July, and asked my lawyer if a new TB test is needed as his current one is nearly expired, she has said it is not needed, but I don’t want to be refused and I am abit worry as it will be expired during the application process?

Thanks.
Was she really a solicitor :shock:
TB test is definitely needed from Pakistan. I think if its valid (unexpired) at least on the day of application submission then it should be fine.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Be aware that your wife may well be asked to show an unexpired TB test on arrival at the UK airport. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Turooj
Newly Registered

Post by Turooj » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:39 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:04 pm
Turooj wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:35 pm
Hello,

Thanks.
Was she really a solicitor :shock:
TB test is definitely needed from Pakistan. I think if its valid (unexpired) at least on the day of application submission then it should be fine.
Yeah he has the test and it doesn’t expire unti August. Will it matter that is expired through the visa process? Or does it just need to be in date on the day of the visa application?

Turooj
Newly Registered

Post by Turooj » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:12 pm
Be aware that your wife may well be asked to show an unexpired TB test on arrival at the UK airport. :idea:
Yeah once we have an answer about the visa I will send the Tb back to him. But I just need to know if i can apply for him at the beginning of July if the tb expires in august?