ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification with application timeline

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zarbaraki
Newly Registered
Japan

Clarification with application timeline

Post by zarbaraki » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:39 am

Hello,

I apologise if this issue has already been addressed.

I see that the next batch of Tier 1 visas will be released on April 6, 2018.

To maximize our chances of getting this visa, and applying early, does this mean that we should send off our application for the endorsement letter BEFORE April 6, and then hope to have the documents ready to apply for the visa (stage 2 of the process) on (and after) April 6.

Or, does it mean we should send off our application to receive an endorsement letter (stage 1) from April 6?

Essentially - for those applying as early as possible, what stage of the application should take place on April 6 (or October 1st for those applying at that time)

I hope this question is easy to understand. Thank you in advance to anyone who can clarify this.

Toludo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Clarification with application timeline

Post by Toludo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:36 am

@Zarbaraki: You can send it off say a week before April 6, however it does not really matter at this time as the allocations for the year have been increased to 2,000 across board and this has not been used up yet so either you apply early for the endorsement, a week before April 6 or on April 6, it will still work out well in your favour. I hope this helps.

zarbaraki
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by zarbaraki » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Thank you for your response. This is a relief to hear!

zarbaraki
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by zarbaraki » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:19 pm

I would love to send it off a week before... But definitely would not be ready in time. Still in the process of getting everything prepared - so much to do!

zarbaraki
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by zarbaraki » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:24 am

Toludo wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:36 am
@Zarbaraki: You can send it off say a week before April 6, however it does not really matter at this time as the allocations for the year have been increased to 2,000 across board and this has not been used up yet so either you apply early for the endorsement, a week before April 6 or on April 6, it will still work out well in your favour. I hope this helps.
Hi there - sorry to respond again, I was wondering how you knew this information? Is there a site where the number of remaining visas is displayed somewhere?

Thank you for your time

Toludo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Toludo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:28 am

Just to give you some relief, I was applicant number 210 with ACE and I applied end of January, my application was sent over to them on February 14 and I got my endorsement on the 19th of March. So the previous year had not been fully utilised as at the time of my application considering ET slots have been increased to 2,000 from 1,000.

SarjanNartan
Newly Registered
India

Post by SarjanNartan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Toludo wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:28 am
Just to give you some relief, I was applicant number 210 with ACE and I applied end of January, my application was sent over to them on February 14 and I got my endorsement on the 19th of March. So the previous year had not been fully utilised as at the time of my application considering ET slots have been increased to 2,000 from 1,000.
Hi I am wondering about to file stage 1 application through ACE, I am waiting for 2 more support letters, can i get some more infrmation of how many documents did you submitted, and when it says 10 documents in total does they consider photo album as one of the proof of my additional documents as mine is for promise criteria. Your help and covering letter idea will surely help me. Do you think we need solicitor help and advice to apply for this stage 1 application?

Toludo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Toludo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:53 pm

Hi,

I didn’t use a lawyer as it was a straightforward application. I also applied under Exceptional promise category. You can include photo album if it meets one of the categories for the documents they are looking for.
I did not write any covering letter. I had the 10 standard documents and an additional 6 documents Incase they wanted to see more evidence. I just labelled them extras. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers

zarbaraki
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by zarbaraki » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:31 pm

Thought I would post here to say our application was successful!

Here is my timeline:
Submitted application stage 1: April 17
Decision letter: may 1st
Submitted passport with letter stage 2: may 8th
Receieved email announcing passport was ready for pick up: may 29
Picked up passport with visa and letter: June 5
Plan to fly to London: July 17