ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nkhan18
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Nkhan18 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:33 pm

imran321 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:22 pm
I received an email from home office last week asking me to send them a prepaid envelope to have my docs sent back to me (I did provide them with that but just resent it again to avoid any issues) and I sent them the prepaid envelope yesterday and checked at home and it has been delivered (hopefully all docs have been received, will check once I get home!) but I haven’t heard from them about my spouse visa! I did priority service and it’s been over 30 working days! If they’ve sent the docs should I be expecting to hear from them soon about the decision?!? I’ve escalated the case on working day 31 and was told I’ll hear back in 15 working days!

Hi same thing happened with me my solicitor did send pre-paid envelope but HO wrote to them asking to send, so they can return my documents back. I applied a priority service its its over 37 days now, I called them last week person I spoken to he said he escalated the case. 2 days later I received a call from HO asked about my 2nd job. and Yesterday I received another email stating;

"Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale. We are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however I have escalated this to the appropriate Entry Clearance team so that it can be progressed as quickly as possible"

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Post by arfinkhan128 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Y123m wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:16 pm
Called UKVI again. This time they escaleted our application to urgent. Now i have to wait for their reply. The long wait goes on.....
Escalation is a big scam by the contact centre. They don’t respond in the 15 working day time they give so you call back. The calls charge you a bomb.
The contact centre is a third party company called taking calls for the UKVI they have no influence over getting decision sooner they can only see a status of an application.

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:45 pm

arfinkhan128 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:37 pm
Y123m wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:16 pm
Called UKVI again. This time they escaleted our application to urgent. Now i have to wait for their reply. The long wait goes on.....
Escalation is a big scam by the contact centre. They don’t respond in the 15 working day time they give so you call back. The calls charge you a bomb.
The contact centre is a third party company called taking calls for the UKVI they have no influence over getting decision sooner they can only see a status of an application.
True say big scam

Y123m

Post by Y123m » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Our wedding is on 22nd July. The venue and everything is booked with deposits paid. I told this to the lady i spoke to earlier. She said she would note this down. My partners family also have to apply for their visitor visa and they plan to travel here 5 days before the wedding. Everything is pending.
When we applied we counted 60 days and set the wedding date. We never imagined this would happen.

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:10 pm

64 days & no reply yet

abu ahmed
Newly Registered
Qatar

Post by abu ahmed » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 pm

arfinkhan128 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:39 pm
abu ahmed wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:07 pm
applied from :Doha qatar.
Type of visa: Spouse Settlement
Online app submitted : 27/03 /2018, non piority.
Biometric enrolled : 05/04 /2018
Documents sent to Sheffield : 06/04/2018,
Received an email from ukvi :19th May 2018 saying:Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Documents NOT received back from Sheffield.

No phone calls for my employer and SPONSER.

We are waiting 64 working days from 27th-march 2018 to 26th June 2018

Please is there someone who is same boat.

Please make dua for us.
Thanks
Hi

You still have time You have to count from the day you submit your biometrics not the online application and don’t forget the 2 bank holidays in May so next Monday will be 60 working days for you
Thank you brother for your replay

Halisonu5

Post by Halisonu5 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 pm

Esi esi wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:48 am
Halisonu5 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:33 am
Hi is anyone waiting for a spouse visa since last year? I applied on 21 december and its been more than 6 months i havnt had a reply n also phoned them twice which didn't help much...n its been more than 120 working days now...are they really busy or just being lazy...its really worrying me now...my husband was refused visa in 2015 n i recieved the not straight forward email in march and they have also done enquiry by phone with me and my employer so what is the wait? Can anyone suggest something plz...
Yes our application is still waiting for the decision from November 2017
Have you recieved any emails during this time n have u been refused before...which country did u apply from?...you have been waiting longer than me, this is ridiculous

Halisonu5

Post by Halisonu5 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Y123m wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:00 pm
Our wedding is on 22nd July. The venue and everything is booked with deposits paid. I told this to the lady i spoke to earlier. She said she would note this down. My partners family also have to apply for their visitor visa and they plan to travel here 5 days before the wedding. Everything is pending.
When we applied we counted 60 days and set the wedding date. We never imagined this would happen.
You never know what to expect from HO they simply dont care...they only profit from our money. ..no organisation...they lose files n what not...changes should really be put in place...its getting pathetic...anyways i hope it works out well for u

Khayrulewara
Pakistan

Post by Khayrulewara » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:03 am

abu ahmed wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:07 pm
applied from :Doha qatar.
Type of visa: Spouse Settlement
Online app submitted : 27/03 /2018, non piority.
Biometric enrolled : 05/04 /2018
Documents sent to Sheffield : 06/04/2018,
Received an email from ukvi :19th May 2018 saying:Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Documents NOT received back from Sheffield.

