ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for non eu spouse to ITALY

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

october2013

Schengen Visa for non eu spouse to ITALY

Post by october2013 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:16 am

My family and i are going on a short holiday to Italy in August. My kids and I are british citizens whilst hubby recently got his ILR.
Can someone please help me with exactly the docs needed to support his Italian schengen visa application.
We made an appt at the consulate directly for this friday and i have read such conflicting advise i am unsure and want to get this right please.
He had applied to go to amsterdam few months back via the netherlands VFS schengen and it was rejected (they didnt provide their reasons in english so we are in limbo)
I have gotten the following to support his application

1) Completed application form - i believe its one standard application form to complete irrespective of whether you are a relative of an EU or regular tourist?
2) passport picture
3) Our wedding certifcate - We got married at a registry in nigeria in 04 (cert is in english)
letter from my manager confirming my employment
4) savings bank statement - its in my name but i have written a statment confirming we are married and the bank statement is mine
5) My british passport
6) flight tickets - booked and paid for
7) Hotel accomodation - booked and paid for

Is there anything else we need to submit please? and can someone clarify exactly how much the fee is

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen Visa for non eu spouse to ITALY

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:44 pm

I don't know how you can be confused given the wealth of information on the forums for the spouses of EU citizens traveling to another EU state.

However I will try to help.

Here is the website you should take a look at:
http://www.vfsglobal.com/Italy/UK/Londo ... amily.html

Here the documents you will need to provide are listed:

1. Visa application form
2. Passport
3. UK BRP
4. Photos
5. Your passport (British)
6. Marriage certificate OR a proof of relationship
7. Proof of joint travel (booking confirmations)

Visa will be issued free of charge AND if you get in touch with the embassy you can bypass VFS and apply directly there.
october2013 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:16 am
My family and i are going on a short holiday to Italy in August. My kids and I are british citizens whilst hubby recently got his ILR.
Can someone please help me with exactly the docs needed to support his Italian schengen visa application.
We made an appt at the consulate directly for this friday and i have read such conflicting advise i am unsure and want to get this right please.
He had applied to go to amsterdam few months back via the netherlands VFS schengen and it was rejected (they didnt provide their reasons in english so we are in limbo)
I have gotten the following to support his application

1) Completed application form - i believe its one standard application form to complete irrespective of whether you are a relative of an EU or regular tourist?
2) passport picture
3) Our wedding certifcate - We got married at a registry in nigeria in 04 (cert is in english)
letter from my manager confirming my employment
4) savings bank statement - its in my name but i have written a statment confirming we are married and the bank statement is mine
5) My british passport
6) flight tickets - booked and paid for
7) Hotel accomodation - booked and paid for

Is there anything else we need to submit please? and can someone clarify exactly how much the fee is

october2013

Re: Schengen Visa for non eu spouse to ITALY

Post by october2013 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 am

thank you for your reply. We had already made an appt with the embassy directly this time around as we were not particularly pleased with the VFS service