ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application from India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KPSP

OCI Application from India

Post by KPSP » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:25 am

Hi All,

Can we apply for OCI for our new born while they are on eVISA?
If so, can we please let me know the application process.

Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: OCI Application from India

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Yes you can though provide sufficient time for checks to be conducted, although it could be much faster, you still need to make an online application, and contact nearest FRRO.

http://www.mea.gov.in/oci-related-matters.htm
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:54 pm

KPSP wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:25 am
Hi All,

Can we apply for OCI for our new born while they are on eVISA?
If so, can we please let me know the application process.

Thanks
How many days are you planning to stay in india on eVisa ? If time is not any consideration, apply from India.

KPSP

Post by KPSP » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Thanks for the reply guys!

I believe we can stay on eVISA for 60days and that would be sufficient to get the OCI done.

With respect to this -

1. May I know how many times do we require to visit the FRRO (as we have to visit VFS twice here in UK)
2. Is one of the parent mandatory for submitting OCi application for minors or can we authorize any of our family members in India to apply on our behalf?

Thanks

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:00 am

KPSP wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:06 pm
Thanks for the reply guys!

I believe we can stay on eVISA for 60days and that would be sufficient to get the OCI done.

With respect to this -

1. May I know how many times do we require to visit the FRRO (as we have to visit VFS twice here in UK)
2. Is one of the parent mandatory for submitting OCi application for minors or can we authorize any of our family members in India to apply on our behalf?

Thanks
Parents are necessary to sign the application. I belive that child will not be required to visit FRRO Office in person. Be prepared for small small things like Apostilled Birth certificate or Address proof in india like Aadhaar Card.
If parents are in UK, so why not do it here only !!!

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:07 am

If parents are in UK, how did child reach India? Surely one of the parent will visit India with the child. That time one can submit the application. Online Application is there with FRRO and I think 2 visits will be required as per experience of other applicants.