No phone calls for my employer and SPONSER.

We are waiting 64 working days from 27th-march 2018 to 26th June 2018

Please is there someone who is same boat.

Please make dua for us.
Thanks

Urs is only since March mine is since january n still no reply n no update

imran321

Post by imran321 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:32 am

@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

I received my docs yesterday... it was all there !! They also inserted an automated printout letter stating that it is absolutely normal to receive the docs back before the decision is made on the via application etc. So I emailed homeoffice yesterday to ask them the status of my application. They replied back to my wife this morning stating that the decision has been made and we have to wait to hear instructions from the VAC office.

So my wife received a text message from the VAC office saying application “ref” has been processed with today’s date. Now we are just waiting to when she can actually collect the passport..!!

@nabeela biometric was done on 10th May at Lahore and it’s a priority service I opted for.

Good luck guys, this whole process is painful.

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:53 am

imran321 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:32 am
@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

I received my docs yesterday... it was all there !! They also inserted an automated printout letter stating that it is absolutely normal to receive the docs back before the decision is made on the via application etc. So I emailed homeoffice yesterday to ask them the status of my application. They replied back to my wife this morning stating that the decision has been made and we have to wait to hear instructions from the VAC office.

So my wife received a text message from the VAC office saying application “ref” has been processed with today’s date. Now we are just waiting to when she can actually collect the passport..!!

@nabeela biometric was done on 10th May at Lahore and it’s a priority service I opted for.

Congratulations keep us in your dua

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:00 am

Nabeela78680 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:53 am
imran321 wrote:
@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

Congratulations keep us in your dua
When did ur get a email stating that eco is looking in to your case? What date?

imran321

Post by imran321 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:07 am

@Nabeela

7th June..!

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:18 am

imran321 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:07 am
@Nabeela

7th June..!
Oh okay i got that email on 11th june

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:34 am

imran321 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:07 am
@Nabeela

7th June..!
What email did u email home office on?

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:34 am

imran321 wrote:
@sevendust12
@nabeela
@nkhan18

Hi Imran,

Thank you for your update.. Good luck and I hope you get positive news and visa..

No news from them yet for me except the documents was returned.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:40 am

I found a very good timline. So far they have reached Biometrics done on 11th May for priority applications. Haven't seen anywhere any approval for biometrics after 11th May so far:

weblink removed by moderator

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:59 am

viki83 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:40 am
I found a very good timline. So far they have reached Biometrics done on 11th May for priority applications. Haven't seen anywhere any approval for biometrics after 11th May so far:

weblink removed by moderator
Show me the link;
Well my biometrics were done on 26th april & that priorty but in vain

Y123m

Post by Y123m » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:41 am

Called my local MP’s office. Spoke to someone and expalined my situation. He called UKVI and they said a decision was made on 22nd June last week. When i asked them last week they said they couldnt see on the computer.
UKVI said i have to wait till next Wednesday for passport.
Fingers crossed everything goes well for me and all of you.

SHA1504
Newly Registered

Post by SHA1504 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:44 pm

Application Category: Settlement (Wife) Priority
Application Submitted Online: 14th May
Biometrics & Passport Submission: Mirpur, Pakistan
Biometrics & Passport Submission: 18th May
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield: 22nd May
Supporting "" "" Received At Sheffield: 22nd May

No Correspondence From UKVI At All Untill 18th June.
Forgot To Mention (PRIORITY) On My Application Pack Or Send Priority Receipt.
Contacted UKVI Contact Centre On 18th June. General Info Given. No Update Given. Told To Wait 30 Days. Asked If My Application Is Being Considered As Priority But Told It Should Be On The System.

Emailed UKVI on 25th May. Asked About Priority And The Status Of My Application But Automated Email Reply Recieved After 2 Hours With No INFO.

Contacted UKVI Again On 25th May. Said 26 Days Gone But Have Not Received Any Correspondence. This Time The Person Was a Little More Helpful And Reassuring As He Confirmed My Application Is Being Prepared.
Same Night Received An Email With Much More Helpful Response.
"With regards to your enquiry....... , I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision"

"Please note, the priority service does not guarantee that you will receive a decision within certain number of days. It only means that your application would be put in front of the queue. We aim to complete priority applications as soon as possible however it may get delayed due to several factors.

"If it has been over 15 working days for non- settlement applications or 30 working (6 weeks) days for settlement applications, please provide the following details:
Full Name:
Date of Birth:
GWF number:
IHS number:
Passport number:
Place of submission:
Type of Visa applied for:
Date of biometrics:
Nationality:
E-mail address used on application:"

Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield: 28.06.2018

28 Working Days as of today. Will contact them again next week Plz Pray we receive good news Soon :)
Best of luck to everyone else in the same situation.

Employer Contacted By UKVI : -
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI : -
Decision Made: -
Contacted For Collection: -
Collection Made: -
Decision Of Application: -
Validity Of Visa: -

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:25 pm

We escalated our case on 19june 2018 and today received a response from ukvi through 2 emails ,first they said they have not received our supporting documents and after 15 minutes they send an other email saying ,sorry for confusion and they have received our documents and now application is on final stage..anyone have received final stage email???plz share...remember in duas.

San111
Jamaica

Post by San111 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:39 pm

Miyash wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:25 pm
We escalated our case on 19june 2018 and today received a response from ukvi through 2 emails ,first they said they have not received our supporting documents and after 15 minutes they send an other email saying ,sorry for confusion and they have received our documents and now application is on final stage..anyone have received final stage email???plz share...remember in duas.
On the 12 June I had received final stage email,on the 17 June decision was made.

Lucky18
Philippines

Post by Lucky18 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:57 pm

@Miyash, will you share with me if when did you pay the ihs for your child?

hussaincute
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hussaincute » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:40 pm

SHA1504 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:44 pm
Application Category: Settlement (Wife) Priority
Application Submitted Online: 14th May
Biometrics & Passport Submission: Mirpur, Pakistan
Biometrics & Passport Submission: 18th May
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield: 22nd May
Supporting "" "" Received At Sheffield: 22nd May

No Correspondence From UKVI At All Untill 18th June.
Forgot To Mention (PRIORITY) On My Application Pack Or Send Priority Receipt.
Contacted UKVI Contact Centre On 18th June. General Info Given. No Update Given. Told To Wait 30 Days. Asked If My Application Is Being Considered As Priority But Told It Should Be On The System.

Emailed UKVI on 25th May. Asked About Priority And The Status Of My Application But Automated Email Reply Recieved After 2 Hours With No INFO.

Contacted UKVI Again On 25th May. Said 26 Days Gone But Have Not Received Any Correspondence. This Time The Person Was a Little More Helpful And Reassuring As He Confirmed My Application Is Being Prepared.
Same Night Received An Email With Much More Helpful Response.
"With regards to your enquiry....... , I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision"

"Please note, the priority service does not guarantee that you will receive a decision within certain number of days. It only means that your application would be put in front of the queue. We aim to complete priority applications as soon as possible however it may get delayed due to several factors.

"If it has been over 15 working days for non- settlement applications or 30 working (6 weeks) days for settlement applications, please provide the following details:
Full Name:
Date of Birth:
GWF number:
IHS number:
Passport number:
Place of submission:
Type of Visa applied for:
Date of biometrics:
Nationality:
E-mail address used on application:"

Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield: 28.06.2018

28 Working Days as of today. Will contact them again next week Plz Pray we receive good news Soon :)
Best of luck to everyone else in the same situation.

Employer Contacted By UKVI : -
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI : -
Decision Made: -
Contacted For Collection: -
Collection Made: -
Decision Of Application: -
Validity Of Visa: -
Hope it goes well for you. Did you only send original bundle and not photocopies? Also did you receive any acknowledgment email?

mooglemooglemoogle
Newly Registered

Post by mooglemooglemoogle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Application type: Spouse Visa
Country applied from: China
Online app submitted: 12/03/2018 Non priority
Biometric enrolled: 22/03/2018
Documents sent to Sheffield: 03/04/2018
Received at sheffield: 04/04/2018
Email confirmation from UKVI: 13/04/2018
Documents received back from Sheffield: Not received anything at all
Contacted HO by phone: No contact from HO

That is my current status and it's been such a long time with no response apart from the email confirmation on the 13th April but I still haven't received my documents back to this day. I called them 2 days ago and they said they are waiting for some information but didn't say what. As far as I know, I've sent them all documents they need. I'm beginning to think they haven't even started it yet. All they said is that they've escalated the case because it's well past 60 working days and just wait. Shall I contact my local MP? Thanks for the help